Turbo Exhaust Elbow - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > ECU / Mapping

Old 23-06-2014, 09:10   #1
Chrisher

Car: Evo 8 stage 2
Turbo Exhaust Elbow

Hi, I'm a newbie and have just become a full member I am looking at fitting a Turbo - Exhaust Elbow to my Evo VIII 260. Car has currently Ralliart Exhaust, Ralliart air filter and ralliart ECU (not sure if stage 1.5). The previous owner also fitted a tubular manifold to the car. The car will be used on the street and on track. My question is, will the car need remapping after I fit the Turbo elbow or can I run safely it with the ralliart map. The problem is that I live in Gibraltar and not easy to get cars remapped here. Any advice and comments very much appreciated. Cheers
Chrisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-06-2014, 14:38   #2
[email protected]

Car: Cayman GT4, MK7 Golf R and Tiguan R
My Car
Boost control maybe an issue after fitting, I would get the fuel and knock checked as a minimum after fitting if not having a map
antony@Indigo-gt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Chrisher (23-06-2014)
Old 23-06-2014, 15:03   #3
falconer

Car: EVO X EUDM GSR
My Car
Would follow Ants advice and if you could 2-3 evos together you could ask Ant to come over and map them. Thats what I do here in Cyprus.

Sent from a Galaxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-06-2014, 15:19   #4
Chrisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Boost control maybe an issue after fitting, I would get the fuel and knock checked as a minimum after fitting if not having a map
Thanks. How do I get the Fuel and knock checked ? Do you think its worth fitting the elbow if I have it checked or could it be more hassle than its worth for few gains ? I have it brand new sitting in a box and the previous owner fitted it..... He did fit a tubular manifold though and hasn't remapped (has ralliart ECU not stock), would I have the same issues ? I will be tracking the car and driving it hard. There are a few of us in Gib with Evo's, maybe you can PM me some info on costs etc... Cheers.
Old 23-06-2014, 15:25   #5
falconer

My Car
Fuel and knock is checked when mapping the car. You will need an AFR Gauge for Fuelling and Det Cans fot knock. Someone like Ant or any decent mapper would have this equipment and would sort it out there and then with the correct software.

I would not be pushing it too hard at the moment as you dont know if the fuelling and knock are within good ranges

Sent from a Galaxy
Old 23-06-2014, 15:37   #6
Chrisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconer View Post
Fuel and knock is checked when mapping the car. You will need an AFR Gauge for Fuelling and Det Cans fot knock. Someone like Ant or any decent mapper would have this equipment and would sort it out there and then with the correct software.

I would not be pushing it too hard at the moment as you dont know if the fuelling and knock are within good ranges

Sent from a Galaxy
Thanks. Until I am able to do that, do you think should I hold off fitting the Elbow and also remove the Tubular Manifold ?
Old 23-06-2014, 16:40   #7
falconer

My Car
Leave the mani as its already on just try to keep it out of boost. Would fit the elbow a day or two before mapping, again staying out of boost. Once its in the process of mapping just follower what the mapper says and job will be a good un.

Sent from a Galaxy
Old 23-06-2014, 17:39   #8
Chrisher

Turbo Exhaust Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconer View Post
Leave the mani as its already on just try to keep it out of boost. Would fit the elbow a day or two before mapping, again staying out of boost. Once its in the process of mapping just follower what the mapper says and job will be a good un.

Sent from a Galaxy

Thanks. The problem is that before I am able to map it I am hoping to do a couple of trackdays. Would it be safe to do it with the Mani bearing in mind the ECU is a ralliart and not stock. Thanks. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23-06-2014, 17:59   #9
falconer

My Car
I wouldnt do the trackdays until its all done, you never know, if your running rich or lean, both are bad in their own ways. Running lean will not put enough fuel in to counteract any detonation/knock have a look around for worse case scenarios of knock detonation pics on Google. Even though you have a Ralliart ECU, I dont know enough about what compensation for Fuelling or Knock it will have.

Its up to you at the end of the day its your car. Me personally, wouldnt be going anywhere near boost until it was all sorted.
Old 23-06-2014, 18:23   #10
Chrisher

Thanks appreciate the advice. I suppose that if I took it back to stock as in remove mani but leave ralliart ecu, ralliart exhaust and ralliart air filter then should be ok ? Can then fit all the bits when I'm having it remapped

Old 23-06-2014, 19:11   #11
Ferg F

Car: Forged 260 - CP pistons, I-beams, ARPs, ACL bearings, Green HTA, Intrax suspension, 510/520
My Car
Where do you do track days? Was over in Estepona recently so just wondering.
Old 23-06-2014, 20:20   #12
Chrisher

In Ascari, Guadix and Monteblanco in Southern Spain and in Portimao in Southern Portugal. Was tracking a Focus RS but sold it and bought the EVO 2 weeks ago

Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: