Ksport 365mm brake pad recommendations ? - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Brakes

Old 18-05-2019, 10:33   #1
kes205

Car: EVO VI GSR
My Car
Ksport 365mm brake pad recommendations ?

Hi all

My evo 6 with ksport 365mm brakes needs new pads and just wondered what people are recommending at the moment. It's a daily road car with no track time so annoying squealing is not required or dust that is going to ruin my wheels. I believe the current pads are blue stuff ndx (I didnt fit them ) which seem okish a bit wooden. I have had performance friction in my previous evo which had brembo calipers and they were ok. Just wondered if there is anything better out there for the ksport set up.

Cheers
kes205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-2019, 10:10   #2
ChrisWMRFQ-340
Junior User

Car: Evo VIII FQ-340 MR
Ferodo have always been a good choice for me but im about to try PBS (performance brake solutions) for mine. seem to have good ratings. I use mine on track tho tbf
ChrisWMRFQ-340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 10:33   #3
kes205

My Car
Cheers for the recommendation, I was looking at Ferrodo DS2500 as my mate has them on his car and really likes them. I have to admit I never heard of PBS I will have to investigate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-2019, 11:55   #4
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X 300 SST
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kes205 View Post
Cheers for the recommendation, I was looking at Ferrodo DS2500 as my mate has them on his car and really likes them. I have to admit I never heard of PBS I will have to investigate.
If the EBC pads are feeling wooden then expect the same from DS2500s.

I personally have reservations about the performance of the K Sports eg when compared to something like AP, or even to the OE Brembos, but that notwithstanding, my favourite brake pads (for the road) of all time have been Project Mu HC+. But they're not cheap.
Old 22-05-2019, 19:58   #5
vinyard

Car: 2 Evo's gone, now C63 estate and R1
Had ds2500ís on my ksport setup and didnt get on with them at all. Nearly as bad as the original ksport pad
vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 21:50   #6
Dabsy
Senior User

Car: Evo 6RS gone, Evo 7 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
If the EBC pads are feeling wooden then expect the same from DS2500s.

I personally have reservations about the performance of the K Sports eg when compared to something like AP, or even to the OE Brembos, but that notwithstanding, my favourite brake pads (for the road) of all time have been Project Mu HC+. But they're not cheap.
Iím pretty sure Iíve got Project Mu on my recently imported evo 7rs, itís on bembos and will be doing a track evening at donington next Tuesday so can let you know how I get on with them in track. They are silent on the road with excellent cold and fast road manners.
Dabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 07:43   #7
kes205

My Car
well sounds like ds2500 may not be the greatest choice if people are having issues when using the ksport caliper. I am starting to think maybe just get PFC z rated pads as I know they are ok.
Old 23-05-2019, 09:03   #8
thetyrant
Senior User

Car: BMW 130i & ST185 GT4 RC - Previously: Evo9-FQ360, Evo5-RS + 2 x Evo2's, all gone but not forgotten.
My Car
If its just road/fastroad use then PF-Z should be fine performance wise and road manners etc as that is what they are designed for

When i bought my old Evo9 which had same Ksport kit as you have it came with ferodo ds2500 fitted and they worked ok to be fair, not the most confidence inspiring but im used to much sharper feeling track pads but they were not as bad as i thought they would be, no doubt large brake kit helped with this, although i did remove and sell ksport kit not long after purchasing the car to fit OE brembos back on with Carbotech XP pads which is which my preferred option and it all felt a lot nicer to me, but of course more dust/noise etc as you would expect from track spec pads.

HTH
thetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 17:55   #9
darrenevo123
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetyrant View Post
If its just road/fastroad use then PF-Z should be fine performance wise and road manners etc as that is what they are designed for

When i bought my old Evo9 which had same Ksport kit as you have it came with ferodo ds2500 fitted and they worked ok to be fair, not the most confidence inspiring but im used to much sharper feeling track pads but they were not as bad as i thought they would be, no doubt large brake kit helped with this, although i did remove and sell ksport kit not long after purchasing the car to fit OE brembos back on with Carbotech XP pads which is which my preferred option and it all felt a lot nicer to me, but of course more dust/noise etc as you would expect from track spec pads.

HTH
Can't recommend these pads highly enough use them on my 5 daily (when it's not having rust replaced) and Ian is a great guy to deal with.Great pads and no squealing.
darrenevo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: