Wanted new rear trailing arm bushes evo 9 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Suspension / Handling

Old 11-01-2020, 12:07   #1
jdm phil

Car: evo ix gt
My Car
Wanted new rear trailing arm bushes evo 9

I’m looking for supplier or part number for new trailing arm bushs oem or after market evo 9 there the arms the hand brake cable bolts to , and prices.
Thanks
jdm phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2020, 12:17   #2
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm phil View Post
I€™m looking for supplier or part number for new trailing arm bushs oem or after market evo 9 there the arms the hand brake cable bolts to , and prices.
Thanks
The clear consensus seems to be to stick with OEM (or Ralliart) bushes on the lower rear arms - the inner bush (maybe the outer too?) is a "pillowball" bush/bearing, aka "rose joint".

Try contacting RossSport, or look on their website.

EDITED:- Or do you mean to toe control arms? In my view the best aftermarket bushes are made by SuperPro.

Last edited by plip1953; 11-01-2020 at 12:22..
plip1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 19:44   #3
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
trailing arm on e9 is that longitudinal long one.. so the inner bush is a rubber one, not a pillowball like on evo X. We used Ralliart one and I would reccomend it highly. On my car I will convert it to pure spherical, but ralliart one, which is stiffer than OE works great. I would avoid polyurethane ones..
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:17   #4
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiturbo View Post
trailing arm on e9 is that longitudinal long one.. so the inner bush is a rubber one, not a pillowball like on evo X. We used Ralliart one and I would reccomend it highly. On my car I will convert it to pure spherical, but ralliart one, which is stiffer than OE works great. I would avoid polyurethane ones..
Still not sure which arm we are talking about? The long bottom arm (that is used for camber adjustment) definitely has an OE inner pillowball bush. For the toe arm I wouldn't deny that the same kind of bush would be a nice to have, but Mitsi apparently didn't think it was necessary so I'm inclined to take some notice of that. On the other hand, if they then introduced it on the X, I guess they must have changed their minds, or could it be that it was necessitated by a subtle change to the geometry design?

Have you ever used Superpro polyurethane bushes? In particular they are designed such that movement isn't restricted simply to flexing of the polyurethane, which I believe is the case with many, most, or even all (?) OE and aftermarket conventional style bushes.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:46   #5
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
the trailing arm is just that, the one thats front to back from just under the back door to the bottom of the hub

bush wise there fine with poly ones ,its one of the few that is
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 17:18   #6
Canadian_CD9A

Whiteline or SuperPro is fine for that bushing. The Ralliart bushing would probably be my first choice, but they are difficult (and/or expensive) to find, so poly it is. The trailing arm bushing is the one bushing in the rear suspension that will actually make the biggest improvement in the car's handling if upgraded, since the rest are already either very good/spherical, or redundant.
Canadian_CD9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 19:09   #7
Ross W
Ross Sport

Car: 8.75 @ 163
Send a message via MSN to Ross W
(Incase missed on the other thread )

https://www.rosssport.com/Brands/RAL...m-RARA864730K1

Huge range of Standard Evo & Tuning parts available next day delivery @ www.rosssport.com
Tel: 01945-580066 / eMail [email protected]
Ross W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 17:50   #8
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
Still not sure which arm we are talking about? The long bottom arm (that is used for camber adjustment) definitely has an OE inner pillowball bush. For the toe arm I wouldn't deny that the same kind of bush would be a nice to have, but Mitsi apparently didn't think it was necessary so I'm inclined to take some notice of that. On the other hand, if they then introduced it on the X, I guess they must have changed their minds, or could it be that it was necessitated by a subtle change to the geometry design?

Have you ever used Superpro polyurethane bushes? In particular they are designed such that movement isn't restricted simply to flexing of the polyurethane, which I believe is the case with many, most, or even all (?) OE and aftermarket conventional style bushes.
no, the trailing arm is the long curved one, the one with the handbrake cable....( this.. https://www.4turbo.pl/rear-trailing-...,3,48086,19139) That one, on the 4-9, has a rubber bush connecting it to the chassis.. on the X there is a spherical there too..

I tried powerflex on some other cars. Personally, I would choose ralliart bushes on the evo, if possible. I tried it on a few cars and it just works flawlessly.. As long as those are available I would avoid polyurethane..
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: