2006 Evo IX MR For Sale, $26K Asking Price - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Old 04-01-2020, 20:46   #1
PeakAlpha

Car: 2006 Evo IX MR
2006 Evo IX MR For Sale, $26K Asking Price

Hey guys!

Well, it has come time to sell my Evo. I love this car, but I just don’t use it too much anymore ever since I finished my race car. I bought it 10 years ago or so with the intention of it being my weekend warrior. My plan was to do car shows/club cruises on the weekends with the occasional Auto-X and maybe a track day once a year or so. Well, I did a couple of track days and decided that was what I really wanted to do with my car hobby.

Ever since then, I have basically used the Evo to cruise occasionally and drive to work every now and then. It is just way too nice to turn into a track car or anything approaching that. Now that I have got my race car, my time is pretty well consumed with that, so it mostly just sits in my garage and absorbs insurance money. It’s time for me to move on and let somebody else enjoy her how she is supposed to be enjoyed (innuendo welcome).

So, without further further delay, here are the deets on the Evo;

Email: [email protected]

Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR
Color: Wicked White
Miles: 52,xxx
Price: $26,000

Engine:
2.3L MAPerformance Stroker kit w/ Wiseco Pistons
MAPerformance Stage 2 Head Port w/ upgraded valves/guides
Aeromotive Stealth 340 E85-Friendly fuel pump
GSC S2 Cams (274’s)
FP Green Turbocharger
3” Intercooler
Sheptrans Built 5-Speed w/ REM ISF polished gears
Megan Racing Exhaust w/ Downpipe
AEM Cold Air Intake
Tial Waste Gate
TurboSmart Boost Controller
PPI Mini-Battery w/ Mount Kit
Probably a few other things I am forgetting on the engine as well

Suspension/Brakes:
Energy Suspension Urethane Bushings for the control arms and Rear Diff
Swift Mach Sport Springs on the stock Bilsteins
Brakes are the stock Brembo’s 4-piston fronts, 2-piston rears with Stainless Steel Pistons from Racing Brake (These will handle heat better and are also less thermally conductive, helping to reduce heat transfer to the brake fluid).
Wheels are stock, but powder-coated black
Tires on it are Dunlop Direzza Z-II’s that have very little wear but are a couple of years old. That being said, they have a few track days in them, but are a bit past their prime.

Other Items of note:
The body is stock, with a few minor scratches that I have highlighted in the pictures below
I made the shifter from Delrin. It has an aluminum insert that is pressed into the bottom w/ epoxy. It is a high-quality piece.
It has a gauge cluster on the driver’s side A-Pillar w/ AEM gauges for AFR, Boost Pressure, and Engine Oil Pressure.

The car in its current configuration made 450HP/470ft-lb @ 32 psi to the wheels on MAP’s Dyno in Minneapolis. It is tuned on E85. The current tune does not like to start in cooler temps (below 70 F or so), and takes a couple of cranks before it will start unless it is warmer. That will likely need to be adjusted in the tune for use in cooler climates. E85 is a beeotch.

The six-speed that was in it took a dump a while ago (4th gear over-heated) at a track day that I did, so I replaced it with the Sheptrans 5-speed and the 6-spd to 5-spd conversion kit. The transmission currently has less than 500 miles on it.

I have placed some pictures at the following link for interested parties to view. I don't know how to use the image hosting sites and I don't desparately want to sign up to use one. Please let me know if this is a problem. Another item to note: I have placed several pictures in there which are zoomed in on some scratches/imperfections in the paint that I wanted to highlight for the sake of honesty, so that is what that is about.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...FfMHJIY014em9R

Aside from the pictures, I also have this video of me driving it at Nelson Ledges in NE Ohio a couple of years ago. As you can see, she is a beast!

If anybody is interested please do not hesitate to ask questions via email or PM me. I have a VIN report for the car that I can provide via email for serious buyers. Thanks for the look guys!

Last edited by PeakAlpha; 06-01-2020 at 02:24..
PeakAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: