What to do? - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 13-11-2019, 23:42   #1
EvoBpm

What to do?

Bought an Evo 5 about 7 weeks ago. The company said they would send the documents off in my name so I would be the first owner. I only noticed today on the export certificate it was imported in 2016. I was sold it as a fresh import so I phoned to see what was going on. The bloke on the phone said they bought the car off a person who imported the car in 2016 and garaged it as a investment and never drove or registered it. I had a back and forth with the bloke saying a fresh import should be weeks maybe months old coming in the country. I said I might think about sending the car back for a refund. He said he would but I would lose the £250 I paid for delivery and have to deliver the car back to them. I live 400 miles from them so I would have to pay someone to deliver car back to them which would probably cost another £250.
Still not got the paperwork back from the DVLA which is worrying! They said they sent it off but nothing. I am also concerned that someone would have it in the country for 3 years and not register it.
What should I do? The car isnít that bad. Itís pretty much rust free shell wise.
I just feel cheated.
Help please.
EvoBpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-11-2019, 11:52   #2
r3k1355
Senior User

Condition is everything.
It doesn't matter if it was imported yesterday or 3 years ago, you bought it for the condition above all else.

I assume you inspected it, the car hasn't physically changed since then, so why faf around with a refund?
Unless there's a genuine problem with registration I don't see the problem and I can understand why the dealer isn't going to cover the cost of moving the vehicle again.
r3k1355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 14:23   #3
Filipe Dias
User

Car: Evo 6
If you like the car, keep it.

As said above, condition is everything.
Filipe Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-11-2019, 23:42   #4
EvoBpm

I agree with that reasoning. The car appears to be in a good condition and I bought it because I like it. However Iím concerned that the dealer was not upfront about its history at point of sale. Why put fresh import if it isnít? Also I have no idea what has happened to it for the time itís been in the country. I donít understand why someone would import it and not register it. Will the fact that it has been in the country for 3 years and not been registered affect it being registered to me? It has already taken longer than I was told to expect and the DVLA have no knowledge of it.
EvoBpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 13:18   #5
MikeC
Senior User

Car: Red E5
What does it matter, really? So a dealer tells some fibs,find one that doesn't.

If the car is rot free, and mechanically sound, keep it - they're few and far between.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeC For This Useful Post:
Mita (15-11-2019), Stallion (17-11-2019)
Old 15-11-2019, 14:29   #6
daveyheats
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoBpm View Post
Itís pretty much rust free shell wise.
I think that should tell you whether to keep it or not.
daveyheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 16:55   #7
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
while it kind of kicks ya spuds youd get very short change to try and get the dealer to take it back ,

as said keep it ,its what you want and what youve spent your hard earned cash on ,99% of folk these days dont give 2 hoots about a cars history as long as its straight and clean ,just ENJOY it
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 16:58   #8
Stoff
Senior User

My Car
Mine was imported in 2008 and is still in very good condition
Just keep it
You could import another and it be a rot box
Stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 20:59   #9
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoBpm View Post
Bought an Evo 5 about 7 weeks ago. The company said they would send the documents off in my name so I would be the first owner. I only noticed today on the export certificate it was imported in 2016. I was sold it as a fresh import so I phoned to see what was going on. The bloke on the phone said they bought the car off a person who imported the car in 2016 and garaged it as a investment and never drove or registered it. I had a back and forth with the bloke saying a fresh import should be weeks maybe months old coming in the country. I said I might think about sending the car back for a refund. He said he would but I would lose the £250 I paid for delivery and have to deliver the car back to them. I live 400 miles from them so I would have to pay someone to deliver car back to them which would probably cost another £250.
Still not got the paperwork back from the DVLA which is worrying! They said they sent it off but nothing. I am also concerned that someone would have it in the country for 3 years and not register it.
What should I do? The car isnít that bad. Itís pretty much rust free shell wise.
I just feel cheated.
Help please.
They said you would be registered as the first owner and you would be. What grounds do you think you have for a refund? You were able to inspect the car so if it was in a satisfactory enough condition that you decided to buy it I don't see what has changed. You haven't been lied to or deceived, the car is in the condition you thought it would be so I don't see why you think you can expect a hassle-free refund.
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 22:43   #10
Smileymiley
User

Forget the refund if your happy with the car keep it.

See if you can get a good Will gesture from the dealer, if not move on we all slip up a bit known again yours hasn’t affected the car so shouldn’t worry ..
Old 16-11-2019, 23:37   #11
Raf
Senior User

As mentioned if the cars sound and you are happy with it then keep it. I got my TME imported but just been a lazy bugger and still not registered it myself and its been in the UK for 2 years at least..!!
Raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: