Lancer Register Forum banner

I don't feel too old for my evo now

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  will2 
#1 ·
Well, lately I've been feeling a bit too old to be driving a loud evo.
Been considering even selling. Wouldn't drive it with family to holidays in Whitby.
Getting a bit sick of the attention, most cars always pushing you, even vans.
Sometimes you just want to chill.
Something weird happened this evening , took it to the next big village from me , bit of a holiday spot for city People, area of outstanding natural beauty, and even better roads!
Was getting a kebab and supply of Stella, seen this elderly gentleman looking at my evo from over the road, thought nothing of it , then he started to walk over.
Hi , what size engine, ect he asked, walking round the car saying it was amazing.
Look at the size of the exhaust. Brembos he pointed out.
Quizzing me on engine size and how many cylinders , I told him it was pushing out 380bhp.
He couldn't believe it. We are stood there talking and his daughter and grandson stood there with their take away grub complaining come on. He wasn't budging!
Then he tells me he's just bought a Kia stinger , think it was 3.3 V6 twin turbo.
Brand new. I asked his age politely and he replied ancient, but he was definitely in his seventies. Tells me he,s only had it two months . I asked him if he's had fast cars before and he said no , said to me seems everyone is getting SUV,s and he said f*ck that.
Daughter and grandson still standing waiting !! Then he gets his phone out and shows me his pictures of his pride and joy. Telling me he's only done 2000 miles .
Then tells me a story of when he over took a jag at 120mph!!
What a lovely guy he was , just shows you age is definitely just a number!
I felt like a young un driving home at the age of 46!!
Just thought I'd share this little moment:smthumbup

See less See more
#2 ·
He! I am 52 and know how to push a car and road raced bikes for years and it ****es me off when people say 'Act your age' What does that mean. I come back and my alcon discs are blue and because some 'wee man' who hasn't or couldn't drive :D thinks they have something to say because they have no ability :goingmad: I was sitting in the garage tonight and a bloke came up behind me and wrote my reg down he was in a van, on a piece off paper whats that all about. Or that's what it looked like. People just don't like people who have got more than them even though they worked had for it. It ****es me off Human nature :goingmad: Has anyone had people cause problems for them for no reason:handsup:

#9 · (Edited)
It's not just that, too many people now days think there unofficial police officers. I have said for a while it's a matter of time before one of these type of people end up getting hurt by sticking there nose in with the wrong people or person and especially those who put dash cam footage up of people driving. Leave the police work to the police.

I know people who if someone came over writing the number plate down would have gone mad at the person and probably attacked them. Although they look like the sort of people who would do that too so the interfering so and so probably wouldn't have done it. You probably look like a harmless person so they feel happy to meddle which in my book is wrong. If you won't do it to the big skin head with battle scars round his head who looks like he eats small children for breakfast don't do it to someone who looks placid.

A few years ago on my super bike I came through a village. There's a hair pin bend and houses on it. You can not go faster than 30 round if you try and it's in a 30 zone so no speeding necessary.
But an old man obviously annoyed annoy all the bikes and cars going through there must have heard me coming and decided he had enough of bikes and cars spoiling his peace. Even though no law breaking was going on.
So as I come into the bend about to turn in when he jumps out from the hedge row of his garden into the middle of my lane shouting and going mad and hold a pair of garden sheers!!!! The ones with blades about a foot and a half long and they were open in a X shape. Perfect for taking my head off at the neck if I hit him.
I had a fraction of a second to decide do I hit him and probably get impaled on the sheers or have my head took off by them or swerve into the oncoming lane and take the hair pin bend in the on coming lane.

There was no cars so I took the gamble and luckily nothing came round the bend. I thought for a second about going back and having words with him because I was so angry. But 1 I knew I would beat him half to death for nearly deliberately trying to kill me. And 2 I think he realised as soon as he stepped in the road what a mistake he had made because he went white and his face dropped.
Part of me still wishes I had gone back though because it was one of the stupidest most dangerous things I have ever seen. And had I come off and got hurt or died he would have been in a world of trouble legally and my family would have not been pleased with him to say the least. Read into that what you will.
But point is these self appointed wana be police officers put them selves in harms way sometimes and risk injuring others too at times. Leave it to the trained professionals. You don't know who people are what there history is or even if they look harmless who there friends or family are. Thre police have this sort of information like police records, experience and training and back up. That's why they don't endorse have a go hero's so why do these people seem to be getting more and more. If someone reading this is one of them people, seriously get a hobby because your life must be so dull if that's the best you have to do. Your only hear once and your wasting your time worrying what others are doing and if you enjoy policing go join the police properly and do it legally and safely. Sorry rant over.lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
No-one cause problems for them :angel: A bloke came up to me while I was waiting for a pressure wash underneath and said if youdrive past my house like that again there wont be a second time. I recongised him as a problem and know him as a drunk driver and banned so give him a hiding so as not to show. Police turned up at my house to arrest me but ended taking a statement of me and cut a long story short the pps dropped the charges as no evidence. This was because I am x military and he is a Nationist Don't take **** of anyone as in school as in life there is bullies throughout life who have nothing else better to do than pick on someone else. As in the film Quote I will be your Huckleberry :D And people who say Be careful this is a open forum, give me a break:goingmad:

#13 ·
I was at the post office in Swansea getting my R1 taxed and it was on double yellows but tight to the curb and a bloke comes over and takes my number right in front off me, a wee man, so I asked what the f*** hes doing. He said he seen me speeding on the duel carriage way last night. I am 6'2" so took a deep breath and called him a few names and said report me that reg is false and smacked him one in the face and got on the bike all the time wearing my helmet and drove off and turned around and followed him up the duel carriageway and passed him on the back wheel:naughty: Why don't people mind there own dam business.
Because they are wa###rs

#18 · (Edited)
You think you guys have it bad. Try coming to the USA. I live in Seattle.. the passive aggressive capitol of the world. I have a 2015 Evo X MR in Apex Silver. Tinted windows like the FQ series over there, mud flaps, sat nav and side wind deflectors. It looks pretty cool and subtle in it's ability to squash most other cars on the road here. But I tell you this.. I get pushed, shoved.. raced, cut off.. given the finger, even WA State Patrol hate this car. I smoked an unmarked patrol a few weeks ago. He was so ****ed. Came up with a plethora of excuses... I said.. "have you finished having your temper tantrum, or do you need your diapers changing?" Well... I had to hire an attorney after that. Court date in August. Outcome.. TDB.
Now.. just to set the back story.. I lived in the UK for 25 years and trained with John Lyon at HPC. Got my Honors and Silver before leaving in 2003 to come to back home to the Colony's. What a mistake. I should have stayed in the old country. At HPC standard, I can decimate any law enforcement officer on any back roads here. Their training is dismal considering they are supposed to be the elite of US law enforcers. Any way, I digress.
My point is our cars.. and STI's..are the last of the old breed. I don't think I have ever seen so much hate piled on these cars. It really makes me regret buying it. My life is a constant test of my patience on the road and I try to remember how lucky I am to own this car.. yet at the same time.. the only way to be left alone is to stick to 55, and not attempt to over take any one. And if you do.. you better be prepared to make the jump to light speed and leave vapor trails. No quarter must be given. No doubt and one must be resolute in the determination to humiliate all the guilty party's... all sense of one's own guilt of smoking any one must be checked at the door. Because if you let up for an instant.. God help you. You better make sure they lose visual line of sight with you. And then.. pull off fast at the next exit and take a breather. Because just a half a mile up the road, unmarked patrols will be waiting. And then all the idiots you smoked get nailed coming through the speed traps. You think I jest. I did just this and watched the may hem ensue.
I really do not know what to do any more. My car is still new.. 9,000 miles on the clock and already I'm looking at new M3s. But then I climb back into the drivers seat of the Evo.. and turn it over.. and that low decibel rumble ignites the air.. and I realize how ****ing cool this car is. Oh.. and by the way.. I'm 53 :)

#15 ·
when i drove my 6rs down the road very slowly a old lady started shouting and waveing her rain stick at me :rotz: i thought to myself,speeding or even looking like you have a car that looks fast...people hate it..why...1-jealous...?
2-maybe its not the car and just my ugly face....when i see that old rat bag woman...gonna offer her a lift and take her for a death run.....ipeople hate ours cars as there fast,look mean and they think :angel: why have a car like that,well i say **** that.....i remember a massive group of bikers used a dual carriage for meeting up on sunday and showing off R1'S AND OTHER BIKE'S
police hated them..locals hated them :eek: why ? i heard one old boy started to put oil around the roundabout :eek: well mlr mambers drive your evo's hard before the big bang ? electric !! im 49 years old by the way

#21 ·
Surround yourself by old men who drink whiskey and build and race V8 muscle cars.
You will be amazed how quick some of them are, even in the 125 go cart and the 250cc twin superkart....

#28 ·
I don't give **** what people think or how loud my car is.....I simply give them the finger and shout them down in their face at the lights.
Ive had an x now an import 7 of the 2 the 7 is more angry i smoke it were i can and drive normally im 40 but dont give a **** what people think im superior in every way dont let sub humans ruin your drive or day ...........always remember violence is a means to an end .
:crackup::smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.