Midlife Crisis? - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 18-05-2019, 17:29   #1
paulclark
User

Midlife Crisis?

Is that what this is?

I joined the group in 2011- 2012 for a short period of time when I had a bright yellow FQ 300. It was a immaculate car and at first standard to the point of it being an FQ. Shortly after owning it for a few month it was into Evotune and Jamie for a stage 1 set-up. He never had the rolling road then so not sure what the BHP was but it felt rapid after the tune. Then the kids started popping out and the car had to go in exchange for practicality and push chairs.

7 years later I'm back again with the EVO bug. I have always been a fan of Japanese cars, Evo's, Subaru's, Supra's and Skylines from 80's, 90's and 00's. I have owned a Hawkey and Bugeye STI, R32 GTR and the Evo 8 FQ 300, but so far have never found a Supra that I would put money into.

The daily driver has been a Ford Ranger 3.2 Diesel, excellent pickup but boring. The wife said to me a few month ago that the truck was boring and I should get a fun car...... well she didn't need to tell me twice. The search began for a fun car. I thought about M3's, M4's, C63 AMGs, RS6's the modern performance cars and I couldn't get excited about either.

It had to be Japanese and from the right era.........

I have an EVO 9 lined up for when I return from working away. I have the excitement of buying the car with a view to tune it, to work on it and the important part..... to drive it. The plan is to tune it to stage one, restore it and keep it pristine, improve it where possible and most of all enjoy it.

After that it maybe time to aim high up the tuning scale and go for 550-600 BHP but still in keeping with maintaining the vehicle to a high standard.

Well that's my mid-life crisis in full swing. The site has a vast amount of information which i know will help me out. The people on here used to be friendly and helpful and so far it looks to have kept the trend. I will have to get in a few show days and meet up with fellow enthusiasts to gain ideas for improvements.

Thanks Paul.
paulclark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to paulclark For This Useful Post:
Dereksti (08-06-2019), M3 ROB (18-05-2019), Mita (18-05-2019), river evo 6 (19-05-2019), Stallion (19-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2019, 18:34   #2
Mita
Senior User

How old are you mate?

No such thing as a midlife crisis I’ve done pretty much the same thing as you and have loved every minute so far. However I’ve kind of never driven mine
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 18:37   #3
paulclark
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
How old are you mate?

No such thing as a midlife crisis Iíve done pretty much the same thing as you and have loved every minute so far. However Iíve kind of never driven mine

A young 38 haha

You have never driven yours? Have you got a project on the go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2019, 18:46   #4
M3 ROB
Senior User

Car: Evo 6 TME,
Hello and welcome A mere pup you are, I'm 52 and have a tommi and would not change for anything, get some pics up when you can
M3 ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 19:05   #5
Dereksti
Senior User

Car: Scotia white tommi mak.
My Car
Welcome no such thing as a midlife crisis 55 year old tme owner here wouldnít change it for anything else .
Dereksti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 19:35   #6
Mita
Senior User

Iíve driven mine 50 miles in 6 years

Love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulclark View Post
A young 38 haha

You have never driven yours? Have you got a project on the go?
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 21:01   #7
squeakyclean32
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 6 TME
My Car
Sounds like it's time for you to have some fun then ...
I've sat in a few modern high performance cars recently & found the same thing... They just didn't feel as exciting as the Evo
Welcome back
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 23:48   #8
6evo
Senior User

Iíd diagnose you as a petrol head donít think thereís any cure once youíve got it youre stuck with it! I had a very similar path, had a pulsar around the time of my first son, which never got used, then had a quiet period for a couple of years and bought my Evo which has been loads more reliable, has 4 doors and actually gets used at weekends
6evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 04:21   #9
paulclark
User

Cheers for all the responses. At present I'm 2 hours ahead of the UK and work and early shift, so have missed these comments until now.

I'm definitely a petrol head. You can't beat the sound of a decent setup. I think my only regrets is not owning a Supra.... you never can seem to find a decent find a decent one. When a good condition manual comes along they are always ridiculously priced.

I think now with the EVO's the prices are on the up and you still have a good catalogue of parts for them. Also the Americans haven't sucked up all the decent ones.

It's 4 weeks, and counting, until I pick the car up but once it is in my possession I will post some pics. Then the fun begins with main aim of keeping the car in good/ excellent condition. There is a few inspiration projects ongoing on this site which i'm in awe of. I haven't got the time to strip a car down to bare metal and start a repainting process. I'm hoping for minor body work touch ups and then bolt on replacements parts, fingers crossed. All of this is if and when required. Servicing is also key and will make sure all services are carried out as per manufactures specification.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:50   #10
paulclark
User

The midlife crisis is over, the garage pulled the plug on the Evo 9 and sold it to someone else. That cheesed me off enough to give up looking. Back to buying a modern car.
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: