Lancer Register Forum banner

Mitsubishi shogun lwb d.i.d 3.2 warrior

5K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  gordonm 
#1 · (Edited)
As title, I have for sale my long wheelbase 3.2 diesel shogun.

I have owned the shogun for just under a year, fantastic vehicle, go anywhere capability, fantastic family car or a capable workhorse/tow vehicle.

It's ginormous inside with the seats down, though with them up it's rear loadspace is still huge.
The warrior model meant all the toys as standard ( bar sat nav ) so full leather interior, including the 2 extra seats under the rear load area, which gives 7 seats in total should you need to carry more people.
The front 2 seats are fully electric in every direction, and heated also.
The stereo is the standard item , but sound is superb, it has a 10 disc auto changer , factory fitted also.
The 4 wd is switchable , from 2 wheel drive ( rear) to 4 , to 4 high then 4 low with centre diff active.
All the above functions can be changed on the move, and all work correctly first time, unlike a lot which either don't work, or work occasionally.
It also has rear seat heater controls so passengers can choose their own comfort level.
Cruise control is fitted, and functioning.
Tow bar and electrics fitted too, though I have never towed with it.

It is a UK Warrior model, in pearl black, mot till, taxed it for 6 months only last week, (£170 for 6 months ) ,only 79,000 miles.
I bought it with 73,000 miles on it nearly a year ago, the oil and filter were changed by myself then, so don't need doing for a good while yet.

I also fitted new front and rear discs and pads, and also 2 new rear callipers, as they are prone to seizing when a bit tired.

The vehicle is in great condition inside, and very clean throughout, though there are random marks/scratches in the rear load area but nothing nasty.
The outside is also tidy, though definitely not mint.
There are a few scratches here and there, from I guess , people driving too close to hedges on narrow roads etc,chips on running boards from people heels etc, there are no dings or dents on the body at all, other an a small bullseye dent at the very top of the bonnet near the scuttle panel where a stone was flicked up from the car in front.
It has had a bit of paint, driver side rear quarter, and front pass door, all done to a decent standard, and had I not mentioned it, it would have gone unnoticed.
The warrior model normally runs on 18" wheels with huge 285 width tyres on.
I hated the ride of them though , as they banged and slapped over suface imperfections and tramlined like nobodys business.
So, I sourced a full set of 5 genuine mitsi 16" wheels and had them powdered in gunmetal to contrast the black, and because I think they look quite rude:), then had a full set of General Grabber AT2 tyres fitted, 265/70/16 and it transformed the ride , and I personally think the big tyre look suits it much better than big rim, low profile tyres.
They are perfectly acceptable road tyres, and one of the best off road options also, and make the shogun pretty much un stoppable in most conditions.

The wheels/tyres cost me just over a £1000 all in , and they have done around 1500 miles and have at least another 30,000 left in them.
I also had the sump guard powdered in the same Gunmetal colour as the wheels, which you can just make out in the first pic, just below the reg plate.

So the first price includes them in the sale , the second price , is with the standard warrior wheels refitted, which have Avon M+S 285 tyres fitted all with about 6mm of tread on them,ough the spare wheel that was fitted to the tailgate has a more obviously worn yoko tyre on , and the rim has a visible flatspot ( no doubt due to the stupidly huge tyres lack of sidewalk height) but would no doubt straighten if need be.
Being honest they could all do with a refurb as the usual micron thick Jap paint has meant they all suffer from corrosion.
The vehicle is absolutely spot on and has never caused me any issues at all, and with the new brakes, the tyres, the tax etc, it is ready to drive with no money to spend at all.
It is comfy, it is huge , it's also reasonably rapid, and hugely torquey, not too bad at all on fuel, ( way better than the disco 3 I had before it)

The reason for sale is that having set my own business up in my home town last august, i now bike to work, and work 6 days a week, so quite literally do not use it .
I don't do more than 80 miles a month in it, whereas previously I was doing 1500 a month!!
So to coin a few cliches , I don't need to sell it, and to be honest I won't be overly bothered if I don't, as having spent day cleaning it for the photos, I did wonder numerous times why am I selling it, it's ace!!

Anyway, price with the Gunmetal wheels and Grabber tyres is £7250.
Alternatively with the original Warrior 18's on it is £6800.
The price is a fair and realistic price, and is what i want , rather than a optimistically high one that has movement "built" into it.
No part ex thanks.
I am just outside York, and can be contacted via pm by any interested party.
Thanks, Nick
(PLEASE NOTE, THE PLATE WILL BE REMOVED PRIOR TO SALE,it will then revert back to a 54 plate.)

INTERIOR SHOTS

EXTERIOR SHOTS

ORIGINAL WHEELS

Car no longer for sale , though the Original Warrior wheels/tyres are for sale on another thread, job lot at £200 , collection only.

See less See more
#13 ·
Thanks very much:smthumbup
Though I think it may be a bit optimistic expecting her to clean it, after all , being the female of the household means that they can automatically neglect them , on the basis that you , being male ,are the car cleaner:wallbang:

If it does go with the 16's on then the 18's will be for sale at a good price, will update the thread if anything changes.
Cheers..

#22 · (Edited)
I have this back up , ( well I do as of tonight )

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...ghlight=Shogun

Thhe price is now,

£7500 with Gunmetal wheels/Grabbers

£7000 with 18" warrior wheels.

Now before anyone says, " that is more money than last time "

It now has 83000 miles on it, it showed 79000 previously, so has done around 4000 miles in over a year!

Here is why....

Less than 400 miles ago , I had fitted ( brand new , bought from TBR4x4)
OME ( Old man Emu) suspension, this consists of Struts and springs, the overall effect is a huge improvement over standard ride, and offroad capability, and also a 40 mm lift in height.
Much better ground clearance and improved ride quality generally , under braking , cornering and obviously taking impacts off road in it's stride.
OME are arguably one of the best options,(along with Bilstein/lovells ) based on feedback and reports on the Australian shogun forums , where they use their vehicles to extremes, and daily.

The cost of the suspension was just shy of £1000.

At the same time and from TBR again I fitted some Hoffman + 30 hub centric wheel spacers ( German made, quality items)
£300
These really make the stance just right, as in standard form the wheels sit obviously in the arches and make it look a bit odd and top heavy.

3 weeks ago I had a new Thatcham cat1 alarm fitted, as the standard Mitsubishi Cobra unit got on my tits as the arming range was s hite and you had to stand right next to it to lock/unlock.
£260
I serviced it around 1500 miles ago before a trip to Aberdeen in march, all new engine oil ( all 9 litres ,) and filter, also fitted a K&N panel filter
Another £110
At the last mot in September it had two new front callipers and e brake lines front to back replaced ( big job, fuel tank dropped , bash plates etc)
£600

I have also had the front grill painted gloss black , and changed the headlights to remove the hideous chrome details that are standard on the Warrior model.

So in total it has had £2270 spent on it since last time, the majority of at less an 400 miles old.

Similar models with no additions and more miles are always for sale , anywhere from £6500 - £8000 , which makes mine a genuine bargain for someone, as it will do any offroad thrown at it, then double up as a superb family bus, ( it took the 1000 mile round trip to Aberdeen in 2 days in it's stride , and its occupants in comfort.

I can add up to date pics if anyone is interested.
Cheers Nick.

Edit to add , the suspension upgrades make this the perfect towing vehicle as the updated springs and dampers will eliminate the normal sag and stop it dragging its arse when hitched up to a trailor , ride will be much improved also , when loaded up with tools/spares/wheels etc.

#23 · (Edited)
I have this back up , ( well I do as of tonight )

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...ghlight=Shogun

Thhe price is now,

£7500 with Gunmetal wheels/Grabbers

£7000 with 18" warrior wheels.

Now before anyone says, " that is more money than last time "

It now has 83000 miles on it, it showed 79000 previously, so has done around 4000 miles in over a year!

Here is why....

Less than 400 miles ago , I had fitted ( brand new , bought from TBR4x4)
OME ( Old man Emu) suspension, this consists of Struts and springs, the overall effect is a huge improvement over standard ride, and offroad capability, and also a 40 mm lift in height.
Much better ground clearance and improved ride quality generally , under braking , cornering and obviously taking impacts off road in it's stride.
OME are arguably one of the best options,(along with Bilstein/lovells ) based on feedback and reports on the Australian shogun forums , where they use their vehicles to extremes, and daily.

The cost of the suspension was just shy of £1000.

At the same time and from TBR again I fitted some Hoffman + 30 hub centric wheel spacers ( German made, quality items)
£300
These really make the stance just right, as in standard form the wheels sit obviously in the arches and make it look a bit odd and top heavy.

3 weeks ago I had a new Thatcham cat1 alarm fitted, as the standard Mitsubishi Cobra unit got on my tits as the arming range was s hite and you had to stand right next to it to lock/unlock.
£260
I serviced it around 1500 miles ago before a trip to Aberdeen in march, all new engine oil ( all 9 litres ,) and filter, also fitted a K&N panel filter
Another £110
At the last mot in September it had two new front callipers and e brake lines front to back replaced ( big job, fuel tank dropped , bash plates etc)
£600

I have also had the front grill painted gloss black , and changed the headlights to remove the hideous chrome details that are standard on the Warrior model.

So in total it has had £2270 spent on it since last time, the majority of at less an 400 miles old.

Similar models with no additions and more miles are always for sale , anywhere from £6500 - £8000 , which makes mine a genuine bargain for someone, as it will do any offroad thrown at it, then double up as a superb family bus, ( it took the 1000 mile round trip to Aberdeen in 2 days in it's stride , and its occupants in comfort.

I can add up to date pics if anyone is interested.
Cheers Nick.
Edit to add , the suspension upgrades make this the perfect towing vehicle as the updated springs and dampers will eliminate the normal sag and stop it dragging its arse when hitched up to a trailor , ride will be much improved also , when loaded up with tools/spares/wheels etc.

#25 ·
Picture side on with 40 mm over standard lift, though as the original springs had settled over the years, the actual lift was around 70mm from where it actually was....

Acres of ground clearance now :smthumbup

De-chromed front end, way better now...

Side on view, spacers fill the arches out nicely, looks proportionately right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.