Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo X SST Service

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  barneyboo 
#1 ·
Can you let me know how much it will cost for a service and gearbox oil change please. PM me if you want to :thumbup:

Thanks

#4 ·
What do you mean by "service". Of the SST box or general engine oil change as well?

A proper "service" of the SST box would involve taking the box out and stripping down sufficiently to, in particular enable all the accumulated crud to be removed from various internal magnets that sense/monitor the positions of the selector fork positions (or something like that). But that's a very labour intensive job and would cost in excess of £1,000. And then you'd need a "re-learn" on top of that at, say, another £150.

Simply changing the gearbox oil is of course a much cheaper option - maybe around £200, and although well worth doing on a regular basis won't make a huge difference to how the car drives.

Talking recently to the tuner I use for SST work, we reckon that all SSTs should ideally be pulled apart after around the first 10k-20k miles (druring which time most of the metal particles that stick to the magnets will be generated) and then oil changes carried out at intervals of every 10k miles thereafter.

Ownership costs of SST Evo Xs isn't cheap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.