Lancer Register Forum banner

Totally Gutted

14K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ChrisW! 
#1 ·
We had the ideal car for the 2010 mlr500, but due to being so busy promoting a new company and working on customers cars, the car ended up being stuck at the back of the workshop and forgotten about until Thursday evening.
The team worked on the car until 10pm and called it a night.
Friday evening came and all that was left to do was weld a plate where the sunroof used to be, fit the extinguisher and refit the dashboard.
So sunroof done and extinguisher sorted, we fitted the dash, started the car and....................no power feed!

To cut a very very very long story short somehow the sealed unit fuse board that supplies the dash had shorted and was blowing fuses like nobodies business.
We tried tapping in to pin 66 on the ecu and running a feed direct but it was no good.
We even had a qualified physicist with electronics modules to his name have a look at it, he left at 12am with no luck.
At 5am, 1 hour before we were due to leave for the mlr, we decided to call it a day :smthumbdo

#3 ·
It sounds like we did mate, the whole team was absolutely heartbroken.
We tried our best, but without spare parts it was a lost cause.
We even tried to find another car at 11pm just in case we couldn't fix it. We found a Colt, 2 hrs south of nottingham, belonging to a mate of Miller_63's and he said we could of had it, if he wasn't on his way to edinburgh with the keys in his pocket, he did say that we could hotwire it if we could get past the immobiliser, but we didn't fancy the 2 hour trip down there, breaking into a car on someone else's drive at 2am and then having to explain to the police what we were doing!

#4 ·
I have been too disheartned even to look at MLR500 threads.....slowly coming round.

Chris....we need to store the car somewhere for next year.....get it sorted. Cant believe how I felt when we had to call it off. I got to bed at 5.30am and couldnt sleep i was that gutted.

The pictures and stories now coming out of it arent helping....

anyone got a 7G Galant fuse board and dash pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

#11 ·
Gutted for you guys - though you are ahead of most for next year!! :thumbup: Sounds like you did everything humanly possible to get it going.

We (the girls) had last year's winning Colt & she sat outside all year - through all the snow & freezing temperatures. :D

All we had to do was put a new battery on to hear her roar back into life.

Find a nice quiet corner, tarp her up & start work earlier than 2 days before next time! See you next year. :smthumbup

#18 ·
oh you know us sooooo well! :smthumbup

Three days of looking, lots of bargains, even if we don't need them, and we ALWAYS end up back in the first shop we looked in!! :lol::lol::lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.