Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 Poor Running

739 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pmugabi 
#1 ·
A good friend of mine has bought himself an Evo 6, but it's not running right.
Here is what he's said:

Ive got an issue with my 6 gsr.
Eml is on and its hunting, struggling to tick over and chucking out black smoke when i try to rev it.
I bought the car with this issue 7 weeks ago. The eml has gone off a couple of times and the car drove lovely but not for long.
Did a code read by bridging 1 & 4 in the obd socket. Gave me codes 12, 13 and 25.
Airflow sensor, intake air temp sensor and barometric pressure sensor.
I tried 2 different maf's on it to no avail.
Due to having just bought the car i wanted to service it properly anyway so ive fitted hks cam and balance belts, rollers, tensioner, Auxiliary belt, crank sensor, plugs (bpr8es), sfs silicon boost hoses, sfs silcon coolant hoses, mishimoto ali rad, motul engine, diff, gearbox and transfer box oils, ayc fluid.
Ive also fitted a 3" downpipe and a decat as well.
The car came from SVA originally and had their 350bhp conversion done so fuel pump, 3 port boost solenoid, bpr8es plugs, evo 8 actuator, hks mushroom filter and remap. It also has a tomei recirc valve.
It is no different after replacing everything that i have to when i got it.
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
I was going to try cam sensor amd the recirc valve next. Other than that im at a dead end.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem, or what he can try next?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.