The golden age of driving is over - Page 4 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 28-03-2019, 18:19   #46
stevebt
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronevo8 View Post
The people voted to leave but 75% of MPs want to remain I thought they were to serve the peoples vote
They were voted in by the majority to make decisions for the UK so itís up to them what happens. They constantly say they wonít increase taxes but bring in loads of stealth ones Iím sure the people who voted them in didnít want that either.
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevebt For This Useful Post:
Arronevo8 (28-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-2019, 18:55   #47
Arronevo8
Senior User

Car: Std vi imported january 12 mint and very nice in white
My Car
What people have to realize is read between the lines this has been done before in the 80s new learner motorcycles where restricted to 35mph/ 2.5 hp and they wanted changes to cars but was stopped by a government team looking into it. Now this new 2022 ruling this is to push people towards the rail system which is crap and very expensive, the effect on performance people business, the time increase in travel time will drive people to other methods off travel. The EU has designs on many new ideas which will make you hair curl. Germany has banded all diesel vehicles off a certain age in two major cities as a scrappage deal for a new cars like we had here a few years ago. The German car companies have voiced there worries to Merkel so much so have cut there help to political parties in Germany and when the EU asked the Germans for another 20 billion to prop up the EU losses. So new 5g there is a reason as it maps peoples surrounding and everything they do a pulsed millimeter wave length. They want people to share vehicles with no drivers so you just input where you wish to go and just sit there. What a load of **** and so be part off the EU and you can sit there a scratch your ass going to the shops or Brexit and decide what we want.
Arronevo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arronevo8 For This Useful Post:
axyr1 (28-03-2019), RaeTurbo (29-03-2019)
Old 28-03-2019, 19:17   #48
Baileyk
Senior User

Suspect most people would like an automatic taxi. The average person is not a car enthuast, don’t care about handling, power or looks. It gets you from a to b. If it can do that with no driver input, I reckon people and businesses would accept it (after skeptism).
Baileyk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baileyk For This Useful Post:
HuggY BeaR (28-03-2019), RichW (29-03-2019), strange_days_uk (29-03-2019)
Old 28-03-2019, 20:26   #49
Arronevo8
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileyk View Post
Suspect most people would like an automatic taxi. The average person is not a car enthuast, donít care about handling, power or looks. It gets you from a to b. If it can do that with no driver input, I reckon people and businesses would accept it (after skeptism).
People are like sheep very few have foresight to see or ask questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arronevo8 For This Useful Post:
evoviii8 (29-03-2019)
Old 28-03-2019, 21:03   #50
flaco
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC

Rules and legislation on slow moving vehicles (which applies particularly to tractors and also caravans (but not pedal cycles)):

Highway Code Rule 169:

Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

(Which isn't in itself legally binding)

The Police have been on record more than once:

"The police recommendation to slow-moving vehicles is to pull over, where it is safe to do so, and make use of lay-bys, when you have six or more vehicles behind you."

(which in itself is also not legally binding)

There have been a number of convictions of offences of holding up traffic by slow moving vehicles, where fines and points have been given.

I can only presume this is under "inconsiderate driving" laid down in the Road Traffic Act, Section 3:

Careless, and inconsiderate, driving.

If a person drives a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road or other public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road or place, he is guilty of an offence.Ē

Inconsiderate Driving is defined in Section 3ZA, para (4) of the Road Traffic Act 1988:

Section 3ZA

Meaning of careless, or inconsiderate, driving

[snip]

para (4) - A person is to be regarded as driving without reasonable consideration for other persons only if those persons are inconvenienced by his driving.]

All the best

Mark H
Ok now i know that i pull in for every forty sixth car behind me. Thanks
Old 28-03-2019, 21:41   #51
axyr1
Senior User

Car: E6 stage 1
My Car
Quote:
People are like sheep very few have foresight to see or ask questions.
Or Lemmings even, no matter how high the cliff is
Anything for a quiet life it seems, that will lead to a load of trouble, by which time it will be too late for all of us.
Oh and talking of brexit, if all the 17 million people who voted leave started a new political party they would govern forever, now there is a thought
axyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axyr1 For This Useful Post:
Arronevo8 (30-03-2019), evoviii8 (29-03-2019)
Old 28-03-2019, 21:49   #52
Baileyk
Senior User

Govern what, you’ve achieved the square root of jack crap.
Baileyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 22:17   #53
axyr1
Senior User

Car: E6 stage 1
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileyk View Post
Govern what, youíve achieved the square root of jack crap.
Not if you are a politician
Old 01-04-2019, 12:13   #54
Arronevo8
Senior User

My Car
Its like in Ireland this man crashed his BMW and he got out and was standing having a fag when the police turned up and he said he didn't call for help and how did you know I had a crash. The car sent info off the crash, and he was then breathalized and found to be over the limit. Its the beginning off control so driving will not be a pass time for us car owners who like FUN! The top supercars are all linked to the factories for car use service rev use on engine and GPS whats its been doing.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:34   #55
Mita
Senior User

So driving like a total **** on the road in a super car whilst being drunk is ok?

Come on guys, I agree with some of this but safe driving is surely a good thing!?

Quote:
Its like in Ireland this man crashed his BMW and he got out and was standing having a fag when the police turned up and he said he didn't call for help and how did you know I had a crash. The car sent info off the crash, and he was then breathalized and found to be over the limit. Its the beginning off control so driving will not be a pass time for us car owners who like FUN! The top supercars are all linked to the factories for car use service rev use on engine and GPS whats its been doing.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:34   #56
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
Its the beginning off control so driving will not be a pass time for us car owners who like FUN!
Exactly, and there's nothing more fun than drink driving!

Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aidy For This Useful Post:
Mita (01-04-2019), strange_days_uk (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 13:33   #57
jdm4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
So driving like a total **** on the road in a super car whilst being drunk is ok?

Come on guys, I agree with some of this but safe driving is surely a good thing!?
Snowflake.
Mita (01-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 18:55   #58
Arronevo8
Senior User

My Car
The news today BBC1 cars create pollution, well there a shock but do you see the trend. This is all the tree huggers in the BBC. Years ago leaded fuel was stopped for sale and one side effect was believe this better temperament in the population so they now use unleaded with benzene which will kill you with cancer. Its the nice smell when you fill your car that's benzene.
Old 02-04-2019, 18:59   #59
Mita
Senior User

Are you a flat earther?

Quote:
The news today BBC1 cars create pollution, well there a shock but do you see the trend. This is all the tree huggers in the BBC. Years ago leaded fuel was stopped for sale and one side effect was believe this better temperament in the population so they now use unleaded with benzene which will kill you with cancer. Its the nice smell when you fill your car that's benzene.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 19:09   #60
Arronevo8
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
No you don't understand the point off the thread he was caught because he had a new BMW and because off the crash soft wear in the ECU of the car the idiot crashed. He was drunk as a consequence the coppers done him. The new car will not function threw contact with the steering wheel if you insurance is up, you cant lend the car to someone else as their not insured. Even high blood alcohol can be checked so car wont work. Servicing mot to many in the car.etc etc
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: