***Japanese Import Car History Check*** - Page 27 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Used Car Information

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-02-2018, 14:24   #391
Macca916
Senior User

Car: Lotus Europa S
My Car
Just used the Jap history service to check out what looked like a reasonable IX Wagon. Came back with nearly double the KMs than shown on the dash and a significant amount of accident repair work after which it was auctioned off. Then there seemed a couple of years gap in its history before it surfaced in the U.K. if the owner was to be believed as to when it was 1st imported . I didn’t bother with a UK check given the poor jap history and significant clocking. Current owner wasn’t happy with the news as to his PnJ history . Shame as it did look clean and rust free underneath, though after the test drive I did wonder if it felt a little flat and underpowered compared to rose tinted memories of my old stock Ecu map 9GT, which could be due to lost horses after all those missing miles on the bores, probably needed rings refreshed as a min?

Last edited by Macca916; 19-02-2018 at 14:25..
Macca916 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macca916 For This Useful Post:
RichW (19-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-2018, 14:43   #392
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca916 View Post
Just used the Jap history service to check out what looked like a reasonable IX Wagon. Came back with nearly double the KMs than shown on the dash and a significant amount of accident repair work after which it was auctioned off. Then there seemed a couple of years gap in its history before it surfaced in the U.K. if the owner was to be believed as to when it was 1st imported . I didnít bother with a UK check given the poor jap history and significant clocking. Current owner wasnít happy with the news as to his PnJ history . Shame as it did look clean and rust free underneath, though after the test drive I did wonder if it felt a little flat and underpowered compared to rose tinted memories of my old stock Ecu map 9GT, which could be due to lost horses after all those missing miles on the bores, probably needed rings refreshed as a min?

Sounds like a lucky escape, would it have worth trying to bid him down because of the mileage and repair history? Every cloud has a silver lining and all that?
Old 19-02-2018, 16:04   #393
Macca916
Senior User

Car: Lotus Europa S
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
Sounds like a lucky escape, would it have worth trying to bid him down because of the mileage and repair history? Every cloud has a silver lining and all that?
I did wonder about that, I think it would have needed an alignment check due to where it was repaired (full rear wing and bonnet) and an engine refresh factored into that bidding. the current owner is considering trading standards complaints against the selling garage so maybe looking to get his money back from them.

Last edited by Macca916; 19-02-2018 at 16:05..
Macca916 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macca916 For This Useful Post:
RichW (20-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-02-2018, 18:48   #394
Glenroyb1979
Senior User

Car: Import ix GSR 400/400
My Car
I checked my new purchase and happily it came out amazing, grade 4 with loads of history. The only change is the wheels.......
Old 29-01-2019, 00:01   #395
TMEEMT
Senior User

I just checked the Mak I was about to buy and - it came out as an R auction rating with extensive panel damage and a different non Mak colour. No joke.

I'm highly ****ed off with the seller, but that website reference saved me big £££

Thanks v v much OP.

Back to searching for a genuine original Mak. Feel free to get in touch thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TMEEMT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TMEEMT For This Useful Post:
RichW (30-01-2019)
Old 29-01-2019, 06:04   #396
evo baz
MLR Oldie

Car: NR built and mapped. CBRD BBK Full and Vipec power Evo 6.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEEMT View Post
I just checked the Mak I was about to buy and - it came out as an R auction rating with extensive panel damage and a different non Mak colour. No joke.

I'm highly ****ed off with the seller, but that website reference saved me big £££

Thanks v v much OP.

What Mak were you looking at buying? A link would be helpful to prevent anyone else being stung by the same car / seller.
evo baz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evo baz For This Useful Post:
Mita (29-01-2019), RichW (30-01-2019)
Old 29-01-2019, 06:35   #397
TMEEMT
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo baz View Post
What Mak were you looking at buying? A link would be helpful to prevent anyone else being stung by the same car / seller.
Its not in the UK and has been exported from Japan some time ago. I want to talk to the seller then I can consider advising what country its in, but TBH it cant be sold on to another country due to export laws here.

The colour difference - the panelbeating company that looked at it are very reputable. They pointed out the different colour change straight away. Along with the auction sheet damage report, its one Im staying away from!
The Following User Says Thank You to TMEEMT For This Useful Post:
RichW (30-01-2019)
Old 29-01-2019, 07:10   #398
infamous pa
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 tme
My Car
Just used this the other day to get some more back ground info on my car and considering Iíve had the car 10 years and itís been in the UK 12 I must say I was impressed with what information they can gather.

Is there any way of getting the original auction sheet completely translated to English?

Iíve paid for the translation of •500 but was a little confused when I got back an email with text in it ?
infamous pa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to infamous pa For This Useful Post:
RichW (30-01-2019)
Old 30-01-2019, 16:53   #399
RichW

Car: E6 GSR -> E9GT -> e46 M3 -> M3 CSL -> E6 RSII / M-Sport BMW / GIXXER 750 K5
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMEEMT View Post

Thanks v v much OP.

Wow! Glad you was able to avoid buying that car! phew!

Thank's for letting us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous pa View Post
Just used this the other day to get some more back ground info on my car and considering Iíve had the car 10 years and itís been in the UK 12 I must say I was impressed with what information they can gather.

Is there any way of getting the original auction sheet completely translated to English?

Iíve paid for the translation of •500 but was a little confused when I got back an email with text in it ?

Thank You for the feedback, glad you were able to get some good info back on the car

Regarding the auction sheet there are some other companies that will translate your auction sheet but i have no experience with them and it could be you will simply get an email back simply telling you what the auction sheet says, rather than an auction sheet written in English which i guess is what you were expecting?
Old 05-02-2019, 19:12   #400
TMEEMT
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous pa View Post

Yes thatís what you get in a translation, an email with the English text.

Old 27-02-2019, 11:12   #401
flatlemon
User

I used this service recently when purchasing my Evo. Sadly no import pics - seems to be a bit of a lottery if you get these - but had all the other details including the auction sheet which is brilliant information.

Turnaround time was very quick. I think I did it in the evening and it was in my inbox the next morning.

Regrettably I used the website directly and not through the other link posted in this link as I didnít know about it until after - sorry!

flatlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flatlemon For This Useful Post:
RichW (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 11:39   #402
RichW

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlemon View Post
I used this service recently when purchasing my Evo. Sadly no import pics - seems to be a bit of a lottery if you get these - but had all the other details including the auction sheet which is brilliant information.

Nobody else has reported not getting the pics but I guess it depends on when and who recorded the car going through auction, strange
Old 05-03-2019, 13:10   #403
flatlemon
User

Quote:
Nobody else has reported not getting the pics but I guess it depends on when and who recorded the car going through auction, strange

I definitely read earlier posts on this thread that said no pictures were found for them either.

RichW (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 11:43   #404
RichW

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlemon View Post
I definitely read earlier posts on this thread that said no pictures were found for them either.

Just had a look back through the thread, you are right, its been that long since I read those posts I forgot about them

Have you checked your spam folder? They did send them separately at one point it would seem. Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones who doesn't get auction photos
Old 06-03-2019, 11:47   #405
flatlemon
User

Quote:
Just had a look back through the thread, you are right, its been that long since I read those posts I forgot about them

Have you checked your spam folder? They did send them separately at one point it would seem. Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones who doesn't get auction photos

Yeah understandable! Haha. No worries, just wanted to flag it. Was desperate for the Ďport photosí but knew there might be a chance they werenít there. I contacted the team to make sure and they confirmed they couldnít find any.

RichW (06-03-2019)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: