Newbie FAQ - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2005, 17:59   #1
MLR Moderator

Newbie FAQ

If you're new to the site and not sure how to make the most of it the frequently asked questions and answers below should help:

What is the MLR?
The Mitsubishi Lancer Register or MLR is an independent car club run for the benefit of enthusiasts of Mitsubishi Evo's and the original 1980's Lancer Turbo's.

Although the MLR web site is the oldest and biggest web site and online discussion forum for all Evolution models, the MLR is much more than just this web site and holds dozens of Evo related events across the UK every year for it's member to get the most enjoyment from their cars as well as offering many other facilities.

For more information about the MLR, please see here

I'm interested in finding out as much information about Mitsubishi Evo's as possible, where's the best place to start?
A read of Bazza's Evo buyer's guide will provide you with a huge amount of information on Evo's whether you already own one or looking to buy one. You find the Buyer's Guide here.

I can't find the information I need in the buyer's guide. What should I do next?
If there's specific information or help you need there are number of ways of getting the answer:

* Take a look at the Evo FAQ, it contains lots of information about common Evo problems and questions.
* Try searching on the forum. The MLR forum has been active since 1999 and has over 600,000 posts so there's not much that hasn't been discussed before. You may well find lots more useful information by searching than posting a new question in the forum.
* Post a question in the forum and someone will hopefully be able to help you. Try and make your thread title as obvious as possible so more people will read it and explain your problem or question clearly with as much detail as possible to help ensure you get a useful response.

I'm new here and nervous about posting and using the forum
First of all everyone here remembers their first post and knows it can be difficult to post for the first time, particularly when you read other threads and see how familiar most people are with one another.

That's what this newbie section is for, to welcome new users of the site and provide a facility for people to post for the first time even if it's to say hello or because your not sure where to post or how to use the forum.

I see lots of other user with an MLR Member icon under their username. What is that?
There are generally 2 types of user on the MLR forum. There's the registered user who has registered a username on the site and there's the users who have paid to join the MLR and are therefore MLR Members.

Users who join the MLR receive lots and lots of benefits. For more information on joining the MLR please see here.

I seem to have hit a post limit, what is that?
The MLR is a non-commercial club that provides facilities for it's members. Unfortunately, this site costs a lot money to run and it's not fair to expect paying members to meet the cost associated with non-members. Therefore, we impose a 20 post limit for non-members for any 30 day period.

We feel that gives non-members enough opportunity to get any help they need on the forum without increasing the cost of running the club too much.

Please note: If you run out of posts and decide to register a new name, please refrain. We can tell and will ban your second name immediately. Furthermore, you may have your first username banned also. Please don't abuse the post limit.

I'm having problems using the site or with my account, what can I do?
If you have any problems using the MLR web site please drop an email to [email protected] and we'll do our best to help. Please include a detailed description of the problem as well as your username.

Last edited by Cryptwalk; 11-05-2005 at 14:41..
The Following User Says Thank You to MLR Moderator For This Useful Post:
Sandman68 (15-09-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: