BMW E46 M3 Track Car For Sale - Fresh Build - PX Considered - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars > Non-Evo Cars for Sale

Old 18-12-2017, 17:28   #1
E46johnm3

Car: BMW E46 M3
BMW E46 M3 Track Car For Sale - Fresh Build - PX Considered

£13,999.

Due to problems with uploading pictures since the demise of Photobucket please see my ebay listing for photos, item number 322915640651 or Whatsapp me on 07775875100 and i'll send you some pictures.

Here for sale is my E46 M3 track-day/sprint car.

It is a 2001 on a Y plate (early UK car) Manual Coupe. The vehicle was originally Carbon Black with a Grey interior but thankfully a Black dashboard. Its undergone a few changes since!

The recorded mileage is 131,000 but as you will read below the car has now covered just 2,500 miles since a full engine rebuild and bodywork refresh/paint/colour change.

This is a real ‘triggers broom’ car and apart from the now restored shell very little on the car is 16 years old or has covered 130k miles!!

Now finished in Jet Black with a Carbon fibre boot and bonnet.

Here is a run-down of the car.

Engine;

Freshly rebuilt at 128,454 miles and completed on 31.03.17. The engine was stripped to a bare block and rebuilt with a perfect crank (checked and inspected, polished and NOT re-ground), pistons, rods, brand new timing chain and tensioner and new race bearings. Obviously it also had a head gasket and all other gaskets, bolts, belts etc.

The vanos was fully rebuilt by Hack engineering using their parts.

Parts used included King race bearings, a warrantied 60,000 crank/pistons/rods (fully inspected and polished prior to installation and NOT re-ground)

ARP bolts and new shells, genuine from BMW.

The parts alone cost £4,350 and then the labour was approx. £2,500. So that’s nearly £7k spent on the engine just 2,500 miles ago.

The engine was run in very strictly for 1,000 miles and then serviced again. Always using a new filter and Mobil one 10/60.

With regards to the rest of the engine specification it includes; Velocity stacks with cold air feeds, secondary air pump delete, oil catch can, de-cat, and a Hamman upswept rear box.

The A/C system has been removed and the engine fan is hard wired to be on all of the time. There are no overheating issues with this car, even on a scorching hot day at the track.

It has polybushed solid engine mounts.

The car is Alpha N mapped, de-limited and performs fantastically. Easily pulls at 175 + MPH on the autobahn and is as quick as you can drive it around the track. It sounds like a Lambo when on full chat but it’s nice and quiet when cruising or at idle. It passes noise tests no problem.

Body;

The car was originally Carbon Black (dark Blue, which I hate!) so I have had it re-painted in Jet Black. The door shuts have not been done but this doesn’t notice as the two colours are similar. This year is actually the second time that I have had the car painted Jet Black. In preparation for paint this time the car had a new drivers side front wing (old one was a bit rusty) and both rear quarters were professionally cut out and re-done with new metal. There is no rust on this car and the paint is lovely.

It is now running with a standard front bumper fitted with fog light deletes and Hamman air ducts.

The car has a carbon bonnet with release pins and carbon CSL style bootlid.

Amber front indicators and facelift LED rear lights. Xenon headlights, LED side light bulbs, Angel eyes, colour coded side grills and front grill.

Its recently had new headlight lens covers and badges.

There is a parking sensor missing from the rear bumper but the hole is plugged (The sensor is in the glovebox)

Wheels/Tyres;

It runs on genuine BMW 18” M3 wheels (square set up, 4 x 9” wide rears) all immaculate and professionally powder coated in satin Black. The tyres are currently 255/40/18 Federal 595RS. These are a fantastic tyre and actually my current favourite for a balance between grip and fun.

Stud kit fitted front and rear and the rear wheels are on 8mm spacers.

Suspension/running gear;

HSD Monopro fully adjustable coil-overs with camber adjustable top mounts. Fully aligned on a Hunter machine and set with camber. I think it’s running about -2.25 degrees camber on the front and -1.5 on the rear.

Perfect handling and looks good as a bonus.

H&R thicker anti-roll bars.

Boot floor professionally repaired by Simpson Motorsport.

Stabilizer bars/tie rods/trackrod ends/balljoints/bolts all replaced in the last couple of years.

Powerflex polybushed diff mount/subframe carrier mounts/trailing arm bushes.

Clutch re-newed in 2016 and I think I had a short shift kit fitted but I can’t actually remember for sure about the short shift.

Standard front strut brace, additional rear strut brace.

Brakes;

CSL front discs with refurbished Porsche Brembo callipers. I’ve had traditional BBK’s on previous M3’s and I have to say that these brakes are fantastic. They perform much better than my last K Sports and are not far off of the performance of AP or Alcon set ups. And yes, I have driven/owned both.

Currently running Ferodo DS2500 Pads and have a second brand new set of fronts to go with the car.

Rears are standard brakes currently fitted with DP1118 pads.

Interior;

Stripped out. The car still has electric front windows and an electric sunroof.

Apart from those ‘luxuries’ there isn’t much in there! No remote locking (still has central locking on the key) no opening rear windows, no AC, no stereo, no speakers, no parcel shelf, no rear seats, no airbags or module, no centre console, no rear carpet, no sound deadening, no insulation, no remote boot release……….

It has a Weichers Sport bolt in rear cage (welded plates), Corbeau Forza Sport seats on fixed mounts and Luke 3-point harnesses.

OMP steering wheel in alcantara with matching gear knob and handbrake gaiter.

Lightweight door cards and rear quarter cards with door pulls and E46 Compact door handles.

BMW Clubsport door entry trims.

Alcantara dash trim, double DIN blanking plate, Helmet net in boot.

The exposed metal in the rear interior has been spayed Black.

Fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell.

Summary/Additional information;

This is a track car and it has visited many tracks both here and in Europe in my ownership. It is not a ‘show car’ but having said that it is very well looked after and borderline immaculate.

The above information should give you an idea of the mechanical maintenance and with regards to the upkeep of the car it is kept in my garage on a trickle charger and under a cover.

It is always warmed up before being driven in spirit and always cleaned and polished before being put away. I am fussy and the cosmetic condition of the car also shows this.

The car drives straight and true, no untoward noises (it is a noisy thing anyway with the spec, solid mounts, polybushes and no interior) and nothing that concerns me at the minute. It has proved nice and reliable since the re-build and doesn’t use any oil or fluids.

The current MOT is valid until August 2018.

The paintwork looks fantastic, a really deep Black with a great shine. Very nice condition and although not concourse it’s a beautiful looking car. No body rust or rot.

Viewing is obviously welcome and encouraged.

I am happy to take you out on a test drive and if I like you and/or think that you’re a serious buyer then I might even let you drive it!

Test pilots and tyre kickers will be treated accordingly.

The car is in Horsham, West Sussex.

This is a private sale and no warranty is implied or given. Cleared funds will need to be in my hand or in my bank before the car is driven away.

I have the V5 registration document in my name and address. There is a huge history file with the car.

The car is HPI clear. I will be keeping my plate off of the car and it will return to its original Y plate.

The engine and bodywork completed this year within the last couple of thousand miles have cost over £9,000. The sum of the other parts of the car total more and then there’s the cost of a clean manual coupe in there too.

I am happy to consider a part exchange if that helps.

If you are interested in the car then please contact me.

Any questions, please ask. Thanks.

£13,999.
E46johnm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to E46johnm3 For This Useful Post:
TMEphil (19-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: