Passenger door won't unlock - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Electrical / Security / ICE / Navigation

Old 08-03-2014, 16:49   #1
amcnie

Car: 2010 Lancer Sportback 2.0 DI-D Juro
Passenger door won't unlock

Firstly, apologies if this is a repost of someone else. Can't find my exact issue from a quick search.

Right...

2010 Lancer sportback
The passenger door stopped unlocking about a week ago.

When I first noticed it, by repeatedly locking and unlocking the car I managed to get it to open twice.

Now the door cannot be unlocked both via unlock switch (on remote and beside handle) and by pulling the internal handle.

Seems strange to me that it could be a mechanical issue as started working for a little while.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Last edited by amcnie; 08-03-2014 at 16:50.. Reason: Spelling
amcnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 01:00   #2
DarwinsChoice

Hmm it does sound like something mechanical when even the internal handle wont open it, they're usually connected to the lock with a linkage...

however, put your ear right up against the door, near the locks and handles, and listen for any motors/solenoids operating when you try to unlock, if you hear something electrical operating but fail to move the linkage then probably something mechanical is awry...

If you cant hear anything at all then probably something electrical is amiss, either way you need to take the door card off to see whats going on !
then you need a multimeter and the schematic to measure where the signal goes missing
DarwinsChoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 17:48   #3
amcnie

Car: 2010 Lancer Sportback 2.0 DI-D Juro
Also asked a Mitsubishi garage today, says only option is just pull door card as hard as possible and hope it doesn't break.

Oh well

Cheers anyway
amcnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: