Lancer Register Forum banner

Sorry guys and gals.........

4K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  mary-jane08 
#1 · (Edited)
So after selling my 6 in April this year due to the dreaded rot........ I had been unsuccessful trying to find a good clean example of any evo from 5 onwards in my budget. Prices are just getting a bit silly even for rough examples......

Last Saturday went a walk down to my local village on route to the play park with my daughters and noticed this old chap pulling a car out of his garage which caught my eye. After having a brief chat and a fast play at the play park I went back down that evening a struck a deal for this.......(be gentle:handsup:)

Fantastic deal I got for this...... totally standard, full service history, 50k miles on it, just had major service inc brakes and 4 brand new tyres. I am led to believe its the last of the proper Subaru's and the engine that you want. Also being a wide track model with dccd etc etc it seems these are also creeping up in the crazy car market at the moment.

Don't worry tho I will be back in a evo at some point but have to say the drive of this car is fantastic so may hold onto it for a bit.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
''Tis a good choice. I weighed up a scooby before the evo and you are correct the wrx sti with dccd is regarded as the last of the proper scoobys due to the 2 litre engine in your car being swapped for a 2.5 in the later models.
Cheers buddy. To be honest I didn't really research them that much it was more of a spur of the moment type purchase. Just need to try and get to know them a bit better.

#8 ·
Looks good

Nice in black, not a fan of the gold wheels but never have been :)

Ssoc isn't a bad club to join either :)
If I were to change one thing it would be the wheel colour. Maybe do them in the speed line corsa grey but then it wouldn't be standard and that seems to be the in thing at the moment. Suppose they could be changed back.:smthumbup

#10 ·
Very nice car, wheels look fine with that car, 54 plate seems early for the wide track, could be a private plate ? If you have a rear wiper, you have the boss, dccd, equal length headers, twin scroll turbo, stronger internals, [Jap Model] a lot quicker than the UKSpec which needed the PPP [Prodrive Performance Pack] [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
It's as clean as a whistle underneath. There's 2 receipts one from new getting cavity waxed and undersealed then about 2 years ago a full under body clean and a top up of cavity wax and under seal. Was under it with a fine tooth comb after what happened with my 6. Some people can be very clever with underseal.:wallbang:

#21 ·
Car really drives faultlessly. Its very tight and precise. I would agree it's a lot more comfortable than my 6 but doesn't have that grin factor of you never know what's coming next. Will Defo be holding on to it for a while. A few cosmetics to be done but apart from that it's straight and true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.