Lancer Register Forum banner

** Southern Regional Meet - Fort Nelson (Royal Armouries) Sunday 23rd August 2015 **

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  VI_Shooter 
#1 · (Edited)
** Southern Regional Meet - Fort Nelson (Royal Armouries) Sunday 23rd August 2015 **

OK Guys and Gals

Next meet is going to be here:

https://www.royalarmouries.org/visit-us/fort-nelson

FREE ADMISSION

Royal Armouries Museum
Fort Nelson
Portsdown Hill Road
Fareham
PO17 6AN

Fort Nelson is home to more than 350 big guns: from pre-gunpowder siege machines to the massive 200-tonne railway gun. As well as the Victorian fort, with its tunnels and ramparts to explore, there will be plenty of SUMMER FUN activities to keep the children entertained from Thursday 23 July - Monday 31 August.

Kids can have a go on the Junior Assault Course,and throughout August all can experience the power and might of the big guns at the Artillery in Action show. There will also be daily Guided Tours as well as the chance to get your Hands on History.

(something to do for the whole family rather than just hang around by the cars)

This is a decent Museum, and lots to wander and see. Plus an nice on-site place to eat either in the restaurant or places to picnic.

Suggest we meet up and park together in the overflow field up by Nelson's Column (see the black and white photo taken in winter hence mud). Access via the main car park and drive to the right as you go in.
That way we should assemble and not bother 'normal punters'

Museum opens at 10:00 so arrive when you like after then. I was going to aim for 10:30 being a Sunday.
Lots of really nice country roads very close by too :smthumbup

Hope plenty of you can make this and it's good weather.

List so far:

CrazyA64
Nickster
Sean Arnell
Pomsteroonie

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Shame really, I guess it was because of the extensive mods and power. Maybe if you got a more standard one in future would help with the running costs? And be a lot cheaper to buy I think too.

There is a lovely unmolested White VI GSR (fresh import) for sale on here that would make a great weekend toy for example.

Anyway be good to see you and chat.

#7 ·
Nice one buddy - They shouldn't have it in over a weekend just to straighten that number plate! :naughty:

(If you got on with the IV you'd have 2 :mitsi:to choose from:handsup:)

Reactions: CrazyA64
#13 ·
Maybe, I think a few of us will come out. Not like we are driving cars that can't handle in the wet and the roads aren't salted or anything, plus and my car needs a clean anyway :lol: Checked the forecast and it keeps on changing and looks like the worst of it is over to the west of the country.

#15 ·
Thanks to the the other 2 members that braved the weather!

Cheers for coming along guys.

Always nice to meet up and chat.

Typical now I am typing this a few hours after - weather is glorious :handsup:

See you on the next one - end of September I think.

Will come back to that venue at some time maybe in October if weather looks OK as there are nice surroundings for Autumn photos. Gotta think of the 2016 Calendar :smthumbup

Ian

Attachments

#17 ·
Keep Sunday 27th September free in your calendars for another local meet. Any suggestions for somewhere guys?

Goodwood should have their new cafe sorted and up and running by then back in the circuit aero club.

#19 ·
GURSTON DOWN this Sunday?

Hi again all

Been invited by Tan to have a few of our cars at Gurston Down. Well I am double booked to go to Dunsfold Wings and Wheels and that is now full for MLR stand space.

SO if anyone fancies heading over Salisbury way let Tan know I sent you!

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...63#post5517763

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.