Transmission issue evo 8 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission

Old 17-07-2019, 10:13   #1
Foxman117
Senior User

My Car
Transmission issue evo 8

I had a 6 speed gearbox with problems changing from 1st gear to 2nd, it would crunch and feel notchy, I decided to change to a 5 speed gearbox, mainly because I thought the gearbox was damaged and also for the stronger gearbox.
Since then I have opened the 6 speed to find that it is perfect inside no syncro damage or any other damage.
I am now having trouble with my 5 speed gearbox, same issue 1st to 2nd is notchy, does not feel correct. This leads me to believe it is something on the car and not the gearbox.
I have bled my clutch line and also adjusted my pedal for maximum stroke. The slave cylinder is not leaking.
I have also checked my syncros through the bottom inspection hatch and they are in good condition, I have watched them work as someone has moved the gear stick. Also I have checked the selector forks are not bent.
The clutch cable mounting bracket is brand new and not bent.
I feel like my clutch is dragging, other than removing the box is there anything else other than the usual “change gearbox oil, Shim the fork lever, syncros are damaged, slave cylinder is leaking, adjust the pedal, selector forks are bent, selector mechanism is damaged, ” that anyone can think of to check.
One thing somebody mentioned was the wrong slave cylinder could be fitted, preventing the clutch from fully disengaging but I am not sure without trying another one.
I do have an aftermarket short shifter installed.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Regards Shaun
Foxman117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-07-2019, 16:52   #2
j dog

Car: 2007 evo 9 340
Speak with neverneverman, i know he does a kit to eliminate crunching but he will advise you best.
https://m.facebook.com/Paulmartinevo...ionsdetecting/
j dog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j dog For This Useful Post:
Foxman117 (18-07-2019)
Old 17-07-2019, 17:54   #3
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
I have the same issue on a couple of cars and it was always the clutch
kikiturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kikiturbo For This Useful Post:
Clivew (25-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-07-2019, 17:43   #4
Foxman117
Senior User

My Car
what do you mean the clutch? how did you fix it?
Foxman117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 19:28   #5
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
old clutches tend to drag. My usual symptom was that 1-2 shift "in anger", i.e. fast shift, would be ok, but doing it slowly in city traffic it would be relatively hard to shift into second. I would usually just shift straight into third from first, but when I changed the clutch the shift would dramatically improve
kikiturbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 21:58   #6
interbishi
Senior User

Car: EVO tme, 9gt turbo, 264,s , coilovers. CBR900
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiturbo View Post
old clutches tend to drag. My usual symptom was that 1-2 shift "in anger", i.e. fast shift, would be ok, but doing it slowly in city traffic it would be relatively hard to shift into second. I would usually just shift straight into third from first, but when I changed the clutch the shift would dramatically improve
Last time I changed the clutch on mine I had similar symptoms before the clutch started to slip .
interbishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2019, 12:15   #7
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
I’d put my money on a clutch drag issue.

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: