evo 5 on apexi fc hand comander dead???not starting - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 16-09-2020, 14:50   #1
JDM-R38
Junior User

evo 5 on apexi fc hand comander dead???not starting

hi folks, new to this so bare with me.evo 5 been sitting a bit and wont start?first question and yes its a stupid one since ive not driven ma evo for 5 years.should i hear the fuel pump when turning ignition on?if so i dont. there is power at the pump . had the pump out and checked it its working.what relay switches the power?there is no spark either.i have this feeling that its the ecu,but not wanting to start buying parts that are not needed.does anyone local have a ecu to try.?checked all fuses .not tested relays properly tbh,but it was running when parked up.hand comander not lighting up thats why am thinking ecu.any help would be greatly appreciated.also trying to find out what this relay does..521A043 it was next to the ecu..thanks
JDM-R38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-09-2020, 15:15   #2
grants
Senior User

My Car
Check the 100 Amp, bolt in fuse under the bonnet ?

I think there is a large white/red wire attached

grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 15:28   #3
JDM-R38
Junior User

good man.was blowin...replaced it thinking that would be it .there is power at both sides on the big fuses at battery.there is no battery light on dash also,which was there now its off again.doin ma head in.any ideas? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-09-2020, 16:06   #4
grants
Senior User

My Car
Oops! someone tried using jump leads/pack and got the polarity wrong and a fusible resistor fused

Normally repairable

Where are you located?

Grant
grants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 16:45   #5
evo_luver
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 5 GSR with fully forged engine and lots of other toys, view my car for all the details.
My Car
Could be as simple as a bad earth, happened to mine recently and had same symptoms- re-did tye earths, hey presto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Regional Organiser (RO) for South Wales

Understeer: the front of the car hits the wall, oversteer: the rear of the car hits the wall, horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, torque: how far the wall moves
evo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 20:35   #6
JDM-R38
Junior User

Hey man located in Stirling area Scotland. Where is the fusible resistor?started cleaning all earths and adding additional ones today still no joy..the earths where are they ?nit familiar with the lingo .thanks lads
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: