Lancer Register Forum banner

Nothing to see here anymore

9K views 121 replies 54 participants last post by  Mita 
#1 ·
Is it me, or is this forum slowly dying. I pop in and out and it seems there is very little to see here anymore. It's a bit sad really.

#10 ·
The trouble is that the "Evolution" has stopped. Mitsi called a halt to producing what some might say was the one of the best homologation specials.

The cars have aged, values are holding or going up and polishing is becoming preferable to using the cars to their full potential.

The feed of each evolution model fed the forum/club and its activities.:smthumbup

Having said that, after about 10 years of evo ownership I still find myself taking a look at the forum a few times a week.:D

#12 ·
agree,

this used to be by far the busiest forums that I went on, if I had not logged on all day and clicked new posts it would be 8+pages, now its 3

But yes, traffic is generated by users, but some users who used to be thread starters or posters have left or some even plagued to the point they dont bother anymore

regional organisers have dropped off too

FB groups also take a lot of traffic as people are usually on there anyway so that now become a source to quickly vent out

#22 · (Edited)
I think some of the problem is people are getting a bit too sensitive, and therefore they have become scared to post. Personally I think it's fantastic, and a great place for info etc. I think we're in a transitional phase, I think numbers will drop. But the long term true enthusiasts will remain. Let's be honest, there's no avoiding the value thing at present. That's basically ****ed everything up, once that hopefully pops, things may calm a bit. I'm all for people not losing money or making money on their Evo's if that's their thing. But as said before, people who own them but don't want to use them in fear of losing money on them is so gutting. Anyway each to their own.

Edit to add - I haven't noticed a drop off in people on line looking at the forum, so it's not like the people aren't looking, they just aren't posting...

#24 ·
This slowdown ( i dare not say demise ,its not that! )is not unique to MLR , its happened over the last couple of years to all traditional forums /sites ..
2 factors come to mind :
Facebook groups regarding everything and anything (including Evos) have grown exponentially from none to myriad/legion today ....
Other big factor , maybe tad more relevant to my realm,was/is the incessant punishment we all suffered after the great financial bubble burst ....folk had to sell up expensive Evos to make ends meet ....or just couldn't afford all these meets/track days /sprints/continuous mods/builds etc ....so folk drifted away from the scene ( not sideways like a datsun :rolleyes: )
Yet the fact the MLR HAS survived the onslaught of facebook's many Evo based groups is testament to its sound foundations and honorable mantle !
Yes , i do miss the good old days when it was thronged ...and alot of great characters have moved on ....but its better to have loved and lost than not at all ....least that pish head with the weird threads is gone ...:rolleyes:
Having Rose tinted glasses are fine n dandy mr Wellground , mourn not ...fear not ....rekindle ones OWN memories of how it was ...and relive it all again sifting through the many classic threads that MLR has gifted us :)

#25 ·
Well ive been and off over the past 11yrs and i havnt noticed any difference and another FACT if you put into google and search anything to do with Evos nearly always its the MLR at the top of the list not facebook etc.What im saying is if i want to know something i might google it first and it automaticly takes me onto the MLR .

#29 ·
I am ONLY on this forum as a :mitsi: enthusiast owner :handsup:
Still the Best Evo forum.
I don't have a Facebook account or Twitter. NOW THAT IS FULL OF SNIPING! Oh and Uncle Trump or Steven Fry. Plus lots of stuff I'd need to filter out the rubbish

Enjoy this vid those of you that 'DO' Social media.

Love this forum - people just need to feel the love and not treat it like other social media and get a sense of humour or just not be rude/take offence.

It will all be OK in 2018 once we can get some more meets and events going again. :smthumbup

#33 ·
Does the forum not usually get a bit quieter at this time of year when the polishers retreat into their heated, air conditioned carcoons with their trickle chargers to hide from the salt and rain?

Seriously though I agree with VI Shooter in that the forum is much more preferable to Facebook/Twitter in that the information you can get on here is much more accessible and I suspect much more likely to be correct (also I can't stand Facebook :D ).

#35 ·
I do my best but we need others to put up their projects and track videos:

770bhp per tonne

Kenny1 at Blyton in a Ginetta G40

1000kg Evo 5RS at MG Autos

Omega designs does Blyton Park Eastern Circuit

Croft Time Attack in the Omega Evo

Omega Designs Evo 7 Test day @ Croft

Omega Evo 7 does Javelin sprint @ Blyton

Donnington Park Time Attack Pro Class Lap Record

Cadwell Park Trackday with Kenny 2016

I think I'm in big trouble....

There's oads of others but unfortunately now photobucket has gone to the dogs it makes me not want to post anymore. I use dropbox to host images and it's a right ballache.

Here's some videos from some threads with lots of great pictures spoiled by broken photobucket links:

#36 ·
Where has Aidy gone?

He commented on every post, had an opinion on everything and was never wrong :lol::lol::lol: Made some interesting and amusing reading :mhihi:

I try and log on every day, but it is def a lot quiet on here which is a shame.

FB, Instagram, snapchat etc etc will have a big effect as people can get their 'forum fix' in so many other ways :handsup:

Kev :smthumbup

#42 ·
He comes and goes, depends if he is in prison at the time, the internet is not always good in there! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.