Lancer Register Forum banner

New clutch needed

417 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Barry P. 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2007 evo 9 fq 360 (standard).
The cars milage is on 27500.
Clutch has started slipping mainly noticable in 4th 5th sometimes 6th gear(doesn't always slip though).
When driving slowly car is fine there is no sign of the clutch slipping.
Is it ok to drive the car or will I be damaging other things, also is there a possibility of it leaving me stranded if I continue to drive it?

I live in north London (near Enfield, A10), is there anyone fairly local to me who can supply and fit a new Mitsubishi clutch & flywheel (is flywheel necessary?).
Also I have some new hell brakelines, ebc ndx brake pads that need fitting at the same time.

I think the next service (its 8th service) will also be due at the end of April so i may have this service done slightly earlier then scheduled at the same time as the other work.

If any traders who are fairly close to me can give me a price for the above work that will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

George

See less See more
#2 ·
Clutch has started slipping mainly noticable in 4th 5th sometimes 6th gear(doesn't always slip though).
Is it ok to drive the car or will I be damaging other things, also is there a possibility of it leaving me stranded if I continue to drive it?

I live in north London (near Enfield, A10), is there anyone fairly local to me who can supply and fit a new Mitsubishi clutch & flywheel (is flywheel necessary?).
Also I have some new hell brakelines, ebc ndx brake pads that need fitting at the same time.

I think the next service (its 8th service) will also be due at the end of April so i may have this service done slightly earlier then scheduled at the same time as the other work.

If any traders who are fairly close to me can give me a price for the above work that will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

George
I would run a Helix organic clutch,
I am base in Marlow SL7 1LW.

Mark

#4 ·

Thanks

George
contact JTTME he has just had a clutch fitted, he could give you a price not sure where he had it done tho, hope that helps,

Regards,

Andy:smthumbup:smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.