What did you do to your evo today? - Page 299 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 19:55   #4471
david_smith_909
Senior User

Car: E6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebt View Post
My door handles needed painting and I didnít want to leave the car at a body shop with a brand new engine in so I got them wrapped in carbon. Asked how much he wanted and he said a tenner so I gave him £20 and I thought that was still cheap

Decent that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
stevebt (12-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2019, 19:55   #4472
david_smith_909
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
I just sat on the drive in the sun with a Gin&Tonic or two and looked at it:

Slŗinte Mhath

Pink gin?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 20:20   #4473
CallumOS
Junior User

Car: Scotia White Evo 6 GSR
My Car
Took the dash out for a bit wiring then joined a local restoration club. Hoping to start my under side resto on the 6 over winter.
CallumOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 20:28   #4474
stevebt
Senior User

My Car
Badges were missing from my bootlid so ordered all those today. I have bought a used diamond emblem from a galant so hoping it’s the right size as it was only £6.50
stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 07:17   #4475
patta
Senior User

What did you do to your evo today?

Treat myself to this little bad boy managed to get the buyer down £100 the car needed an exhaust as the one I have on is so so quiet and restrictive and it doesnít sound like an evo should.

Itís a GREDDY TRUST TITANIUM cat back

The exhaust needs a little polish up but it should be good to go, Iíve purchased a set of exhaust gaskets for it also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-07-2019, 16:51   #4476
Andy1986
Senior User

Car: Evo 8 (260)
My Car
Finally got round to do the popular rear bumper swap for 7's and 8's.
Attached Images

Andy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1986 For This Useful Post:
Leo6072 (17-07-2019)
Old 17-07-2019, 13:03   #4477
war-machine
Senior User

Car: evo 7 rs
hi mate are u pleased with the before and after look ? looks great,you donít have the paint code do you...thanks

war-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 16:48   #4478
stevebt
Senior User

My Car
Got all the badges back on the car as they were al missing.

stevebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 18:26   #4479
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Drove it to work and back, 2 miles from home watched the ABS light followed by 3 ACD lights come on
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 18:54   #4480
Rampant
Profound thinker

Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dick View Post
Drove it to work and back, 2 miles from home watched the ABS light followed by 3 ACD lights come on
Oh dear - AYC/ACD pump refurbish time. Do you know anyone who can do it for you?

Hope you can get it sorted soon...

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 18:59   #4481
Rampant
Profound thinker

Car: Evo VI GSR Import (& F80 M3 Comp & 997 Turbo)
My Car
Today I drove the Evo to this place in Spalding:

https://www.rust.co.uk/

Just to have a look at the business and get a feel for the place to see if it was the kind of place that I could see myself using.

Got a decent impression.

Evo booked in end of August for the full rust proofing treatment - £582

***Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon***
//// Do as you OUGHT, not as you WANT ////
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rampant For This Useful Post:
Mita (17-07-2019), Tom Dick (17-07-2019)
Old 17-07-2019, 19:54   #4482
Andy1986
Senior User

Car: Evo 8 (260)
My Car
Hi mate, yes much better now with the updated bumper. I'm sorry I do not have the paint code, had a lot of trouble with the paint shop unfortunately. The bumper was with them about a month. Got there in the end at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by war-machine View Post
hi mate are u pleased with the before and after look ? looks great,you donít have the paint code do you...thanks

Andy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 20:28   #4483
Tom Dick
NR555

Car: Evo VII, forged at NR with a 3076
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Oh dear - AYC/ACD pump refurbish time. Do you know anyone who can do it for you?

Hope you can get it sorted soon...
Pump was done not so long ago. This is the first time Iíve hade the ABS light first.

Need to get codes read to see whatís happening
If your beliefs bring comfort to your heart, Then who am I to try and tear your world apart? I wish you well in your endeavours and your life, And I'll leave you to yours if you leave me to mine, It's not your place to impose religious law on the rest of us like so many have before, and it's equally not my place to say you're wrong I don't have to read your book and you don't have to like this song
Tom Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 21:27   #4484
Kiwievo

Well I've been a bit of a busy bee these last couple of weeks!
Ralliart goodies either installed or for installation....

Kiwievo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 14:39   #4485
david_smith_909
Senior User

Talking

Yesterday I went to Anglesey Circuit with one of the lads who drives a Startlet GT. It was a 2 hour open pit session (6pm – 8pm). He’s got a 250BHP stripped out track ready car which is well set up and I’ve got a 350BHP 6, only thing ‘track’ wise I have are carbotech pads, everything else is 20 year old Evo.
First time on that track, first time on track in the Evo, running the full 2.1 mile circuit and just my luck it had been sunny for weeks, we got to track, it was raining great!
Signed in and had the drivers briefing, we was to do 2 sighting laps behind a safety car, not only to get used to the track for us newbies but also to spot where the flaggers are, I planned to sit behind my mate as he knows the track well, learn the braking zones etc and generally familiarise myself with everything.
Went out of the 1st sighting lap out of 2, got to the last bend just before the pits and my engine died, loss of all power, FFS I haven’t even completed 1 lap coasted into the pits where the marshals had to push me to the paddock, popped my bonnet only to find the cable for my negative battery terminal had come loose and decided it wanted to hang inside my engine instead of being connected, obviously wasn’t tightened properly, no biggy, connect it up and tighten it - lucky my tools was in my Mrs car.
By the time I was ready to go the track was full and all the cars were going round in attack mode, so I waited 15 minutes or so for cars to start to filter back into the paddock so I can go back out and begin my sighting laps again, only this time with no safety car
Went out behind my mate just taking it easy letting other drivers go by when needed, after about 6 laps I came back off just to check everything over - the paranoia had set in! With nothing wrong and everything seeming okay I went back out, lap after lap I carried on slowly getting quicker as I went on, approx. 15 laps later (I wasn’t counting) I came back out to the paddock, my internal fans are **** at defogging and I was hot, I was starting to steam up the car and I didn’t want to chance carrying on until all my windows were clear again.
In the paddock it had stopped raining at this point so I cracked open all the windows and let it cool down, my mates GT on the other hand wasn’t too good, he couldn’t keep oil temps down so that was him done for the session. Approx 20 minutes later I was ready to go again so he jumped in with me as a passenger, lap by lap again I could feel myself getting more confident in the car and started to push it, car was performing well, I even started to perform well and as the laps went on the cars that were flying past earlier I was now starting to gap them, I was really enjoying myself until the heavens opened again, big style! 2 slippery laps later I came off and watched the last 10 minutes from the pits.
Long story but after the nervous start I really enjoyed it on track and the car surprised (saved) me a few times where I thought I had hit a corner too quick or braked too late, it appeared I never and really started to trust the car. Really fell back in love with it. Only thing I would change and will change in the near future are my brakes, the noise out of them is just too much, it was embarrassing at times, tried a few disc / pad / shim combos with no real change so just going to bite the bullet and spend on a proper set up.
Ordered today all new fluids front to back from Ross Sport and seriously looking at suspension now, next track day I have booked is August at the same track, really got the bug now!
My Mrs was in the pit lane taking a few pics which I will post next – I will post via tapatalk so hopefully they aren’t huge!
Sorry for the monster post
David

Last edited by david_smith_909; 18-07-2019 at 14:47..
david_smith_909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: