Lancer Register Forum banner

Blown Strut on bc racing er coilover

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  kins 
#1 ·
Does anyone do refurbs on the bc racing er series coilovers? It needs to be re gassed because the strut isn't returning back up once compressed, hope someone can help, as bc racing direct have to ship them to taiwan and could take a few weeks at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I have bc rm coilovers on my rally car and I can't fault them for the price
They are good imo but having said that my mate rally car has ohlins
On and I have driven that car and it's dose feel better and a lot more refined . So you do get what you pay for. If you can find someone to replace or rebuild the one you need doing I would do that depending on the price.

#9 ·
You could try trawling the ads on eBay, etc, and see if you can pick up a S/H pair. Ultimately though as has already been said, you would be far better off investing in a decent set up.

I ran BC's for a couple of years and apart from the inserts working loose, they didn't give me any trouble. That said, I found the range of adjustment didn't make much difference after about 10 clicks, and when I did swop to a decent set up (KW Clubsports) the difference was incredible.

#10 ·
BC's repair prices are horrific, last set I used needed a new top mount, rang BC to get a new one ordered... ended up binning the entire set and bought new MiesterR instead.

Replace one top mount was so expensive it made more sense to ditch them and buy a new set of coilovers as replacing the second top mount would have nearly cost me the price of a full set. Absolute disgrace what they charge

#11 ·
BC's repair prices are horrific, last set I used needed a new top mount, rang BC to get a new one ordered... ended up binning the entire set and bought new MiesterR instead.

Replace one top mount was so expensive it made more sense to ditch them and buy a new set of coilovers as replacing the second top mount would have nearly cost me the price of a full set. Absolute disgrace what they charge
Bc racing are having the coilover back re gassing the strut and replacing any parts inside for me for £178 including delivery, :) not bad considering there £300 each brand new plus shipping from taiwan lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
Back when I first bought my 5RS I purchased a set of BC RM's coilovers new. I had big issues with them knocking from new which turned out to be a design problem of the rear top mounts. After various trips to the tuner the coilover's were sent back to BC for inspection where they couldn't find the fault and they were refitted. Still banging and me complaining...eventually they issued me a revised set of rear top mounts that did fix the banging. All this toing and froing, uninstalling, postage, reinstalling, re-alignment cost ME a small fortune. When they were right the damping on them was pretty poor and I always felt the dampers did not correctly match the spring rate through-out the adjustment range of the dampers.

I eventually thought an upgrade was best for my usage and bought a set of Ohlin DVS... which I eventually upgraded to Nitron R3's.

When I sold the BC's (for less than half what I paid for them new) they were in pretty good condition apart from the paint on the springs was coming off so ideally they needed re-powder coating. They had seen few road miles so that itself was disappointing to see. If they had needed service work I would have probably binned them as I wouldn't have rated the repair work economically viable to do so.

If I had the ER series I still wouldn't of sent them off for repair - despite their new/used value. This is because I wouldn't have want just one corner serviced - I would want the set serviced so they could be matched properly.... or as a minimum I would want a pair / 2 per axel done. It would probably be a better idea to sell the set as "spares or repairs" and put the money towards something better IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.