Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * MLR Insurance Policy - Online Quote Form * * *

193K views 505 replies 259 participants last post by  ALW@PaceWard 
#1 ·
I expect you all want the most comprehensive insurance policy available for your Evo (or any car) especially if the worst happens and you need to claim. I honestly believe the MLR policy managed by Pace Ward is the best quality policy currently available, but I'm sure there are a substantial number of members (and non members) who have never asked PW for a quote.

To make this process as simple as possible, we have now created an online request form which lists the basic details for you and your car - most of this info will be completed automatically if you're a member - which will then be submitted to the MLR team at Pace Ward, who will then contact you via your preferred option to discuss the finer points of your car details prior to giving you a new quote.

We hope this new form will mean that more members will benefit from the best Evo insurance policy available, so if you're insurance is due for renewal and you've had some quotes already, click here and see what PW can offer you.

#84 ·
Im glad I'm not in a hurry for a quote:mad:
I gave up, after two days....however on the third day they called me back to explain that they wouldn't be quoting me but would keep me on record so that they could give me a call the third week of August 2009 as by then (despite clean licence, aged 32, no accidents, and been driving cars with turbo'ed engines since my Renault 5 I bought for my 20th birthday) that they still wanted more driving experience to be able to generate a quote at all regardless of how stupidly expensive the premium was. :confused:

I'm wondering after giving them two chances (pre-purchase forecourt quote to bring it home, and the interest from this thread being created) whether being bothering a third time to only be unquoted three times in a row at the age of 33 is worth my time and effort going through it again. :yawn:

It's a shame as I'm all for building strength in the spirit of giving club and website support whether it be my money and business or comments and information on the forum. From what I've read on the search features results I'm not alone :shake:

Regards

Mark

#85 ·
I`ve actually just taken a policy out with pace ward. wasnt the cheapest (was 170 more than directline and 260 more than performance direct) but was by far the most comprehensive fully loaded quote i had by far. then again Directline wanted a tracker fitting, PW didn`t.

found then prompt and courteous and pleased with service really. we`ll see how things go once all paperwork comes thru.

imo the quote was very very good. 28, very low risk postcode. HGV driver, 9years NCB. all round pleased thus far.

Thanks

#97 ·
I must say though, although Pace Ward would love to be the most competitive on every quote we do, this unfortunately cannot always be the case

There are certain areas of a risk that we look out for and I can say that if you fit our schemes criteria, not only can we offer a fantastic product but at an extremely competitive rate.

Please accept our Apologies EVO 4LEX and deanoxx2003 that we could not be competitive for you in this instance, but please do give us a call next year when your renewal is due.

Keep the quotes coming folks:smthumbup

#99 · (Edited)
Well I'm pleased to say that I must be one of those who fit the scheme (must be getting old LOL) and I will be signing up.

Although not as cheap as Tesco, PW were not that much more especially considering what's included/covered and that they will cover modifications like-for-like which is something I know I cannot get with Tesco.

Not only that, the additional track day premiums are very competitive should I decide to take part in one. Excess is reasonable and European travel is covered (up to 90 days). I can also still drive the Mrs' old banger Shogun on a Third Party basis :smthumbup

Emma has been polite and friendly to deal with and obviously knows a bit about Evos and mods and so on. Certainly a 10/10 rating from this owner - just a shame that the scheme cannot be 'all-encompassing' but hopefully by getting on board the extra support will mean that the policy can grow and more members can get Pace Ward-MLR cover in the future....

:smthumbup :)

#103 ·
I just signed up with these guys and am happy to say they beat my Tesco renewal quote by about £50. Once I narrowed down my mileage requirements and determined that I was stating I had one less year of NC bonus than I actually had, the quote came down a further £100 or so!

Details:
Female
Age 42
8 years NCD
5K miles / year
Car parked in Private carpark

approx £660 !!

woo hoo

Their service was excellent throughout. Very pleased so far, thanks!

#105 ·
I only gathered quotes online and they ranged from £840 to well over £3k :eek:

I think the hindering factor is I've only held a UK license for 6 months...the rest of my driving has been on an "International" (Canadian) license. Some companies wouldn't even talk to me as they completely negated all my no claims years.

Still, I'm quite happy with my quote as I'm paying less for this car than I was for an '03 Z4

#108 ·
Yep same here won't cover me as I'm 22 (nearly 23) ... the fact I've owned the car 2 years doesn't seem to matter :rotz:

Will try them again in a year :)

(Cheers Keith Michaels for the brilliant quote!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.