Lancer Register Forum banner

New car.. non evo ...

5K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  Christopher 
#1 ·
Picked up this Cayman Gt4 Monday... been a bit of a dream since they launched 2015.
Finally it's here,lovely car and very pleased with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#20 ·
Browsed these cars last year and they were 80k plus.For being into cars,don't look at other cars much,just into what I've got but always fancied one and when I recently seen them back in price I'm onto it,lol.Downside is the hit I took on my M2 but it sold no problem,had lots of enquiries for it.Shifted that first to make way for the new car.Cant believe I've done it,it's a special car.It doesn't compare to the evo,so different.What the evo matches it with is the thrill of driving:D

Looks gorgeous - Would luv GT4/GT3 one day -

I will do when I down size and only have 1 car :)
That's my plan,one car for myself,wife has her car and I've got an old van I run daily.... whether it stays that way,kicking mysef a bit letting go of the evo.

Love the gt4 looking forward to see what the RS version is like :smthumbup
Read somewhere a pdk Gt4 was reported testing at the ring and I'm sure it was like 8 seconds quicker.Pdk would speed them up.Rs be the one to have if you like your hardcore!

Luvverly ! Not jelly at all...How does the steering feel/ precision compare ?
Yours or preferably an exige 410 would do just nicely. Turbo torque though is nice so I won't cry into my gruel - too much :)
Thanks... done very little with it,feels wow,sounds fantastic,it's the best car I've ever had and it genuinely feels a delight to be in and drive,hope to cherish it for a while,haha. Car feels tight/stiff yet it's really comfortable.Not really pushed her on but I've had her step on,feeling out turn in etc,rear sliding about.Need space/track to drive it.Feels balanced/playful... have to adapt to it,5000 miles one owner car I bought.Still original tyres on it and probably gone hard.For now happy to have one in my garage and I'll get round the car and sus it all out.

Turbo torque... don't...I'm missing it,my first non turbo car in near 20 years.

Cheers for the comments lads... Corona brain fart and that but I'm loving it:smthumbup

#12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.Its a lovely car,very different from the evo.
Sounds and feels brilliant but after a short drive around some local roads,evo would leave it for dead in places... could be wrong.No getting away from how good a evo drives and accelerates,Gt4 has big boots to fill.The evo is regrettably going as I need the space.. fancied the Gt4 a long time and can’t do it all but it’s done and so far really enjoying ownership.

Chris... swap in a few years,don’t say that... arse will fall out of the Gt4 and evo 6’s will rocket:wallbang: anyone have a crystal ball?:lol:

H18BYO... haha,not a stately home but do have a fair bit of land around me which is farmed.

#23 ·
Beauty Martin, prefer this to the red one.

You're starting to make Evo regret noises already though :lol:
Always have done :handsup::lol: I know for sure that it will be hard car to replace:wallbang:

On another note,well pleased with the Gt4 and white suits it,happy with my choice..red car had 200 miles on it,proper garage queen.

#26 ·
Some vids and noises would be nice please ;)

I think it's a cracker mate :)
Cheers,will do,get some on what's app:thumbup:

If it's a red GT4 with 200 miles for sale that your talking about it sounds very like one that was local to me, I nearly went to view it, the problem with it for resale value was no warranty and it had never been serviced.

Although ultimately that wasn't a deal breaker there was no real negotiation on the price, not that it really matters because I think it's now sold ! :wallbang:
That's the one Paul,car is in Belfast and is now heading to Glasgow...
I got mega excited when it popped up on auto trader,one owner 200 miles Clubsport but as you say.. no history or warranty which can be done at Porsche as I looked into it.Price was pretty firm and I had it costed at 80k time I had it on the road.Also turned out I'd be the third owner as it was ordered and changed hands immediately.I left the lad to get back to me which he did as he got it sold.
Ended up getting a good haggle on the one I bought,one owner car with 5,500 miles,history and a chunk of cash less.I want your 9 Rs but I'm sure we all do,can't happen for me.Good luck,she is a beauty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.