Thanks to AT Performance - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > MLR Platinum Option Trader: Auto Torque

Old 23-08-2016, 14:15   #1
Dooksy

Car: Integra DC5
My Car
Thanks to AT Performance

I realised I hadn't posted a review of my Evo buying experience back at the start of the year when I bought an Evo from Tom at AT Performance. Some is copy/paste from another thread on here where I posted in response to someone asking for feedback on them.

I'd initially contacted Tom via their website about a silver MR 360, however after posting a wanted thread on here Tom pointed me at a ruri blue 340 they'd just received in. Little did I know that it was the same car I'd enquired about that was for sale on here previously. Shame I missed out on the private sale to save me some money, but in the long run I think I may have ended up quids in, read on!

Before meeting with Tom or speaking on the phone, I'd made it abundantly clear that if the car was a good one that I would be leaving a deposit and in return Tom promised me first refusal. When I got there Tom told me that he'd had numerous calls and emails from interested parties asking to leave a deposit however he kept the car for me. While I was there he had a call asking about it while I was looking over the paperwork. It was a lovely car so I could understand the interest, Evo's seem to go within hours if they are nice examples and priced right.

During the viewing there were of course one or two minor things that I found as you'd expect with any nigh on 10 year old car. It needed a major service and there was a scuff on the side skirt. Tom and I agreed that the car would be serviced and have a full fluid change including AYC, all oils etc. During the service the AYC pump was found to be faulty and it was replaced without question. In fact, without notifying me initially, they changed it and then emailed me a load of pics the next day, including the underside of the car. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest that some garages would have just ignored it and sold the car on anyway, so kudos on that! Tom agreed to send the car to a body shop for the side skirt to be sorted.

I dealt with Tom from start to finish. Very nice guy to deal with, was patient with my stupid questions and requests, he even came into Aylesbury with me to go to my bank who went full retard and blocked the bank transfer to pay for it. I realise that it would be in his interest to get the money for the car but he could have just told me to return when I could pay for it - which could have been a week or so down the line as it was getting late on the Saturday.

For about a month after buying the car, the AYC lights would come on now and then. I was tight on time and due to go to Spa and Tom managed to fit me into the garage for one of their lads to look at it. Turns out there weren't any issues and it just needed a top up of fluid.

When at Spa, well, specifically the 'Ring later on, the car developed a boost issue. Although the car had since been mapped by Norris Designs, Tom still offered to help out even though he would be well within his rights not to. It was the SAS valve which I had blanked off anyway so didn't need any help in the end.

Tom is a thoroughly nice guy, they have a great set up and clean workshop. Plus nice tea and biscuits! Chris and his lads are friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. All of their cars are detailed, looked over and given a health check before purchase.

I would use them for aftercare and tuning if it weren't for the fact they're a bit of a drive from me and Performance Autoworks who I have been using for years with Evo's and Honda's are on my doorstep.

Six months on now and the car is running sweet and every time I've since contacted Tom he's been patient and polite. I haven't felt like I've been brushed off like I got from other dealers (SVA springs to mind).

Genuine enthusiasts who prioritise customer service above all else and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or buy from them again.

Last edited by Dooksy; 23-08-2016 at 14:19..
Dooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dooksy For This Useful Post:
Mel.T (24-08-2016), Mita (23-08-2016), squeakyclean32 (23-08-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-08-2016, 14:22   #2
Mita
Senior User

Nice write up that

Good to see car dealers doing the right thing with their customers. Also nice to see the old fashioned deposit being used unlike other people.

I've spoken to Tom myself and he was a very helpful chap.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Old 23-08-2016, 14:25   #3
Gavalar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 fq360 Mr
Good lads auto torque very helpful and u get stickers on request . They did me a blinding deal on wheels very helpful and can't say a bad word about them . Spent a few quid and even put themselves out letting me pick up on none work day Sunday as I was going to a show . Courtesy cars aswell for peanuts . Brilliant not surprised to here a good review mate glad your pleased post up some pics
Gavalar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavalar For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-08-2016, 14:42   #4
Dooksy

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Nice write up that

Good to see car dealers doing the right thing with their customers. Also nice to see the old fashioned deposit being used unlike other people.

I've spoken to Tom myself and he was a very helpful chap.
Thanks.

I generally don't like car dealers, be it second hand or brand new, but I felt at ease dealing with Tom and never once felt like I was having my pants pulled down. Total honesty and courtesy from the off, even though I guess at times I could have been seen as a difficult customer. A total credit to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavalar View Post
Good lads auto torque very helpful and u get stickers on request . They did me a blinding deal on wheels very helpful and can't say a bad word about them . Spent a few quid and even put themselves out letting me pick up on none work day Sunday as I was going to a show . Courtesy cars aswell for peanuts . Brilliant not surprised to here a good review mate glad your pleased post up some pics
Loads of pics here:
https://www.lancerregister.com/showth...highlight=ruri
Old 23-08-2016, 14:57   #5
Leo6072
Senior User

My Car
I use AT myself for servicing and minor repairs found them very acomadating and helpful nothing to much of a problem and very helpful when you can have car for the time that your in workshop at very little cost ie make sure you return the fuel you use great lads and well pleased with work done recommendation is everything nowadays and these guys come top of the list
Leo6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo6072 For This Useful Post:
Old 23-08-2016, 16:50   #6
squeakyclean32
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo 6 TME
My Car
We've recently had dealings with AT.... they give first class, friendly service....we will definitely be using them in the future
squeakyclean32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squeakyclean32 For This Useful Post:
Old 24-08-2016, 06:54   #7
[email protected] Torque
Senior User

Car: Evo 6.5 TME Scotia White, Mk3 Focus RS
My Car
Wow, thanks for the feedback all
Tom@Auto Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 15:33   #8
Gavalar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 fq360 Mr
And don't forget the free stickers !
Gavalar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavalar For This Useful Post:
Old 24-08-2016, 17:06   #9
MidnightE6
Senior User

Car: Audi B/Edition & Need New Toy!
Only ever seen positive posts so must be doing something right!

Keep it up lads.
Old 24-08-2016, 18:04   #10
Dooksy

My Car
Oh, almost forgot.

In the back seats was a nice little gift, a Top Gear magazine (I think) and a six pack of bud. It's the little things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dooksy For This Useful Post:
Old 24-08-2016, 20:18   #11
Mel.T

My Car
I can only add to the praise, I've used Auto Torque twice recently for quite a lot of work to my X (not purchased from them) they are professional, courteous, and know the meaning of customer service.

When I am next in the market for another car I will certainly check their stock as I wouldn't have any worries buying a car from them.
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: