Lancer Register Forum banner

What did you do to your evo today?

740K views 5K replies 638 participants last post by  FRPOOR 
#1 ·
Hi. I was looking for this forums 'what have you done today' thread and couldn't find it, so I can only assume there isn't one? It's always nice to have somewhere to show off them little things you're proud of so I thought I'd start one. Hopefully it takes off :)

Nothing particularly special from me today, I just drove to get my AYC fixed (at last!) and then when I got home couldn't resist giving her a good hand wash to get all of tht motorway grit and sh!t off. It was a tad chilly but totally worth it :)

See less See more
#3,814 ·
Stripping and building today.

Stripping door cards down for trimming. The plastic pieces on the door and dash have been painted to match the Rays Hyper Blue wheels, same as the JRM cage. The Blue makes a nice contrast against the flocked dash which is getting built back up. Start button fitted where the *** lighter usually is and RaceCapture was fitted in the little cubby hole.

#3,822 ·
Finally ....have this bugger connected up today ( dodgy wiring issues )

But hadn't found the oem stereo brackets until late this eve to fit it properly ..and had to buy a working mic for phone usage +new sheephone charger exclusive for silverness ...

A mini "car bits shed" clear out ensued which may result in a bigger one tomorrow :angel:
Wonder will i refit silver fastness surround again as carbon wrap is getting abused looking ;)

Soon it will need a good machine polish n spruce up for next weekends rally ...so that i can cover it in mud :confused::crackup:

#3,825 ·
Stage 3 of ze tunes fitment debacle :D

Turned out the mic i bought yesterday was too big at jack end , so nipped down to get adapter .

I hate electrons :frust:

USB be grand there :D

Lightness or back to the speed spec of old ...

Ah ...damn safetyness spec ...will sort by grounding the headunit wire thats for handbrake switch later date :angel:

Washed the Evo :rolleyes:

Drained electrons again oops :mhihi:

Time for recharging n vtec yo

#3,829 ·
Got booked in for a map check and tweak following the various parts that I've changed due to failure over the last few months:

Coil Packs
Turbo Actuator
VTA Blitz Dump Valve to Evo 9 metal record valve

Boost is peaking a little high, so just having it all checked and tweaked.

Looking forward to the drive back from Indigo on 21st May :handsups

#3,838 ·
Nowt really ....put my back out in work tuesday but have to soldier on best i can ....and im going away friday late afternoon for weekend Rally of the Lakes Killarney :eek:
Car not washed /polished and empty tank /flat battery .....least ive my touchscreen pioneer for phone /handsfree usage 12 years later :mhihi:
Dreading the back spasms in the bucket seat :blush:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.