Lancer Register Forum banner

Basic map/Upgrade question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Evo6er 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Evo 8 340MR which is standard apart from Mushroom HKS filter, Decat and Russ Fellows stainless exhaust.
I would like to increase power but safely. So am looking at 3 port boost solenoid and remap to go to around 380 ish installed at Evotune who I think are a very good/trustworthy place.

Question is - In the opinion of those who have done power upgrades,will the standard car/engine/turbo etc be ok with this or should I really look at upgrading other things too?
Car has been used properly but also looked after properly and has done just over 40k. I don't want to push it but do feel it would benefit from a little more power when comparing to the newer more powerful cars of today.

Any thoughts welcome please...........

cheers

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.
I forgot to say originally, NR Autosport put an uprated pump in a while ago during the car being set up and serviced by them so at least that bit is done.
I agree on Evotune - they serviced the car this year so am not worried about their knowledge etc, I just always value the opinion of users etc too. Cheers

#4 ·
I would think that remapping to around 1.7/1,8 bar with those mods would give you the extra power you're looking for and should be pretty safe as long as it's mapped by someone who knows what they're doing, and I believe Evotune are a top place to have it done.

If you really wanted to play it safe then you could always get your car forged (rod-job or drop-in) as well but that would cost quite a bit more and obviously wouldn't give you any power gains...though it would allow you to go for more power in the future if you ever wanted to..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.