Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo ix idle problems

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  sparkso 
#1 ·
Hi guys I need some help I am having this problem in my evo ix 340 for 2 weeks now wen I first start the car wen cold the revs go up normal and drop a bit and then go up again and then after wen it warms up it's perfect what could it be thank you for the help in advance

#3 ·
It Mite be the idle control valve had the same sort of issue with mine changed the idle control valve and it's been ok since

Stew
I am thinking about that to the car has 48000 MLS at the moment it does not stall wen cold or hot it just does it wen it's a first start of the day or wen it's been sitting for long periods where did you get your valve from I have seen some on eBay for45 pounds new do you know if they are any good thank you

#16 ·
Just solved this exact issue

New throttle body seals solved it in the end, did the whole idle reset through Evo scan and adjusted biss screw. It was over the show when cold, perfect idle when warm

Have rock solid idle now warm or cold, grant at gb sorted me out with the new seals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.