Evo 6 Boost Logging - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > ECU / Mapping

Old 13-07-2018, 14:07   #1
jaemess

Evo 6 Boost Logging

Hi all,

I have searched and couldn't find any definitive answer/s, so I am posting this thread in the hopes of finding one. Has anyone successfully logged boost on the evo 6 via MAP sensor (using evoscan), and if so, which pin on the E6 Ecu do i need to send the signal from the MAP to?

thanks!
jaemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-07-2018, 06:51   #2
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Following
rjwkerkhof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjwkerkhof For This Useful Post:
jaemess (19-07-2018)
Old 20-08-2018, 00:59   #3
VR-4Squid

Car: CP9A Evolution V
Also searching for this info, if I find out I'll share.
Advertisement

Old 20-08-2018, 17:17   #4
And

Car: Evo VIII GSR, Black with red leather interior, Do-Luck wide arch kit, Rota GTR rims 265 tyres
My Car
Send a message via MSN to And
If you wire the map sensor up to pin 75 you might be able to log mut 3C, that might work
And is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to And For This Useful Post:
rjwkerkhof (21-08-2018)
Old 28-08-2018, 06:06   #5
jaemess

i think this is for the evo 7-8 ecu? since their pinouts indicate lambda rear sensor -- in evo 6 ecu pin 75 is blank (not used)....
Old 28-08-2018, 07:33   #6
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemess View Post
i think this is for the evo 7-8 ecu? since their pinouts indicate lambda rear sensor -- in evo 6 ecu pin 75 is blank (not used)....
Hi Jeamess,

When going SD the map sensor should be connected to pin 75, the SD rom has rewritten code (my guess) to support the reading of the map sensor signal at pin 75.

There might be a possibility to do this the same for the none SD ceddy rom, there are already some tables defined for SD in this ROM.

In the coming weeks Ill try to hookup my GM 3 bar map sensor to pin 75 hoping my ECU can log the signal.

Kind regards,

Roy
Old 28-08-2018, 18:29   #7
And

Car: Evo VIII GSR, Black with red leather interior, Do-Luck wide arch kit, Rota GTR rims 265 tyres
My Car
I've checked it this evening and it works on a standard rom with the sensor wired to pin 75. It works because all you are doing is asking the ecu what the value of the adc channel is that is connected to pin 75. To convert from the adc value (0 to 255 which is 0v to 5v) to kpa you'll need to know the conversion for the sensor you are using.
rjwkerkhof (29-08-2018)
Old 29-08-2018, 06:42   #8
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by And View Post
I've checked it this evening and it works on a standard rom with the sensor wired to pin 75. It works because all you are doing is asking the ecu what the value of the adc channel is that is connected to pin 75. To convert from the adc value (0 to 255 which is 0v to 5v) to kpa you'll need to know the conversion for the sensor you are using.
Thanks And!

What address/request are you using to read out? Is it the 38 as defined in the evoscan ceddy xml already?
Old 29-08-2018, 06:55   #9
And

My Car
No you'll need to use 3C
Old 29-08-2018, 07:14   #10
jaemess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwkerkhof View Post
Hi Jeamess,

When going SD the map sensor should be connected to pin 75, the SD rom has rewritten code (my guess) to support the reading of the map sensor signal at pin 75.

There might be a possibility to do this the same for the none SD ceddy rom, there are already some tables defined for SD in this ROM.

In the coming weeks Ill try to hookup my GM 3 bar map sensor to pin 75 hoping my ECU can log the signal.

Kind regards,

Roy
Thanks a bunch Roy! Kindly keep us posted once you've tried this.
Old 29-08-2018, 07:14   #11
jaemess

Quote:
Thanks And!! How do you use/request 3c address on ceddy rom once you connect to pin 75? A quick how to on how you set it up would be awesome. thanks and regards!

Last edited by jaemess; 29-08-2018 at 07:19..
Old 29-08-2018, 07:36   #12
And

My Car
You request 3c in evoscan, just edit the map sensor that you have i.e. GM 3 BAR then change the MUT request from 38 to 3C that's it. If your map sensor isn't listed you'll need to calibrate it to get the kpa to volts conversion then modify the equation in evoscan to suit
rjwkerkhof (29-08-2018)
Old 29-08-2018, 10:15   #13
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
You request 3c in evoscan, just edit the map sensor that you have i.e. GM 3 BAR then change the MUT request from 38 to 3C that's it. If your map sensor isn't listed you'll need to calibrate it to get the kpa to volts conversion then modify the equation in evoscan to suit
Good to know that it needs to be 3C instead of 38, any idea why it was set to 38 by ceddy?

Btw do you also know the request for pin 44 on the E6 ECU? My map switch is connected to it but wont log in evoscan.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:01   #14
jaemess

so if i use omni 4 bar (which is listed) all i have to do is change the request to 3C and thats it? nothing else? thanks!!!
Old 29-08-2018, 11:31   #15
rjwkerkhof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemess View Post
so if i use omni 4 bar (which is listed) all i have to do is change the request to 3C and thats it? nothing else? thanks!!!
According to And yes! Only need to know if he tested it on a E5/6 Ecu or on a E8 ecu
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: