HEL after Sales- THANK YOU - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Gold & Silver Option MLR Traders > HEL Performance

Old 29-05-2017, 14:07   #1
katadikos
Senior User

Car: evo IX
HEL after Sales- THANK YOU

Well

i wanted to do a post to prase the HEL company in the UK,

I failed Belgian MOT(no one else noticed during import check or 3 years MOT check??) because i have HEL brake lines and according to Belgian law it is forbidden to change anything in the braking system including the lines.
HEL and Ben Viner had already mailed me saying that they have European certifications and i was covered. No incident was recoded in Belgium he said. But Belgian MOT stupidity is above all.

I was devastated as they did not accept the certifications HEL has on the website.
After that i contacted HEL again to let them know the outcome and to tell them to keep Belgian customers informed of the implications. I also provided the link to the document of the Belgian MOT indicating that any change on the braking system is not permitted.
After some hours i received a reply from Simon Lane (HEL) saying and i quote:

"Dear Ioannis

Thank you for your email. We have contacted the GOCA this morning to get this situation clarified as they state that you cannot use stainless steel hoses on any car – you can only use OEM rubber hoses.

My argument to the gentleman I spoke to is that the Audi TT and all Jaguars (for example) come fitted with the stainless steel hoses as standard – so they contradict their own law.

He then told me that you need CE approval. I have informed them that there is NO CE for brake hoses – only ECE90R which covers brake PADS.

He has accepted this and has asked me to send all our certification to them which I have done today and I presume I will be answered on Monday.

Is this okay ? Can you hang on until they reply ? Sorry for this – first time it came up."

I was not expecting that at all! Amazed! They tried to do something for a guy in Belgium where obvisly they do not profit from sales!
So i wanted all of you to know that HEL is a trustworthy company, after-sale is fantastic and i am saying that even if the Belgian MOT will not accept the certification papers.
Hail to them and a big BRAVO and thank you for taking my matter seriously!

Sorry for the long post but i think you should know the story.

Ioannis
katadikos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to katadikos For This Useful Post:
Craig1985 (29-05-2017), evo/nut (29-05-2017), GCCBRRR (29-05-2017), Jim Salter (23-08-2018), Leo6072 (30-05-2017), river evo 6 (29-05-2017), strange_days_uk (23-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-05-2017, 15:05   #2
Craig1985
Senior User

Car: IX GT, TE37, Ohlins, Cusco
Have to say that's really impressive service, I've never understood some countries obsession with OEM parts
Craig1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig1985 For This Useful Post:
katadikos (29-05-2017)
Old 30-05-2017, 07:13   #3
katadikos
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1985 View Post
Have to say that's really impressive service, I've never understood some countries obsession with OEM parts
Me too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-09-2017, 10:35   #4
katadikos
Senior User

Just to update everyone... Probably the guys at HEL stopped the support as they haven't been answering their mails for the last 2 months. No progress and no answer from Belgian MOT has been received. It was ok for a try...i guess, now i have to go back to the OEM brake lines.
Cheers
Old 30-07-2018, 08:23   #5
katadikos
Senior User

Any news on the homologation for the Belgian GOCA?
Old 30-07-2018, 17:36   #6
HEL Performance

Car: Honda S2000 Race Car Build version 2 in very slow progress
Hi, well this has turned into a positive/negative review Not sure whatís happened with regards to you not receiving any emails. I can check tomorrow with Simon and try and get hold of Ben (heís currently
On holiday) to see if they have an update with regards to the Belgium GOCA. If you want to forward me any information either do it here or send it to [email protected] and Iíll do my best to help.

Our current list of certificates can be found here http://www.helperformance.com/certification/

Thanks

Mike

*Oil Cooler Kits*
*NEW Oil and Fuel Hoses*

5500+ Brake Line Applications from stock!

What's Stopping You?
HEL Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 13:34   #7
katadikos
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEL Performance View Post
Hi, well this has turned into a positive/negative review Not sure whatís happened with regards to you not receiving any emails. I can check tomorrow with Simon and try and get hold of Ben (heís currently
On holiday) to see if they have an update with regards to the Belgium GOCA. If you want to forward me any information either do it here or send it to [email protected] and Iíll do my best to help.

Our current list of certificates can be found here http://www.helperformance.com/certification/

Thanks

Mike
Well Mike
thanks for getting back on the subject

I do not see how you think that it turned to a negative review. I was just stating facts to update everyone on the situation. The truth is that the guys stopped answering my queries for an update on the GOCA communication. I did not say anything negative or commented on that.

Having said that, I had to pay and return to the OEM lines since no response was received from Ben and Simon.
So do you have an update to provide?

thanks a lot
I.
Old 19-09-2018, 11:47   #8
katadikos
Senior User

right... posted here, sent email as proposed, still no reply
Old 03-10-2018, 14:28   #9
katadikos
Senior User

Yesterday received an update from Mike so something is moving. thanks for the update and i will be waiting for the reply from the Belgian authorities
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: