2000 Silver TME - 420bhp / 440ftlb - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Private Sales - Cars

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-04-2015, 18:49   #1
geeto

2000 Silver TME - 420bhp / 440ftlb

Well the time has come where I am considering selling my pride and joy due to an upcoming house move/returning to work in the UK full time which needs me to drive high miles

Ok I will get the standard items out of the way first:

- 79,000 miles but will rise as its in daily use
- 3 former keepers
- Japanese import, registered in 2003
- tax is the lower band at £225
- 12 months MOT
- Cat 1 Alarm with install certificate (great for insurance)

Before I go into the bulk description, I would like to turn your attention to my build thread which is on this forum. As part of my enjoyment with any car is sharing my experience of ownership with like minded enthusiasts as lets be honest we all love looking at other people's pride & joys!

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=463006

I originally bought her in mid-late 2013, from a garage near Manchester. She was somewhat modified before I bought her but was done reasonably tastefully. its actually amazing for me to see how far she's come along since the first time I saw her!

through the years I started the usual urge for more power, and I enlisted the help of the MG autos team as I believe they are one of the best tuners out there for these vehicles. She went in for a rod job but then, much like most builds on here, I got carried away and we ended up with the following:

- I beam rods
- Evo IX Grade B pistons
- Evo IX rings
- Cosworth head gasket
- Head rebuilt using MR cams/adjustable verniers and HKS valve springs
- Tomei Oil scraper/baffle plate and Kiggly HLA
- ARP studs throughout
- 3" turbo elbow & dowpipe to mate with 3.5" Magnex cat back
- SD conversion with 750cc RC injectors
- AP racing evo 9 organic clutch and lightweight flywheel (rated at 460ftlb)
- Evo 9 80 series (freshly rebuilt from AET) with FP ported compressor cover and ported hotside
- Ported Exhaust manifold
- Ported Inlet manifold (Including new ICV)
- HDI intercooler with hardpipes
- Forge BOV
- 4" rosssport intake with large K&N filter

Im sure there is alot more that I have missed, but basically the lads at MG advised how to build a strong/reliable/fast road car and I pretty much went along with it with some additions. The engine is perfect, starts everytime and has never given me any trouble only smiles After speaking with Mat last time the power is being limited by the MR cams and, subject to the correct cam choice, more torque could be achieved also. This will also require a clutch change as the AP racing unit is at its limits currently.

My ambition was to use GSC S1 cams and twin plate clutch, looking for 450-460bhp / 460-480 ftlb but after I got the car back from the above work she was making 420 / 440 with stock like characteristics in terms of spool/in gear flexibility and its definitely fast enough for me! She has had additional mapping sessions prior to this with Mat and is making more power/torque than the above figures but I didn't get a dyno printout so I am stating the lower power figure as I have proof of this although it felt quicker to me before/after so she is definitely healthy!

Just for further peace of mind for me and the new owner i will change the oil and use an OEM oil filter, will be using the correct 5w-40 Millers nanodrive as per the other oil changes.

drivetrain...... I have already mentioned the AP racing clutch/flywheel setup above but everything else is OEM. The transfer box that is currently in the car is from a 6 RS, this is because original TME transfer box suffered a bearing failure the 6 RS box had done <40,000 miles and the diff bolts were changed to the higher tensile units prior to install. The box has been trouble free ever since although the original TME transfer box is rebuild-able (and worth doing as well). I have started the process and have cleaned up the casing etc just needs a new bearing set installed (£200 from arnside) then it will a excellent spare. The rear diff is the standard AYC unit and has had its oil changed within the last 10,000 miles again no troubles from this unit. The car is currently suffering an AYC failure code which is showing the pump has failed. At present time this is a sporadic thing, some days it is fine somedays it isn't, this seems to be the precursor to a pump rebuild required. I have reduced my asking price to cover the cost of a rebuild (£500).

So now onto the bodywork... This car, as far as I'm aware, is still on the original factory paint which is good condition for its age. As you can see from the photos the original carbon fibre wrap on the bonnet has been removed (not to my tastes) but it did a good job of protecting the bonnet paint itself. the car has a real carbon fibre rear spoiler which has been recently restored and a carbon fibre vinyl roof wrap. There are various scratches around the car these include: passenger side skirt, drivers side rear overfender, drivers side rear bumper (additional pictures supplied for these points). the first two points have been there since I bought the car but the third point was done by somebody in a supermarket car park Finally there is a little bit of rust bubbling on the passenger side front wing where it joins the bumper.

Underside.... the car has recently been restored underneath by Malton coachworks in Malton, York (funnily enough). The original work was to repair both side sills as I had noted they were getting quite bad. As per most of my adventures with this car the work ended up being:

- Repair both side sills (front & rear)
- Repair underside floor (both sides)
- Repair boot floor and repaint
- Repair rear chassis legs (both sides)
- re-apply new sound deadening to boot and inside front wings
- remove underside surface rust and Underseal

The problem with this type of work is if I did half a job at this point it would have cost me (or the new owner) the same again in 3-4 years time. Instead I got the job done properly to ensure that she lives to drive another day. Addition to the above, I have replaced the fuel filler neck with a new unit, including all new hoses/clips/screws (invoice to prove) which was rust bulleted then undersealed.

Interior.... I have kept the interior as stock as possible, I like it that way. The only additions to the interior are:

- Titanium Gear knob
- Flocked A pillar dual gauge pod
- Dual SPA gauges, Boost/water temp and Oil pressure/Oil temperature all with individual warning LEDS and reset button
- Import TME model dome sticker (From Lee at FCM)
- JDM flare still in place
- Various original JDM stickers in Japanese (I have no idea what they say)

The interior condition is good, the TME seats are all in excellent condition with no bolster wear. The interior plastics have suffered from some aftermarket holders being screwed into the passenger side of the centre console so there are 4 small mounting holes. Also once of the previous owners stuck some 'Anti-slip' pads in the cubby holes in the centre console but has then removed them leaving a slight residue although they are not really that noticeable but still it is there. Also the steering wheel is starting to show its age around the edges of the outer wheel, It is to be expected with a 15 year old car though.

Suspension/wheels/tyres..... One area I haven't felt the need to change anything since I bought the car as it was setup very well indeed.

- BC racing coilovers with BC racing top mounts (adjustable)
- Ralliart bushes throughout
- Powerflex engine and diff bushes
- OEM TME wheels painted black
- 225/45/17 goodyear eagle F1 tyres with approximately 3-4mm tread.
- fast road alignment

Originally the car was setup quite hard but after I changed the shockers a few more clicks towards the softer side it has removed pretty much all bumpsteer and is simply epic around the corners.

Brakes..... I have recently changed all four discs to MTEC units, drilled on the front and drilled/grooved on the rear. The pads were the same as before since they had 3/4 life left and were pagid race compound pads (I think RS29 or RS19?). Either way they are extremely competent brake pads, some serious stopping power. The only downside is they really do squeal when only lightly braking, sounds like a train stopping! The brake fluid was also changed to Shell 5.1, bled in correct sequence etc.

- all discs less than 500 miles old, MTEC units
- Pagid race compound pads (3/4 life left)
- less than 500 miles old 5.1 brake fluid

Additional spares.... Over the years of ownership I have gathered some evo spares which I will happily include in the sale. There maybe more but off the top of my head:

- Original TME intercooler and hard pipes
- Pair coil packs
- Original TME 15g titanium turbocharger (Still works but would benefit from a refresh)
- Evo 8 MR wheels with Federal winter tyres 225/45/17 XL (6-7mm tread)
- TME transfer box (requires bearing set then good to rebuild)

All the above work/items listed can be proven by invoice which I have kept most if not all invoices since my ownership. Also, the engine rebuild and underside restoration has been documented/stored on USB device which are also part of the sale so that the future owner has a solid portfolio of work which has been completed on this car.

Good points:

- Genuine TME chassis done 80,000 miles with 3 former owners
- 6000ish miles on fresh engine producing 420bhp / 440ftlb by MG autos
- Underside restored by Malton coachworks
- Interior in good condition
- Fresh brake system
- Spares package included in sale
- Fresh oil change and OEM filter will be done for new owner

Bad points:

- Few exterior scratches/small rust bubbling on one front wing
- AYC light on sporadically and pump will most likely require a rebuild
- Steering wheel is showing its age slightly although not ripped/torn.

Last edited by geeto; 06-09-2015 at 15:49..
geeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-04-2015, 18:49   #2
geeto

2000 Silver TME - 420bhp / 440ftlb

I have tried to be as honest as I can about the car, she is well loved and always gets what she needed when doing work on her. Oil changes have been done every 6 months using the miller nanodrive as per the other changes. Other than the recent AYC light error the car is wanting for nothing other than fuel.

Considering the specification of this car, the fact its a genuine TME and the AYC pump replacement she will most likely need the price is £9,500 ovno. The private number plate will be removed prior to sale, the original reg number is: W803 PSX.

The car is located in Goole, East Yorkshire.

Please contact me via PM on here or by E-mail at [email protected]

Please bear in mind that any test drives will be performed by me with yourself as a passenger. This is not negotiable and I am quite happy not to sell it to you if your not happy with this rule. The main concern for me doing this is because this car is very powerful and quite frankly I don't trust anyone else driving it without owning it themselves. On the flip side I will be more than happy to show you the performance she has to offer.

Pictures will be uploaded shortly. (sorry for second post I ran out of characters on the first one!)

Last edited by geeto; 06-09-2015 at 15:50..
Old 18-04-2015, 19:05   #3
geeto

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-04-2015, 19:09   #4
geeto

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geeto For This Useful Post:
joe81 (16-05-2015), Realbadman (14-05-2015)
Old 19-04-2015, 14:38   #5
geeto

All E-mails have been replied too

Most questions are regarding pictures of the underside restoration, please see the build thread as they are all on there!
Old 20-04-2015, 21:35   #6
geeto

Lots of interest in regards to the spares package. I intend to sell everything to the new owner/give them first refusal although if this changes I will ask people in order in which they contacted me

Bump to the top!
The Following User Says Thank You to geeto For This Useful Post:
Mita (21-04-2015)
Old 23-04-2015, 19:30   #7
geeto

Bump!
Old 25-04-2015, 21:27   #8
geeto

Bump
Old 29-04-2015, 20:43   #9
geeto

Bump!
Old 30-04-2015, 12:35   #10
Mr G
Senior User

Car: Evo 6RS
My Car
Would you consider px with a Porsche Cayenne S plus cash?
Mr G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 19:12   #11
andyctr

Toms took me out in this car,very quick,pulls nice.

GLWTS tom.

I bought a subaru in the end,2004 wrx sti,had it 3 week then sold it.back on car hunt again.
andyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 21:34   #12
geeto

Hi Mr G,

Thanks for the offer but It's not really what I'm looking for as I'll be doing lots of motorway miles when I come back to the UK.

Hi Andrew,

I guess you didn't enjoy the Subaru in the end? I know last time we spoke you weren't 100% sure what you wanted! Thanks for the kind words
The Following User Says Thank You to geeto For This Useful Post:
Mr G (01-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 07:45   #13
geeto

Bump, will consider selling the spares seperately and reducing the asking price.
Old 10-05-2015, 13:43   #14
geeto

price reduced £10,500 Ono.
Old 14-05-2015, 06:47   #15
geeto

Bump!
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement