Sussed it - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 12-04-2014, 21:31   #1

Car: Yogic Flying
My Car
Sussed it

I've realised what the gay deal is all about.

I don't know if you've ever noticed it; maybe you haven't noticed it, but to me, there seems like this hard sell when it comes to 'gayness' in general. For myself, I couldn't care less what sexual orintation you have. It's your life, you're existence, and whatever floats your boat within acceptable behaviour in legal realms is fair play, fill ya boots, go for it. But...

I've realised why being 'gay' is pushed so hard -- excuse the unintentional double entendre -- within the sphere of the world of mass media - it's to appeal to the widest audience as possible... Ta da!!! :mass groan:

When you think about it, it's patently clear. Deep down, I think it's a 'natuatual understanding' that we're all aware of in a subliminal/subconscious form that we're being pushed to accept that being gay is 'normal' and that by pushing such an 'agenda' it normalises our thinking to whatever propaganda is pushed our way, and in the majority of cases that propaganda is to our detriment, and on the whole it's a push to accept mass media propaganda of everything is 'brilliant', 'shut up' and 'don't worry'.

People like that Daley fella, you know, the diver; when you listen to him, he really has nothing to offer the normal Joe like you and me. Everything that Daley ever says is brilliant, yay! Well, after just casual inspection and a second glance alalsis, everything is far from ok, in-fact it's pretty f**ked on the whole if you're really honest and put aside any party political associations/affiliations or assertions.

The message:

Whenever I watch a mainstream T.V programmes, all I see/ read is the message of insipid banality -- X Factor, Britains Got Tallent, Strickly Come Dancing-- spewed forth by 'a' sexual larger than life/ gay beings which I've got zero connection with. The people that I conncet with have something positive to offer which advances the human experience.

Quote:

"That's all I have to say about that"

Forest Gump.

105170 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 105170 For This Useful Post:
will2 (12-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 21:51   #2
mad4itboyo

Car: white time attack e7 & white R35
here's one to think about tony.

recently heard about the rise in steroid use due to media pushing itss cool to bulk etc .

why you ask , maybe as more people use them the more people get the side effects like liver damage etc .then you need meds etc to combat the roid effects .

its a roundabout money making for the government without you know it ?

just a thought i had when i heard about the sudden in crease an media attention too "looking good"
Old 12-04-2014, 22:14   #3

Car: Yogic Flying
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4itboyo View Post
here's one to think about tony.

recently heard about the rise in steroid use due to media pushing itss cool to bulk etc .

why you ask , maybe as more people use them the more people get the side effects like liver damage etc .then you need meds etc to combat the roid effects .

its a roundabout money making for the government without you know it ?

just a thought i had when i heard about the sudden in crease an media attention too "looking good"
Maybe the thing behind it all is to be this particular 'type', an 'image' that we're all being pushed towards. If you just take a quick glance at male magazines on the rack, or woman's mags, there's a certain 'look' and a 'shape' that's splashed all across the place. Little bit by little bit we'll all look the same if we followed suit to what we're led to believeto be is the 'norm', acceptable and palatable. Bloody freak show!

On the roid tip for a bit: I was sitting next to some scaffolders on a site I'm working at that were talking g about taking them, and injecting themselves in the arse. Stupid sods one of the blokes talking was going on about having to serve a 2 year suspended sentence for glassing someone. Hmm, wonder if the gorilla roids had anything to do with it...

105170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 22:27   #4
mad4itboyo

Car: white time attack e7 & white R35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Maybe the thing behind it all is to be this particular 'type', an 'image' that we're all being pushed towards. If you just take a quick glance at male magazines on the rack, or woman's mags, there's a certain 'look' and a 'shape' that's splashed all across the place. Little bit by little bit we'll all look the same if we followed suit to what we're led to believeto be is the 'norm', acceptable and palatable. Bloody freak show!

On the roid tip for a bit: I was sitting next to some scaffolders on a site I'm working at that were talking g about taking them, and injecting themselves in the arse. Stupid sods one of the blokes talking was going on about having to serve a 2 year suspended sentence for glassing someone. Hmm, wonder if the gorilla roids had anything to do with it...

yes roid rage is deffo part of it thing is if you trained an ate well you wouldnt need them so there for lazy sod's
Old 13-04-2014, 22:44   #5
Aidy
Senior User

Car: Yellow EVO X
My Car
Quote:
I've realised what the gay deal is all about.
Yes, I quite agree. The Tom Daley effect is quite an obvious one to think about. Before he revealed he was gay he was just a diver (not of the muff variety, obviously) but since coming out he is now a media darling, an exceptional man who deserves all manner of opportunities and vehicles. I guess it's to be expected as the "media" and "entertainment" tend to attract a higher than average proportion of homosexuals, so it's natural they want to promote their own?

But this is the issue. The number of gays in the media industry is non-representative of the global population, yet they want to promote homosexuality as if the proportion in their own industry was indicative of the population in general.

Look at shows like "Secret Eaters", "Hotel of Mum and Dad", "Dinner Date", "Location Location Location" etc, they all now fall over themselves to feature shows that involve same-sex couples, effectively pushing same-sex relationships as "normal" where they've previously been given only edge attention.

I'm with you in as much as I don't care what you are and what you do, and I certainly don't think homosexuality should be ignored in the media, but I do think it is worrying to the extent that homosexuality is promoted as "normal" buy a media that has a higher-than-normal proportion of gay workers.

Quote:
:mass groan:
Like in the altar boy's room of a Catholic church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4itboyo View Post
yes roid rage is deffo part of it thing is if you trained an ate well you wouldnt need them so there for lazy sod's
Not really, no.
Aidy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aidy For This Useful Post:
will2 (14-04-2014)
Old 14-04-2014, 12:54   #6
Beemer_Deano

Location: Yorkshire man, born 'n bred, strong in't arm un thick in't 'ead.
Car: Standardish Evo IV. I'd say it's blue, but according to our lass it's Barney Purple?
While I agree with some of what's been said, I think you're mistaken about Tom Daley. He was already a "media darling" long before he came out, along with other successful Olympic athletes like Chris Hoy and Jessica Ennis. Personally I think all the exposure given to those like the above who can act as positive role-models that have actually achieved something is to be applauded, and a definite step up from filling our screens with the likes of Jordan or Joey Essex.

He's a skilled athlete, personable, and (apparently) easy on the eye, so is it really so surprising he'd be popular? It should maybe be more surprising that he remained so after he came out (though maybe he hedged his bets by saying he was bisexual), and no doubt his sexuality means he ticks even more boxes. Unlike a lot of "out" celebs he seems to have resisted the urge to start camping it up or have to be "in your face" about it, so fair play to the lad.

As to the wider issue, I think it's difficult when so many programs need to try to reflect reality, and since the reality is that many people will know someone who is homosexual, that results in a lot of gay people on screen. Then there's the longstanding British love of camp to take into account.

Deano

Last edited by Beemer_Deano; 14-04-2014 at 13:03..
Beemer_Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 13:47   #7
DarkFlare

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
Yes, I quite agree. The Tom Daley effect is quite an obvious one to think about. Before he revealed he was gay he was just a diver (not of the muff variety, obviously) but since coming out he is now a media darling, an exceptional man who deserves all manner of opportunities and vehicles. I guess it's to be expected as the "media" and "entertainment" tend to attract a higher than average proportion of homosexuals, so it's natural they want to promote their own?

But this is the issue. The number of gays in the media industry is non-representative of the global population, yet they want to promote homosexuality as if the proportion in their own industry was indicative of the population in general.

Look at shows like "Secret Eaters", "Hotel of Mum and Dad", "Dinner Date", "Location Location Location" etc, they all now fall over themselves to feature shows that involve same-sex couples, effectively pushing same-sex relationships as "normal" where they've previously been given only edge attention.

I'm with you in as much as I don't care what you are and what you do, and I certainly don't think homosexuality should be ignored in the media, but I do think it is worrying to the extent that homosexuality is promoted as "normal" buy a media that has a higher-than-normal proportion of gay workers.

Like in the altar boy's room of a Catholic church?

Not really, no.
Why do you keep putting normal in quotation marks? Being gay is perfectly normal. As is being straight. What's the problem? I certainly don't see an over portrayal of pro-gay propaganda in the media. Maybe you're watching crappier shows than me, though.
DarkFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkFlare For This Useful Post:
Beemer_Deano (14-04-2014)
Old 14-04-2014, 15:02   #8
New Reg

Car: McLaren 12c
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFlare View Post
Why do you keep putting normal in quotation marks? Being gay is perfectly normal.
No, it isn't. It is now widely accepted behaviour but it is not normal in the strictest sense of the word.
Old 14-04-2014, 15:10   #9
DarkFlare

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Reg View Post
No, it isn't. It is now widely accepted behaviour but it is not normal in the strictest sense of the word.
The animal kingdom would disagree with you.

"As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors."
Old 14-04-2014, 15:21   #10
New Reg

My Car
Quote:
The animal kingdom would disagree with you.

"As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors."
As a percentage, that is tiny as scientists reckon there are around 8.7 million different species. So your point proves what? That a small number of species are capable of that behaviour. A percentage so small that it could not possibly qualify as normal. Just as a small percentage of humans are also capable of that behaviour - statistics show that just over 1.0% of the population claim themselves to be gay or lesbian.

So no, not normal in the strictest sense of the word. Remember, the media can try and tell you all kinds of things but numbers don't lie.
Old 14-04-2014, 15:37   #11
wolfy
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer_Deano View Post

As to the wider issue, I think it's difficult when so many programs need to try to reflect reality, and since the reality is that many people will know someone who is homosexual, that results in a lot of gay people on screen.
Deano
Maybe it's a Southern thing.

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA

Last edited by mechell; 14-04-2014 at 18:03.. Reason: no need for that.
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfy For This Useful Post:
mad4itboyo (14-04-2014), will2 (14-04-2014)
Old 14-04-2014, 15:42   #12
DarkFlare

My Car
Quote:
As a percentage, that is tiny as scientists reckon there are around 8.7 million different species. So your point proves what? That a small number of species are capable of that behaviour. A percentage so small that it could not possibly qualify as normal. Just as a small percentage of humans are also capable of that behaviour - statistics show that just over 1.0% of the population claim themselves to be gay or lesbian.

So no, not normal in the strictest sense of the word. Remember, the media can try and tell you all kinds of things but numbers don't lie.
We've been looking for species for a lot longer than the 15 years that we've been observing SOME of them to see if they exhibit homosexual behaviour. So of course we've found more species than we have found homosexual behaviour in. I would put strong money on the number of species which exhibit homosexual behaviour being a lot lot higher than what we've discovered so far in the tiny amount of time we've been studying it.

What on earth do you mean "capable" of "that behaviour"? You realise sexuality isn't a choice, right?
Old 14-04-2014, 16:13   #13
New Reg

My Car
Quote:
We've been looking for species for a lot longer than the 15 years that we've been observing SOME of them to see if they exhibit homosexual behaviour. So of course we've found more species than we have found homosexual behaviour in. I would put strong money on the number of species which exhibit homosexual behaviour being a lot lot higher than what we've discovered so far in the tiny amount of time we've been studying it.

What on earth do you mean "capable" of "that behaviour"? You realise sexuality isn't a choice, right?
Right. Not sure where you are trying to divert this discussion. You said homosexuality was normal. I disputed that and used figures to back it up. The percentage of animals and humans that are homosexual (if you prefer that way of putting it) is tiny in comparison to those that are not. Therefore it cannot be classified as normal. That is the only point I was trying to make.
will2 (14-04-2014)
Old 14-04-2014, 16:30   #14
DarkFlare

My Car
Quote:
Right. Not sure where you are trying to divert this discussion. You said homosexuality was normal. I disputed that and used figures to back it up. The percentage of animals and humans that are homosexual (if you prefer that way of putting it) is tiny in comparison to those that are not. Therefore it cannot be classified as normal. That is the only point I was trying to make.
That's a pretty flawed definition of normal. Roughly 1.25% of the world is English - does that make being an English person not normal?
Old 14-04-2014, 16:59   #15
Beemer_Deano

Location: Yorkshire man, born 'n bred, strong in't arm un thick in't 'ead.
Car: Standardish Evo IV. I'd say it's blue, but according to our lass it's Barney Purple?
I thought "normal" was being used in the context of "the majority", not to say that being gay made someone abnormal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Maybe it's a Southern thing.
"Many people", not "everyone" There's lots of 'em up your way (f'narr f'narr).

Deano

Last edited by Beemer_Deano; 14-04-2014 at 17:01..
Beemer_Deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: