Madmac Motorsport's Twincharged Evo 5 - Page 158 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Engine / Turbo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.24 average. Display Modes
Old 17-04-2019, 05:29   #2356
TimC
Senior User

Car: Evo IX GT
My Car
How much front castor do you run?

I know you altered your front roll centre but did you manage to get much out the rear too?
Advertisement

Old 17-04-2019, 07:50   #2357
Madmac
Twincharger Guru

Car: Evo 5 850hp Hillclimb twincharger & Manual Legnum VR4 Type S
My Car
Front castor is a couple of degrees more than standard. Front roll centre is corrected as is bump steer, all done through the tubular subframe.

Rear is standard geometry which hasn't given any issues with the front geometry change.
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 09:19   #2358
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, E91 325D Ohlins/M3 bushes, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
Car looks awesome Donald, sounds like a shotgun going off every gear change, no wonder it did some damage!

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 17:42   #2359
GUM EVO
Senior User

Car: 2008 EVO X & 2008 EVO IX
My Car
Awesome stuff as usual what a car you've been developing over these years... great to see someone who does most things themselves... seriously cool

2011 CLASS A MLRSS WINNER
GUM EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 16:08   #2360
Madmac
Twincharger Guru

Car: Evo 5 850hp Hillclimb twincharger & Manual Legnum VR4 Type S
My Car
Update,

After Doune I noticed some white smoke from the exhaust, not all the time but only when I started it from hot. Investigation found a hairline crack in the head casting in an exhaust port allowing coolant into the turbo so I took the head off and have now scrapped it. It's been repaired 3 times now. The plan is to get a new head casting and get the car onto Ricky's new dyno in November to spend some time refining the setup.

I haven't had much time this year to take the car out due to other commitments but I hope next year i'll be able to commit to the Scottish Championship and get a few trips down south to Loton park, Prescott, Shelsley Walsh and Harewood hills as well

The car is more or less where I wanted it to be when I started the Twincharger project. I just need to get out there and learn/use it! It's like an on/off switch on wheels

In hindsight, the Extremes I used this year. although very good tyres, aren't able to put the power down. I'm hoping there will be more choice that just the Avons for next spring
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Madmac For This Useful Post:
dreMR (13-09-2019), evo5d (13-09-2019), GUM EVO (13-09-2019), leeslancer8 (13-09-2019), Mr Ralliart (14-09-2019), na208 (17-09-2019), RichW (14-09-2019)
Old 13-09-2019, 19:21   #2361
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Thanks for the update Donald, great to hear Tiddles will be getting some use next year. Hopefully Iíll be able to see you at Harewood
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Dick For This Useful Post:
Madmac (17-09-2019)
Old 17-09-2019, 14:52   #2362
sknevolution

Car: MoTeC 2.4 4G64 Block Stroker GT35R AMS VSR RS Diffs AP's RS box - Self built and Mapped.
My Car
Wow Donald, still at it

Is that my old Evo 6 shell that you came to collect all those years ago?

Evo looking awesome, hats off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: