Canadian CNnineA - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Old 13-01-2019, 13:45   #1
Kylehugo

Car: Evo IV
Canadian CNnineA

Good afternoon / morning / sera / whatever MLR.

My name is Kyle, and because I make bad life choices, I bought this:

Untitled by Kyle Hugo, on Flickr

It is a 1997 Evo 4 GSR, however it has an RS Motor and transmission because one of it's many previous owners blew it up because #hrsprs. The car is mostly stock from what I understand, other than Evo 5 Brembos, an Evo 5 rear wing, walboro 255, Evo 6 struts, an HKS exhaust, and some wheels that look like Evo 6 OZ wheels but are definitely not. My plans for it currently are to fix and mend several things, but mostly focus on driving it.

I am from Calgary, Canada, Which is currently where the car is. However, I am an exchange student currently living in Torino, Italy. As a results, updates are going to be somewhat rare for now.

Old 13-01-2019, 13:58   #2
Kylehugo

Holdiay update time, as I was back home in Canada and got to see the car.

First thing to do after it sitting was replacing the battery, which it unfortunately killed . Follwed that with some basic maintenance including an oil change with an HKS filter. I love the fact that there is no need to crawl underneath these cars for an oil change.

From there, a new set of kicks were acquired, OZ wheels off of an Evo 6:

The original OZ wheels it came with were not actually evo OZ wheels, and has such, they were to positive an offset to clear the evo 6 front calipers without a spacer. When I got the car, only the front wheels had a 25mm spacer on them, which made it look a little off.

From there, I spent a little time cleaning the (hopefully not literally) living **** out of it:

After this wash it started running terribly, but thankfully that magically fixed itself, so I'll just count that as a blessing for now.

Promptly after that, It went and died, on a bloody date of all flawless timing #lifestory

It turned out to be an easy fix, as the serpentine belt just let go. After eventually finding one that fit, it was back up and running fine. However, after inspecting my tensioner, I think I should be on the lookout for another one as it looks somewhat haggered.

At the end of the day, It was great to be back in Canada with this crate. I can't believe how well it devours pavement, and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Evo_Library_1 by Kyle Hugo, on Flickr
Old 30-12-2019, 00:37   #3
Kylehugo

I'm back for my hopefully now more than yearly update post on my iv. I've finally started settling down so hopefully this crate will see a bit (probably) more attention coming up.

IMG_20191219_193313 by Kyle Hugo, on Flickr

I originally wanted to get a koyorad one, however that required upgrading to an Evo viii fan, which I could not be bothered to do.

Next on the list was to fix my wastegate actuator that had rusted itself open, as again, some tool left the car under a tree for a year. I opted for a turbosmart IGW75, which was fortunately far less crusty than the original unit:

WGA EvoIV by Kyle Hugo, on Flickr

That's all I have for now, the next major mod for this heap will be picking up a daily driver / winter beater as an Evo is an atrocious daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-12-2019, 09:57   #4
M3 ROB
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 TME,
Looking good mate, keep the updates coming
M3 ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread