4g69 build. - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Engine / Turbo

Old 24-10-2020, 20:13   #1
evo5d
Senior User

Car: Evo 5 Tomei forged, Cage, Autronics,VolkSE-37's,Apexi,RS diff,Damd bumper,Varis kit,Ralliart
4g69 build.

I've a 4G69 87mm bore block with 100mm standard crank. Has anyone on here built one? Are parts readily available if I build it?
evo5d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-10-2020, 18:01   #2
TimC
Senior User

Car: Evo IX GT
My Car
There are two ways to look at this IMO from a bottom end point of view. A 4G69 is:

A 4G63 block with 100mm "stroker" crank and bored out to 87mm

or

A 4G64 bottom end but with 6mm shorter deck height and 150mm rods

Its kind of the worst of both aspects as you have narrower cylinder walls due to 87mm bore (weaker) and don't have the extra deck height so its a bit pointless really..
The Following User Says Thank You to TimC For This Useful Post:
evo5d (25-10-2020)
Old 25-10-2020, 18:12   #3
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
it is also more "open" on top deck and has the lightest 100 mm crank. There was a build on evom. With 87 mm bore i think boring is out of the question... Might be a interesting way to a cheap 2.3 for those that are not too power hungry.. although there are better cheap block options out there..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-10-2020, 22:35   #4
evo5d
Senior User

Car: Evo 5 Tomei forged, Cage, Autronics,VolkSE-37's,Apexi,RS diff,Damd bumper,Varis kit,Ralliart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiturbo View Post
it is also more "open" on top deck and has the lightest 100 mm crank. There was a build on evom. With 87 mm bore i think boring is out of the question... Might be a interesting way to a cheap 2.3 for those that are not too power hungry.. although there are better cheap block options out there..
This was very cheap. What other block options are there other than 63 or 64? It's supposed to be a cheap build so I will try anything really
Old 25-10-2020, 22:44   #5
Mita
Senior User

No such thing as a cheap build
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Pushpex (28-10-2020)
Old 25-10-2020, 23:00   #6
evo5d
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
No such thing as a cheap build
I knew that would be the first response It's nice to think of them that way at the beginning, and then just forget what they cost as the build continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to evo5d For This Useful Post:
Mita (26-10-2020)
Old 26-10-2020, 07:38   #7
kikiturbo
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo5d View Post
This was very cheap. What other block options are there other than 63 or 64? It's supposed to be a cheap build so I will try anything really
if you want cheap 2.3 then yes, g69 or g64. Other options are not so affordable..

Old 26-10-2020, 12:11   #8
Mita
Senior User

Iíve been told numerous times, think of a price and double it

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo5d View Post
I knew that would be the first response It's nice to think of them that way at the beginning, and then just forget what they cost as the build continues.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 13:43   #9
richyx
Senior User

the 4g64 block was also used in other makes of car not just mitsubishi

you just have to keep searching for one, they will be cheap enough if you find someone breaking the car they came out of

richyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 13:58   #10
leeslancer8
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 260 - EVO 7 RSII - EVO 8 FQ320 MR - EVO 4 GSR
It would be nice to know what was considered a reasonable price nowadays for a decent spec’d engine. I had a 2.3 built years ago by a reputable tuner and was pretty dear but great quality and that was using a new oem crank. And me suppling a full 8 long engine
leeslancer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 17:34   #11
kikiturbo
Senior User

My Car
I bought a complete g64 for 150 eur. A complete outlander g63 dohc NA engine, which is a nice bassis for converting to evo 8 engine (with aftermarket crank and some headwork) is about 700 to 1000....
g69 was used in some citroens, like ccrosser, but those are hard to find in petrol version.. LOL

Last edited by kikiturbo; 26-10-2020 at 17:35..
Old 26-10-2020, 17:38   #12
kikiturbo
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Iíve been told numerous times, think of a price and double it
I recently finished a engine forge and complete body strip and overhaul on a friends 9, with numerous mods... As that project dragged on, I never made a sum of all costs, nor did I put the price on my labour.... However, I recently had to do so because someone asked how much it would cost on his car, and frankly speaking I was shocked.. hahahaha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikiturbo For This Useful Post:
evo5d (26-10-2020), Mita (26-10-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: