Sst mechatronic unit - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission

Old 03-12-2018, 06:22   #1
EvoXpee

Sst mechatronic unit

Suspect mechatronic units at fault , is there only one in the box or is there one for odds one for evens?
Also where can i source one from i know you can get them from america for around £2200 is there any uk suppliers or places that do reconed ones? Mine had previously been sent for refurb but this didnt solve the issue
EvoXpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 07:37   #2
kikiturbo
Senior User

Car: EVO 9 GSR
My Car
one unit, electronics + hydraulic valves.. Has to be programmed for the car when you buy new one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kikiturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 13:30   #3
DannyTk

What makes you think it's the unit? What's the symptoms?
Can the valves not be switched out?
I have nightmares over my sst �� just curious for future issues that may occur with mine.
DannyTk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 15:18   #4
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
I'd get someone to look at the current box first, if you haven't already, before deciding to replace the mechantronic unit as the SST/mechatronic unit might just need a clean, however if you are dead set on needing a new one:

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/2800a135

Might want to check the part number is correct as I understand there are multiple revisions of the SST and I'm not sure if they all use the same mechatronic unit. As it's being shipped from Japan I'm assuming you will also get stung for import duty etc, however even with that you should be looking at a saving of £200 quid on your US option.
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:11   #5
EvoXpee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
I'd get someone to look at the current box first, if you haven't already, before deciding to replace the mechantronic unit as the SST/mechatronic unit might just need a clean, however if you are dead set on needing a new one:

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mitsubishi/2800a135

Might want to check the part number is correct as I understand there are multiple revisions of the SST and I'm not sure if they all use the same mechatronic unit. As it's being shipped from Japan I'm assuming you will also get stung for import duty etc, however even with that you should be looking at a saving of £200 quid on your US option.
Yeah its been with indigo gt for a while now the rebuilt box with new clutches and refurbed mech unit which didnt solve issue , theyve currently got another mech unit attatched to my box and they think theyve sold it , just waiting for 100% confirmation and if it is ill be paying the price of the mech unit - what i paid for the refurb

And dannyT in 1st 3rd and 5th when the box is cold and im cruising at a constant speed the revs bounce up and down 200rpm only in these gears , also gear changes onto the clutch or sloppy compared to a change onto the even gears
Old 06-12-2018, 12:51   #6
sbn1979
Hi

Car: Evo 6 Tommi Mak
My Car
So you’ll be paying twice for the mech unit? Just to confirm?
sbn1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 13:39   #7
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
Oh yeah I remember discussing your SST rev flare issues with plip over in your technical issues thread now. Hopefully if the other mechatronic unit they have in at the moment has solved the issue and they stick a new one in then that should be an end to the saga as it's been going on quite a while now.
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 19:11   #8
EvoXpee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbn1979 View Post
So you’ll be paying twice for the mech unit? Just to confirm?
No when the box was rebuilt a year ago the mech unit was refurbed which cost me £250
So ill be paying the price of a new unit take away the £250 id paid for the refurb
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: