Lancer Register Forum banner

NEW PRODUCT! ND Bolt On Supercharger Kit Evo 4-9!!!

134K views 341 replies 82 participants last post by  Norris Designs 
#1 · (Edited)
Over the past 18 months Norris Designs we have been developing a true “bolt on” Supercharger kit for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 4-9. We originally
Did this “Twincharger” setup back in 2010 but haven’t had the time to re-visit until now.

Attached is a graph of how it’s performing currently using 2.4 bar boost on a cast wheel GT4088R turbo, Cosworth 4G63 2.2L and only 97 octane
Super unleaded fuel (Circa 20Hp/20LbFt+ left with 99 octane V Power).

As you can the see there is no lag, this graph was started at 1250rpm and stopped at 8250rpm, this has a powerband dreams are made of! Full kit
price, options and pictures to be released soon, we are initially making 10 kits for the market and will take pre-orders accordingly.

The “ND SC kit” requires removal of air conditioning but still fits with the Version 1-3 ND Dry Sump kit and with 99% of turbo kits on the market.

ND like to innovate, not imitate! :D

Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#309 ·
That interested all you did was wait for a post on the MLR?

Reactions: Unobtainium
#308 ·
If you had spent 10's of thousands developing a kit would you advertise specification so joe blogs down the street could copy it?

It's not uncommon for a company to hold back on specification / information. Pretty common in my industry as things can move so fast. Prob the same with a kit such as this. Not everyone will want it and the SERIOUSLY interested parties will order on brand anyway...

#311 · (Edited)
I think one of the issues is that I think there are very few kits that have gone onto road cars. I think the yellow 5 (Craig's) is one of the only ones. I mean it's a hell of a load of cash to blast on top of a forged engine and all the other bits..... Be good if Simon would post up Craig's results/graph etc.... This is on my list down the line, but want a sequential box first.

#322 ·
Little update video for you all to see. This is of my engine from our latest testing. Hope this proves we're working hard on this V3 style setup in the background! :)

Cheers

Si

#325 ·
In essence the same. The production V3 kit will use the same SC gearing and SC clutch but will have a air operated main bypass valve controlled via solenoids (as per V2 kit) due to 99.9% of expected customers ecu capability. The production kit also uses a smaller SC but then I don't expect any of our customers to quite want a GTX4508R! 😉

My engine with a little 2.24L and this huge turbo has 1.1bar and nearly 300Lbft by 2000rpm on a transient (600rpm per second) test NOT static!!! Truly amazing!! It made a smidge under 1000hp at 2.6bar (boost setting 7) on a safe map with a potential max boost (on setting 10) of 3.4bar. Boost setting 1 is only 1.4 bar and it makes that by 2500rpm on the same transient basis.

I will not release the production V3 until the SC clutch is perfected and tested, it works beautifully on mine but due to packaging constraints on the transverse application it's a little different and is subjected to increased rpm. I am intentionally vague and reserved in information release as I don't want any V3 orders until it's fully done. Just don't have the time or desire for the extra stress right now with how busy we are.

Hope all that helps you and the other interested parties. 😀

Cheers

Si

#327 ·
More interesting and revealing insight into the benefits of our latest twin charged developments. Literally incredible! Enjoy!

Cheers

Si

#329 ·
Ha ha thanks! It is all pretty complicated....you should try mapping it and setting up all the bypass and clutch points etc. It has 40 tables just for boost control , sc bypass and sc clutch control!!! :crackup:

#331 ·
Thanks! In the next 4-6 weeks I hope, fair bit of wiring to do for the Motec M150 from the M800.

We could adapt the technology to any engine, just physical implementation of the parts required.

#334 ·
The Version 3 bolt on Supercharger kit is finished and working VERY VERY well. Taking orders and satisfying pre-orders at the moment. See our Website link below for costs and even 3 x videos at the bottom showing the benefits;

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/proddetail.asp?prod=evo-032506

Enjoy!

Cheers

Si

#339 ·
Yes indeed.

#340 ·
Selling very well! :)

Direct video link of the in car pull;

Cheers

Si

Reactions: Scooby-93 and Mita
#342 ·
You need a good quality aftermarket ecu to take control of this setup, stock ecu won't cut it. That depends on what turbo you use and the spec of your engine Sir.

Cheers

Si

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.