Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400: the fastest and most extreme ever released - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 03-06-2009, 09:55   #1
junglebrother

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X FQ-400: the fastest and most extreme ever released

The S-AWC system combines a number of electronic systems that both enhance the FQ-400’s performance and safety, with Active Stability Control and Active Centre Differential, Active Yaw Control and Sport ABS giving the FQ-400 incredible cornering ability, traction and grip. Depending on the conditions the driver can select the most suitable set-up for the S-AWC system, three choices – Tarmac, Gravel and Snow – being offered via the wheel-mounted button and displayed in the central instrument binnacle.

Read more...

Mod comment: Pics removed, please resize them!

There is a lot of cool pictures, I found my new desktop there

Really Scary car!

Last edited by junglebrother; 03-06-2009 at 11:41.. Reason: picture re-size
junglebrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to junglebrother For This Useful Post:
palti (13-02-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 11:37   #2
junglebrother

Sorry for the pictures, I forgot that the forum wont re-size them.

However, you can check them inside the article.

p.s. I found a way to post the smaller pictures, thanks

Last edited by junglebrother; 03-06-2009 at 11:41..
Old 03-06-2009, 14:50   #3
Evo_Cheeks

Car: EVO VIII MR-FQ 340
My Car
At 50 grand it's overpriced, but that will still be one awesome car!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Evo_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 15:01   #4
badbull73

Where can i buy that hood??????
badbull73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 15:31   #5
junglebrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Cheeks View Post
At 50 grand it's overpriced, but that will still be one awesome car!
Maybe a little, there is other very good sports cars at this price.

But the THRILL, I believe that the thrill will be amazing
Old 03-06-2009, 16:18   #6
Evo_Cheeks

Car: EVO VIII MR-FQ 340
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebrother View Post
Maybe a little, there is other very good sports cars at this price.

But the THRILL, I believe that the thrill will be amazing
Exactly, it's the THRILL we've got Evos for in the first place after all!

Agree that there are obviously some other awesome machines out there for that price too though, GTR anyone!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Evo_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 17:29   #7
rossE

Car: EVO IX 360 MR
So this baby goes from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and has a top speed of 155mph? It's not exactly slow but then again the IX 360 has a 0-60 of 3.9 seconds and the same top speed.

It kinda begs the question as to what exactly the extra 40bhp and 15k is being used for? Seems to me like not v much!
rossE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30   #8
DaveG
Administrator

Car: Evo 6 TME & Evo 9 GT Wagon
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossE View Post
So this baby goes from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and has a top speed of 155mph? It's not exactly slow but then again the IX 360 has a 0-60 of 3.9 seconds and the same top speed.

It kinda begs the question as to what exactly the extra 40bhp and 15k is being used for? Seems to me like not v much!
When you look at the detail, there are actually a lot differences between an FQ360 and FQ400 although there is still a question of value. The FQ400 has different wheels, brakes (expensive all round Alcon kit), springs, tyres, turbo, exhaust and interior plus the different custom body kit of bumpers, bonnet and skirts. No doubt some owners will be prepared to pay more for the FQ400 badge too.

That's £10k over the 360, not £15k. The brakes are over £3k to start, plus I'd imagine the body kit will be a horrendous price. Tyres (Toyo R1R) are best part of £1k, plus probably more for the wheels. Modifying the turbo, plus exhaust and remapping wouldn't be cheap either. I don't see that the price difference compared to the FQ360 is too excessive. It just seems a lot compared to other cars.

As a limited edition and celebratory model, Mitsubishi are only going to sell this in very limited numbers and probably not make any real money on it. Therefore it serves as little more than a PR tool for the rest of the range and a high price tag is part of that.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:37   #9
youngsyr

Car: Evo VIII FQ 330 Sold, now in a BMW M3 (V8)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossE View Post

When you look at the detail, there are actually a lot differences between an FQ360 and FQ400 although there is still a question of value. The FQ400 has different wheels, brakes (expensive all round Alcon kit), springs, tyres, turbo, exhaust and interior plus the different custom body kit of bumpers, bonnet and skirts. No doubt some owners will be prepared to pay more for the FQ400 badge too.

That's £10k over the 360, not £15k. The brakes are over £3k to start, plus I'd imagine the body kit will be a horrendous price. Tyres (Toyo R1R) are best part of £1k, plus probably more for the wheels. Modifying the turbo, plus exhaust and remapping wouldn't be cheap either. I don't see that the price difference compared to the FQ360 is too excessive. It just seems a lot compared to other cars.

As a limited edition and celebratory model, Mitsubishi are only going to sell this in very limited numbers and probably not make any real money on it. Therefore it serves as little more than a PR tool for the rest of the range and a high price tag is part of that.
I find that it hard to believe that at a premium of around £25K over what they must buy these cars in at they're not going to make a profit with only fitting the above - even if they only sell a handful.

The VIII MR FQ-400 was sold at only £15Kish above the base model and that had an aftermarket ECU, bespoke turbo and manifold, upgraded clutch and fully forged engine on top of what the new FQ-400 has. Granted they sold considerably more of the VIII FQ-400 than they're ever likely to sell of this one though.
youngsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40   #10
DaveG
Administrator

My Car
I didn't say a profit, I said any real money for a company that already turns over millions and millions particularly if you consider the time and effort that has gone into developing the FQ400.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55   #11
badbull73

Is there any change that i can buy some exterior parts like they are one the FQ-400, bonnet and front bumper for instance.
I really like them.
badbull73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59   #12
DaveG
Administrator

My Car
Well I'm sure they will be given a Mitsubishi part number, but you might need an FQ400 chassis code to order them from a dealer.

I dread to think of the price, plus painting and fitting
Old 04-06-2009, 08:02   #13
youngsyr

My Car
Quote:
I didn't say a profit, I said any real money for a company that already turns over millions and millions particularly is you consider the time and effort that has gone into developing the FQ400.
Did you edit your post?

Either I'm losing my mind or it's changed since I hit the quote button. I'm sure it originally said "any really money" for a start, but I quoted you 7 minutes after you posted and there's no edited tag on your one?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03   #14
youngsyr

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbull73 View Post
Is there any change that i can buy some exterior parts like they are one the FQ-400, bonnet and front bumper for instance.
I really like them.
Quote:
Well I'm sure they will be given a Mitsubishi part number, but you might need an FQ400 chassis code to order them from a dealer.

I dread to think of the price, plus painting and fitting
Aren't they just a body kit made by a third party, veilside or someone? If so you could got direct to the maker.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22   #15
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsyr View Post
I find that it hard to believe that at a premium of around £25K over what they must buy these cars in at they're not going to make a profit with only fitting the above - even if they only sell a handful.

The VIII MR FQ-400 was sold at only £15Kish above the base model and that had an aftermarket ECU, bespoke turbo and manifold, upgraded clutch and fully forged engine on top of what the new FQ-400 has. Granted they sold considerably more of the VIII FQ-400 than they're ever likely to sell of this one though.
I believe the new 400 has a different clutch too.
Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: