Lancer Register Forum banner

CPP vs My Evo 8 Mr

13K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  gordonm 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all

This thread has been a long time in the making and I thought it was only right for me to post a thread to tell you my thoughts on CPP Motor Developments good or bad. CPP doesn't know I'm writing this either.

But first here's the story..... Some of you know and some of you dont know a few years back I lost my mum and truth be told I totally lost interest in my car because of this. So the car sat at CPP for sometime, Gaz said dont worry about it, just deal with your stuff and come and get it when your ready. What i didnt realise over a year had passed.

Well time flew by (quickly), I kept popping up to see them with my friends cars who was having work done. Speaking and chewing Gaz and Oli ear off about complete and utter ****e, Gaz ignited the feeling back in me by telling me he had some nice parts available and that they would go nicely on my car if I was going to have a build (intake manifold). The original plans was always to have a build done and this was my first opportunity to buy something. So I payed for the parts and told gaz to save them with some brakes I had bought previous year (Haha with the car).

Anyway as the weeks passed I found myself calling gaz more and more each week with Gaz spending the time to listen to my waffle and explain why i should and shouldn't by stuff. I swear I must called him 3 or 4 times just to ask the same question but he always told me the truth and explained it clearly to me so I understood.

At this point I'm back in the game I'm getting the feeling I want my car, i want to drive it. So Gaz offered to drop it to the paint shop for me (which was 50 miles away at least from his)

Whilst the car was at the paint shop been sorted I'm seeing CPP doing more and more car restoration jobs .... one call to Gaz and the decision is made to clean, remove and renew everything under the car, I felt no pressure from Gaz to have this done it was totally my decision and I was happy I made that choice.

Car gets delivered back to CPP who get it on the ramp and totally strip it down to bare bones (At this point I'm nervous because as we all know evos ate rust buckets if you get a bad one).
I get a call from Gaz saying you got a good one hear pal, shell solid minimal surface rust which I will sort, am i ok to sort you parts for blasting, Powder Coating, Zincing etc - YES Please.

Gaz now tells me he needs direction in what I'm wanting from the car regarding engine/power, what am I using the car for ...... I tell him a fast road car, which may see 1 track day if I decide I ever wanted to. I like b roads not straight line boring stuff, power I'm not chasing numbers it is what it feels.

Couple of months go by as I'm working away from home, me telling Gaz there no rush asking do I need to buy anything or find anything which he tells me you just sit back and relax i sort it only thing you need to decide on is a turbo. Quick call to Mr Norris who does me a nice complete full nd turbo kit.

So at this point I'd been upto CPP with a friend to have a clutch done, I seen my car stripped bare looking sorry for its self on the ramp. Ol says to me this is it pal next time you up here your in for a surprise.

Sure enough week later I'm back up again making coffee, i see a car on the ramp with no number plates this red car is shining and the underside is immaculate - I say to my self this cant be mine, Ollie walks in... so what do you think pal? The smile was from ear to ear I tell you. Gaz tells me everything that's been done, shows me all the new shiney parts (sorry gaz but it went in one ear and out the other - I was drooling over the car)

That was it I was I wanted the car more than anything! I was phoning more than I really should have after that visit ( again always gave me time, never once lost patients with me)

So it's a Tuesday, Im at work working hard as always and i get a call from Gaz, he talking about my car and I'm yeah, yeah sound cheers mate and put the phone down..... im saying to my self what did he just say then the penny drops ...... I rush to get my phone out and call Gaz back " Gaz did you just say what I thought you said"

CARS READYYYYYYYY. OMG this was the longest week of my life waiting to Saturday to get over.

I arrive at CPP on the saturday with a couple mates, I walk in the garage and omg she's there spanking! Gaz starts the engine and I nearly wet my self hahaha - Absolutely amazing! Gaz spent alot of time telling me about everything inside and out, says come on let's go for a spin. Now keep in mind I've been in a Vauxhall Vivaro van for work for last couple years, we go up the road steady driving chatting about things then Gaz presses the throttle... I'm laughing my nuts off inside but keeping from Gaz I'm loving every minute of this, goes well this pal amazing job. Gaz tells me we ain't finished yet mate here is your secret switch.....

Marty McFly:*Hey, Doc. You'd better back up, we don't have enough road to get up to 70.

Dr. Emmett Brown:*Roads? Where we going we don't need roads.

Holy friggin jigawatts, the car is a animal plus Gaz driving is immense I liked it ")

Anyway enough of me waffling, work carried out by CPP

Compete outside strip down
All main parts cleaned and powder coated
Underside clean and prepped blacked out
Removal of old twin suspensions and wiring
Ohlins fitted and setup
Side skirts fitted
Evo 9 front bumper built and fitted
New headlights fitted
Infact all exterior refitted
Full 2l long road forged build
Polish potted head
Gearbox swap
Rs diff
New wheel bearings, sensors
Fuel system sorted
Magnus manifold
Motec ECU
New exhaust
Storage of car eeeekkkkkkkkk
AP front brakes
New rear brakes
Full geo setup
New headlights

Plus a friggin all host of other things I forgotten, I let Gaz chip in if he remembers anything else.

CPP went above and behind what any tuning garage should do for its customers, they didnt need to do half the stuff they did for me. I cannot express how grateful I am for what you have done for me. The car is a animal and is amazing to drive fast or slow, the car is exactly what I wanted and more. I love it.
The evo has been built nearly from the ground up again and there is not a rattle on the car so that in itself is amazing.

I thankyou for helping me in my hours of need when I was at my lowest

If any one wants a tuning company that treat you as a person not as money for the business then I high recommend Gaz @CPP, I love the fact he just doesn't let you buy rubbish and he tells you exactly how it is.

Update

Had the car back roughly 3 weeks now, I checked the oil everytime I go out in it and it's not used a drop.
Cars driving faultless it's a dream to drive

Also took a spare gearbox I bought to Gaz to have checked over, gearbox stripped and blasted, everything checked and rebuilt ... given all clear.

Thank you again to CPP for the amazing build

See less See more
#4 ·
There she is - Credit goes to CPP for all the hard work and quality off finish

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Great work yet again!:coolsm:

I remember speaking to you ages back at cpp when you were about to put the car in for work. (you were asking me if cpp were ok:mhihi: and about going from ayc to an rs diff)

Ace to see its all mint:coolsm:...and good choices of mods too. (like you say,gaz doesnt sell and fit parts you dont have to.:coolsm:)

:thumbup:

#25 ·
Update

Took car out today for a blast in nice weather

Still runs faultless, absolute dream to drive. The power delivery of power is speechless thanks to a Norris turbo.

I'm one of the first people who speaks his mind if there a problem but CPP deserve the praise for this car/engine build. Top lads, top service. You built a Gem here guys

#27 ·
I’ve known Gaz from when I first joined this forum, he is honest, and will help with any mad phone calls asking this and that�� even if you’ve not had any work done by him. I don’t comment much on Traders but this one I would trust implicitly, I even got him out of bed on a Sunday morning to give me some pipe or another. Can’t honestly recommend him enough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.