Ralliart UK Reply - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2001, 22:25   #16
Evo7

Re:Ralliart UK Reply

Hi all
I,ve also bought an evo 7 from ralliart south of england branch which is a lot closer for me.
They also assured me that the car comes with a 3 year warrenty.
How good the level of service i got from ralliart south which for me started with a test drive
and ended up me buying an evo 7,was excellent.
Good to hear from ralliart in the forum.
Please can someone from ralliart reply when they have some accssesories for the evo 7 in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2001, 22:29   #17
Dragon

Siko

No, I haven't got the RS450 any more but I now have to choose. Do I go Group N rallying or shall I have an Extreme S (which blows away my 450 I might add!)
Old 04-09-2001, 22:53   #18
Adamski

I agree that it would be unreasonable to foot the bill for high wear items such as brakes/bushes/etc, but still believe the warranty should be offered for the engine (as in the S) so long as no further modifications are done even if used on a track, and so what if a Warranty premium has to be paid for peace of mind. I would rather add a couple of grand to the price than have to fork out for a new engine 3 months down the line and whatever anyone says a warraty from the company you bought it from (even if insurance based) is better than a 3rd party warranty!! At least Ralliart would honour it rather than find any excuse to evade it!!!!!!!!!

Lotus etc do not deny waranty claims if the engine goes if the car has been on the track, but will deny claims if the brakes wear out at 6000miles as it can be assumed, unless there is an obvious fault, that the car has been used for motorsport. Therefore, I think a distinction has to be made between high wear items as pointed out by Mark and the major mechanicals which should receive the standard warranty, but if you mod the car yourself you are on your own!!

If you do wear your brakes out on the track etc, dont expect anyone to be noce when you try and get the parts changed under warranty when you are talking s**t!!! which does go on!!!

Just my 2 penneth.

As an aside, would agree that the Extreme S is absolutely awesome which is why I have reserved one[img]https://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2001, 23:01   #19
daved6

I`ve never heard of Ralliart south ?

Where are they based and amp; whats the phone number please .
Old 04-09-2001, 23:12   #20
Dragon

daved6

There is no Ralliart south but a couple of the keener CCC dealers have bought the odd 7 for favoured customers. These cars have Ralliart UK warranties as we know that the dealers concerned share our sense of fair play when dealing with claims.

ps Just been for a drive in Extreme S and this car will eat anything I've ever driven!
Old 05-09-2001, 00:13   #21
SiKo

In response to your reply Dragon. You're right about many things - If you drive your car like Tommi then it'll last as long as his i.e 500 miles and thats fair enough. Later on in your reply you mention about the infrequency of engine failures and then go on to contradict yourself by saying you agree with CCC's withdrawal. I think in your rant you lost sight of the questions being asked. Who was talking about crude home tweaks? I was talking about Ralliart approved work carried out by Ralliart themselves. I'm afraid the more I hear the more I'm feeling cheated.

Simon7extreme, why should Ralliart allow certain mods and keep the warranty? Because we were told so by Ralliart at the time of purchase. That's why. How would you feel if you had a warranty claim on your new car to be told that it was no longer valid. I'm considering the fact that I was actually mislead by Ralliart in the purchase of my car.
Old 05-09-2001, 00:29   #22
Adamski

I think you will find that Ralliart, operating under their agreement with CCC were selling cars to customers and saying yep fit the stage 1 and it will be covered by warranty, which may have been the case when you bought the car. CCC then turn round and unilaterally remove Stage 1 from warranty. Ralliart had no say in this and there is nothing they can do because the warranty is administered by CCC. Ralliart have to get approval for non-standard warranty work and therefore couldn't carry out the stage 1 once CCC rescinded the warranty on stage 1, therefore Rallairt were just as shafted as we all were. Even if Ralliart said you could have stage 1, you could have done if it had been fited there and then. Ralliart didn't know CCC were going to stop it so there is nothing you, Raliart or anyone can do even if it was in writing at the time Ralliart would not be contractually obliged to fit it. Take it up with CCC if you are that ####ed off.

If Ralliart had sold yo the stage 1 and you went to your local dealer they wouldn't have honoured the warranty. They would probably do the work and then tell you that you had to pay because the failure was due to Stage 1, whether it was or not. Your only recourse would have been to go back to Ralliart. Why should they absorb this cost when the warranty is ultimately CCC's responsibility and the decision, although arbitrary was theirs alone? I am sure if Ralliart had had the choice they would have continued with Stage 1 as they would have made more money.

Because of this and because CCC have no 7's, Rallairt have taken the initiaive and are bringing the 7's in themselves and and supporting them with their own warranty, not a CCC warranty. As Ralliart are in control of both cars and warranty they can permit the modifications they want. If they approve and they wont be detrimental to the car they will honour the warranty. However if you act like an arse and bugger about with the car yourself dont expect them to honour it. You wouldn't expect Panasonic to work on your DVD player under warranty when you have been inside and buggered about with it (they stipulate authorised dealers), why should Ralliart.

Be reasonable guys and gals. If you want to tune your car to death you are gonna have to pay, you cant expect it to be warranted when the people giving the warranty think it is a bad idea (or that you are a prat)

Siko

What you say isn't correct. If you had taken Stage 1 when you took the car/or were told it would come under warranty it is still under warranty. The decision by CCC was not retrospective it only applied to new applications of Stage 1. Ralliart had no control over this anyway. If you had Stage 1 fitted prior to CCC's decision your car with Stage 1 still has a full warranty Whatever you say it was Ralliart and all CCC customers that were misled by CCC.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:55   #23
Dragon

SiKo

Wasn't meant to be a contradiction, Stage 1 alone is not the cause of problems but further home brew is.

With regard to CCC decision to withdraw the warranty concession, I said that I wasn't surprised, not that I agreed!
Old 05-09-2001, 15:47   #24
SiKo

Pleased to see Ralliarts legal representative has entered the fray. Regarding taking this up with CCC, I wasn't aware that I purchased the car from CCC. If my car was indeed purchased from CCC I will take it up with them.

Ralliart was indeed shafted by this decision too, that is for sure, but someone has to take responsibility for this decision. The question is who?

I have not carried out any mods on the car and was in the process of getting Stage 1 after 2 months of ownership when I was told the news.

Nowhere on this thread has anyone mentioned that Ralliart are responsible for home brew work so why does this aspect keep coming up or should I start a new thread Should Ralliart hounour home brew warranty claims?
Old 05-09-2001, 15:47   #25
SiKo

Pleased to see Ralliarts legal representative has entered the fray. Regarding taking this up with CCC, I wasn't aware that I purchased the car from CCC. If my car was indeed purchased from CCC I will take it up with them.

Ralliart was indeed shafted by this decision too, that is for sure, but someone has to take responsibility for this decision. The question is who?

I have not carried out any mods on the car and was in the process of getting Stage 1 after 2 months of ownership when I was told the news.

Nowhere on this thread has anyone mentioned that Ralliart are responsible for home brew work so why does this aspect keep coming up or should I start a new thread Should Ralliart hounour home brew warranty claims?
Old 05-09-2001, 21:11   #26
Simon7extreme

SiKo

I have already stated that I think it is unfair and I fully support your right to get this sorted. I am not sure though that Ralliart can do much more. Have you taken it up with CCC?

I know that you bought the car from Ralliart but CCC provided the warranty. I don't know if that was clear when you made your purchase but I assume that somewhere, maybe in the small print, it is stated. it remind me of a time I had a Ford (sorry) and had a problem with a warranty claim. The dealer submitted a claim that was rejected and after many attempts, got nowhere. I had to start my own campaign to get the claim met by dealing with Ford, the company that granted the warranty, directly. I cannot fault the dealer for the fact that Ford had said no (BTW, they did pay up).

I suspect that a good way foreward is to have a go at CCC. I suspect that Rallairt would be supportive of this and if you can get a group of owners together, it must improve your chances.

Once again, good luck. I hope you get somewhere in the end
Old 05-09-2001, 21:55   #27
Dragon

SiKo

If it helps, write to me with the details and I will ask for CCC's written response as to why the warranty was changed.
Old 05-09-2001, 22:05   #28
Claudius

The rate at which you have to replace discs, pads, hubs, bearings, transmission elements and tires depends on driving style and getting the dealer to pay for this would not be normal. However, if the discs WARP UNDER HEAVY BUT CAREFUL USE they should be replaced by the manufacturer or one of its representatives.

The only problem with warping is you cannot tell whether it is due to a default or bad use. Mine are warped because I let a friend try the car and and asked him if he found the pedal spongy (which I did), and he stepped on the brakes (discs were orange at that time)! So no question of who did what. Now if my CTF discs warp under heavy use, when heating them up and letting them cool down etc as you should, I give them back my dealer and they will have to replace them.
Old 06-09-2001, 01:09   #29
SHORTY [paul s]

Claudius

I have brake dust up my doors on a van and treat them heavier then any Evo 1.1Mt |PLS|weight of vehicle.
never a brake disc warp.and i drive it fast and furious .
Old 06-09-2001, 08:15   #30
Maxi

I think that the Evo is not just looking like tommi gr.a, but it's a car made to be used in hard conditions, and that's why there is no warranty in italy or france for the evo.
But If the japanese or english dealers gives a warranty, they can't just say that it has been used too hard!

I think that if you buy a porsche and you have some problems with your brakes they will change them for free, except if they are just used.
They changed all the brake system on a friend 996 because there was some vibrations and a pedal spring noise, and he even changed the black calipers to red ones!
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: