Lancer Register Forum banner

Who got black flagged then,own up.

42K views 105 replies 23 participants last post by  Unobtainium 
#1 ·
I had a go in the sin bin myself :eek:

I was quite amazed how i managed to get myself put in it purely by getting rammed by Knoxville and managing to keep control of my car and not loose track position:crackup:

Maybe next time i get shunted ill just let it go and see what it crashes into:eek:

So come on lets have us a list of sinners.:smthumbup

1 Me:D

#3 ·
I thought I had been twice.

The first time i had a marshall pointing and waving at me after the flag/incident in front of mr and I did a whole next lap slowly and went the pits to find out that I actually hadn't been.

The second time the Marshall was clearly pointing at me but when I pitted I was told it meant to be different car.

The first time I lost about five laps, the second they put out a red flag the next lap to correct the error and bring you all in.

Ruddy marshalls!!!

#5 ·
I had a go in the sin bin myself :eek:

I was quite amazed how i managed to get myself put in it purely by getting rammed by Knoxville and managing to keep control of my car and not loose track position:crackup:

Maybe next time i get shunted ill just let it go and see what it crashes into:eek:

So come on lets have us a list of sinners.:smthumbup

1 Me:D
The camera doesn't lie Liam, have a look HERE :D

#13 ·
Defence,what defence,you can clearly see i was ****ted a couple of times by your driver whos name i shant mention but it rhymes with Navin and begins with a G;);).

I may have been carving cars up left right and center but did you see me ram one of the track,did ya,did ya:rolleyes:

And for those i did side swipe it was only side to side when i was going round the inside on a bend,and i always had my hand up in apology before i touched them,but im damned if i will ever slow down:crackup::crackup:

And i left the mystery machine alone , even when squeezing through gaps that were just big enough;)

I am a forgiving person so im only joshing,**** happens and i still had a bloody good crack:smthumbup:smthumbup

#30 ·
One of our drivers in our No 11 car (grey Lancer) got Sin binned for 5 mins when we were in 3rd place :( lolol That buggered up our place on the leaderboard good & proper!

#37 ·
I had to duck and dive to get past the slow ones mate;);)

Im gonna be on your team next year,for two reasons,

1 Youre as brutal as me on a track:coolsm:
2 You cant ram me off the track if im in the same team:crackup::crackup:

#65 · (Edited)
Well I thought every minute of the day was a blast...

Even in practice when General laim took out half our car i was laughing about it. a scooby fella came up to me and said "what happened there" i explained that General liams car had bumped out half our car and proceeded to laugh when he replyed "well you want to be more carefull because you gave us a little bump" He didnt wait for an awnser, he just turned around and walked away.

Then when it was my turn to drive in the race there was a red flag and another scooby driver shouted at me through the window "you want to look where your going before you pull across" i just started laughing.

The day was a right laugh, i didnt drive into anyone on purpose and will be doing this next year for definate.

Id hate to think about dealing with subaru owners if i was to start Impreza Breakers, i thought you lot were bad enough :)

#77 ·
Yup, recognised you as Mikes crewman :D

I felt gutted that within 5 minutes of my first driving stint i got T boned by a shark and lost a driveshaft and lower arm, poor nick hadnt had a drive at that point :(

Thanks to General Liam we eventually got back out.

#79 ·
TBH this is the first time I've looked at this thread, and it makes sad reading when you get into it..

The event is a 'fun' event - it was never intended to be a 'them against us' event, or an event that started any inter-club rivalry, but it seems to be heading that way and fast. Friendly banter is to be expected, but this seems to be a little more.

As I stated on Scoobynet re: confrontation-
that is not allowed.. any discussions will be had by us in future. It is a 'fun' event..... that's the whole reason we do it, and invited you lot along We don't 'do' confrontation at our events, please bear that in mind..
The event was marshalled by the circuit - and if they had a problem, they flagged it. It was run by us - and if we had a problem we flagged it. We are known throughout the Jap Car community for being fair at out events, and running them well. I would like to think that we work hard at keeping that reputation up. We run more than just this event for others to take part in, and in every circumstance we run them fairly and without any bias towards our members or friends.

If we can't run this event without it turning into an all our war between the clubs - I personally would want no part of it, and neither would more than one or two of the other people that make this event work.

I have made some friends over 'on the other side' and I would rather keep them as friends and just bump into them at events, rather than end up with the 'them and us' attitude that some seem to be taking here.

It has taken a great deal of work to brake down the barriers between clubs - when I first came to the MLR all those years ago - inter-club rivalry was horrible, that changed for the better with a lot of work by a lot of people - and the knowledge that at the end of the day, we are all Jap car people. If this is going to start to change back to the bad old days because of events that we are all in attendance at - that would be a terrible thing, and I personally (and most of the people I know) would never want it to go back to that.

#83 · (Edited)
Did I miss something? :confused:

When did it get nasty?

My interpretation is that both clubs had a great time, had a lot of fun and are very thankful to the organisers for putting on such an event.

The only negativity I picked up on was towards Gav and a bit of enthusiastic "rubbing" :lol: Surely that's part of what the MLR500 is all about?! If you can get away with it without a black flag then fair play. After all, where else can you drive like that? It's part of the attraction and spirit of what makes the event.

Chell I would finish by saying that yes it's all supposed to be a bit of fun but I think you're asking the impossible for Scooby owners to get on with Evo owners 100%. There is always going to be that bitter rivalry at every level and there are always going to be people who take things too seriously.

It's best to ignore the small negativities and concentrate on majority opinion which was MLR500 '10 was a success and most can't wait for the next one!

PS - Bring on the argie bargie! :naughty:

TBH this is the first time I've looked at this thread, and it makes sad reading when you get into it..

The event is a 'fun' event - it was never intended to be a 'them against us' event, or an event that started any inter-club rivalry, but it seems to be heading that way and fast. Friendly banter is to be expected, but this seems to be a little more.

As I stated on Scoobynet re: confrontation-
that is not allowed.. any discussions will be had by us in future. It is a 'fun' event..... that's the whole reason we do it, and invited you lot along We don't 'do' confrontation at our events, please bear that in mind..
The event was marshalled by the circuit - and if they had a problem, they flagged it. It was run by us - and if we had a problem we flagged it. We are known throughout the Jap Car community for being fair at out events, and running them well. I would like to think that we work hard at keeping that reputation up. We run more than just this event for others to take part in, and in every circumstance we run them fairly and without any bias towards our members or friends.

If we can't run this event without it turning into an all our war between the clubs - I personally would want no part of it, and neither would more than one or two of the other people that make this event work.

I have made some friends over 'on the other side' and I would rather keep them as friends and just bump into them at events, rather than end up with the 'them and us' attitude that some seem to be taking here.

It has taken a great deal of work to brake down the barriers between clubs - when I first came to the MLR all those years ago - inter-club rivalry was horrible, that changed for the better with a lot of work by a lot of people - and the knowledge that at the end of the day, we are all Jap car people. If this is going to start to change back to the bad old days because of events that we are all in attendance at - that would be a terrible thing, and I personally (and most of the people I know) would never want it to go back to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.