Lancer Register Forum banner

What do you prefer, the 6/6.5 or 8/9? and why.

4K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  Gazzor 
#1 ·
Please post whatever you honestly think.

#2 ·
the 6, I feel like the older cars had a bit more character to them. they're all good cars though, I just really love the look of 80s/90s cars.
the 2000s and onward just became so economy/safety focused that i feel they compromised a lot on the personality of cars as a whole.

#3 ·
Vii

#5 ·
I've never been in a pre 7 Evo. Been in Alex Decons 500BHP 7RS and that was bloody amazing. No bells and whistles just mechanical satisfaction. The 8 I went out in was owned by a good friend, was a 260 and although it was mint it just didn't deliver the adrenaline rush. Needed more power and suspension. The 9GT tickes all the boxes for me as I'm biased [emoji41] my opinion only from the cars I've experienced. Doesn't mean one variant is better than the other. Their all capable to be monsters [emoji1303]

#21 ·
Don't like the 10, it's not an Evo to me.
:lol:have you been in a X ? not an evo ???:handsup:it is the quickest evo made!![/QUOTE]

Never been in a X, I've no doubt of the ability but I think it's because my era of the mid 90's cars are the most iconic for me. The shape of the X never appealed, a bit like when the Impreza went to a hatchback!

#16 ·
To the OP. In the nicest possible way, it's almost impossible to answer your question.

In my opinion the 6's and the 6.5's are the last of the raw Motorsport Evo's, and I have pedantic likes and dislikes to both variants which cancel themselves out to me saying I'd be happy with either.

8's and 9's are more "user friendly" but still complete nutters. Slightly different but I had a 7, loved it, sold it for personal reasons, 6 months later got an E6, loved that too, recently sold it and now if both those cars were for sale side by side with the same price tag? I would have to flip a coin to let that decide which one I bought, or get a big fat loan and buy both of them :lol:

Of the variants you mentioned... If someone had a gun to my head I would probably choose the 6.5, and then get bored of it and sell it for a 9gt and so on :smthumbup

#17 ·
ive looked at 4,5 6,and 7s in my garage the best looking for me was my black 5 it just looked right

i do how ever really like the look of my 7 allways have ,hense why i have one

but recently over the last few years the X has grown on me and now of all the evos i would own id have a X all day long

#19 ·
I’m on my second 9 and love it, done a lot of work to it and will probably never sell it. I even daily’d it for a couple of years (10 mile return journey a day though) and it was great.

Last year I bought myself a 6RS to go alongside my 9, always loved the shape, and have to say completely different drive to the 9! Still great fun though.

In my mind I now have the best of both worlds, my 6 more for track use and my 9 for mountain blasts and longer trips (and Spa of course!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.