Lancer Register Forum banner

UPDATE!!! Evo 6 project.........800bhp straight cut dog box plazmaman inlet stripped interior!!

21K views 78 replies 26 participants last post by  edbowles86 
#1 ·
UPDATE!!! Evo 6 project.........800bhp straight cut dog box plazmaman inlet stripped interior!!

Thought I'd share some pictures and plans I have for my white Evo 6, searched for 2 years for a clean low mileage Evo6 in white finally found one after looking at countless rot boxes/bodged evo's! Car had forged Evo 8 engine kelford 272 cams and Evo 9 80 series race tech turbo, pushing out a healthy 417 bhp I wanted more so decided on upgrading the fuel system, suspension, turbo manifold and injectors! Precision 5858 gen2 turbo ets manifold tial 44mm external wastegate and ets 3.5" intercooler custom downpipe and boost pipes made by myself. Over this winter I decided to strip the underside of the car and do a full resto as the car was so clean and never been welded I wanted it to stay that way so me and my brother stripped car back to bare steel! All running gear set for powder coating and bolts sent for zinc plating! All bushes changed to super pro.Primed with bonda zinc primer,2 coats high build primer then upol raptor truck bed liner On top of that then finished with 3 coats of scotia white! Il update the thread as I progress all work carried out by me and my brother! he's some pics for an idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
great job.

How long it took you to do all this? I'm planing to do the same thing with my brother to my VII but not sure how much time to take off from work.

From what I see in the pics I will do similar job with similar tools and I was thinking maybe 4-7 days.

cheers

#4 ·
Good work. I see on the upper inner wing you've masked down the line of the bonnet and line of the front door. How does it look? This is my stress at the moment as it's easy to get carried away and remove the whole engine too! Any more pics of that area?

#6 ·
Looks good mate. In the process of doing the underside of my 6, I had never heard of raptor liner until my mate in the bodyshop told me it would be good to use on mine. I'm using rust bullet and then clear raptor liner with Scotia white mixed in. Very time consuming, keep up the good work :smthumbup.

#8 ·
Cheers Ryan, yeah it's really good stuff that raptor! to give you an idea that was two kits I used to do mine, was been very generous with it rite enough! Yeah it's time consuming but so worth it. Dean I got he intake kit from ross sport on here they have a traders section have a look there, Blair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.