Lancer Register Forum banner

Google Cloud Migration - UPDATE

8K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  will2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Due to the ongoing issues with the Google Cloud migration, we will be moving the site back to its former server to restore features/images.

This should correct the ongoing issues that have plagued the site since last week.

We will revisit the migration of the site to Google Cloud when we can correct all the documented bugs on a test server. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

UPDATE:
There where some issues with the sync last night so we will be exploring other options and updating you guys once we have more details.

Thank you
Community Support

#2 ·
Hello all,

Due to the ongoing issues with the Google Cloud migration, we will be moving the site back to its former server to restore features/images.

This should correct the ongoing issues that have plagued the site since last week.

We will revisit the migration of the site to Google Cloud when we can correct all the documented bugs on a test server. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

This migration will occur at 9 PM EST 1/3/2018.

Thank you
Community Support
Brilliant:smthumbup

#11 ·
Still can't upload pics on manage attachments. File too big again.
No photos on my threads yet :handsup:
Sorry guys, there was a sync issue and was unable to convert. We are still investigating and will update with a solution ASAP.

The infinite monkey theorem is that if you get enough monkeys sitting in a room with typewriters for an infinite amount of time eventually they will write the plays of William Shakespeare.
It seems that VS haven't yet got enough monkeys sitting in the room trying to sort out the MLR forum issues!
You know how expensive monkeys are, plus all the bananas they go through?

Jeff M

#17 · (Edited)
There were previously limits for attachment file size, which werent so restictive. I have no idea what they were, but these limits seem to have changed, making uploading attachments a bit hit and miss. Not sure if its the 1200 max width shown for Jpeg and jpg shown in Mita's attachment above, as well as the lower filesize for other types, I also suspect the max filesize of 4.77MB maybe bigger than things were previously

Im not sure on this but guess its something easily checked and changed

Maybe not afterall, searched past posts trying to find width and height limits and they haven't changed

Stu

#18 ·
There is a plugin we can add that will re size the attachements so you can upload big right from your phone and it will resize a large thumbnail to not break the page formatting. I will look into this after the big stuff is out of the way.
-Philip

#26 · (Edited)
  • http://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_membershipdetails.php - This is still being worked on. Its been escalated to our developers to get this talking to the site again.
  • Image attachment auto resizing is still being worked on as well. I opened a ticket for this today.
  • The Registry is fixed, please confirm if you can if anything is still missing or not working there.

-Philip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.