Lancer Register Forum banner

The last MLR magazine

12K views 119 replies 56 participants last post by  146732 
#1 ·
After 21 years of writing, editing and publishing 88 issues of the MLR magazine in all it's guises (62 copies of Wastegate Chatter and 26 copies of evolution), from the very first photocopied version in 1997 to seeing it evolve into the magazine it is today - including a stint of being on the WHSmiths bookshelves - I'm sorry to report that Issue 26 of evolution will be the last, as it's simply no longer economic to produce now.

After the recent change to an online only membership we've understandably seen the numbers whose 'full membership' that included the magazine decline over the last 10 months. This is why I introduced the separate annual subscription in the Shop, but subscriptions have been extremely low rather than 1000+ needed to continue - hence this decision... and one of the reasons I wanted to include every Evo generation and the Lancer Turbo in Issue 26, which I'm pleased to say has been successful albeit a struggle!

I accept there are a number of you who have subscribed who are expecting future issues, and I will write to all of you who are owed issues to offer either a refund or copies of earlier issues you may not have, so please keep an eye on your Inbox.

I'm sorry for the disappointing news, but trust you understand the reason behind the decision. When I started the magazine in 1997 I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be produced for so long and at the quality we've managed to achieve, so although I accept that all good things come to an end, I'm personally very proud all 88 issues over the 21 years. Who'd have thought it was possible?!

See less See more
#5 ·
I may only be a relatively recent addition to the club, however it's clear to see the amount of work that you have put into the magazine (not to mention all the other areas of the MLR) over the years. The quality of the magazines has been excellent so many thanks to yourself and all the other contributors.

It's a shame to see it come to an end (although it was always going to be inevitable once Mitsubishi stopped making the Evo), however it's certainly something you can look back on with pride.

#12 ·
Sadly missed but yet another nail in the MLR coffin.

#15 ·
Sad times Darin, thank you for such a good mag and club over the years I’ve had some great times in my life being part of this club

All the best for the future :smthumbup

#18 ·
As a relative new comer to the mlr it's such a crying shame but always going to happen ,the magazine was absolute quality in every way but Facebook and the likes have taken over its progress but very sad .
Been part of many car forums in the past the mlr was always the very best but as the cars diminish it's unavoidable things like forums and magazines follow suit .long live the evo crying shame about the magazine and the forum.

#19 ·
Darin,

Can you tell me if i get a copy as part of my current membership window.

Thanks

Reactions: plip1953
#26 ·
Very sad news this. But remember guys it's us the members that make this forum what it is and not VS. If we the members continue to contribute then the forum should survive. Tell me where else can you get the wealth of experience, knowledge and good honest banter.
Once it's gone it's gone, so let's not let VS screw this up.

Massive thanks to Darin and let's not forget Michelle for everything they have done for the MLR.
Wishing you all the very best Darin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.