C Tec - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Exhaust Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2020, 20:21   #1
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
C Tec

Evening all.

Does anyone own a C Tec full system resonated ? And anyone else non resonated? Just wondering how loud they are used with a silenced de cat? Bit of an open ended question I know
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 13-06-2020, 21:41   #2
leeslancer8
Senior User
 
leeslancer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Car: EVO 8 260 - EVO 7 RSII - EVO 8 FQ320 MR - EVO 4 GSR
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Evening all.

Does anyone own a C Tec full system resonated ? And anyone else non resonated? Just wondering how loud they are used with a silenced de cat? Bit of an open ended question I know
I had the full system on my old 8 mr modular Silenced decat and resonated and got blacked flagged at blyton Park for it being too loud. Non resonated would be too loud in my opinion.

I think the c tec stuff is amazing quality and I’m a big fan I currently run the modular, silenced decat and a jap spec fujitsubo exhaust due to noise issues previously mentioned on my own car

Last edited by leeslancer8; 13-06-2020 at 21:46..
leeslancer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leeslancer8 For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 22:01   #3
20watt TME
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
My Car
Posts: 213
I have a full resonated ctec system on my 6rs with a ctec silenced decat. Noise test at oulton last year was 102db iirc. Sure itís got a little louder though since I 1st had it sound tested
20watt TME is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 20watt TME For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 13-06-2020, 22:02   #4
Humps85
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 473
Canít comment on noise of a full C-tec system but I can comment on quality and it is excellent. Very nice bits of kit.
I run a C-tec manifold, C-tec modular down pipe, silenced de-cat and un-res Russ Fellows cat back, loud but not stupid loud and sounds amazing in my opinion.
Humps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Humps85 For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 22:11   #5
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Sounds like a non res will be proper ASBO then shame as it’s a fair chunk cheaper
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 22:13   #6
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Iím not keen on the tail pipe design on the RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humps85 View Post
Canít comment on noise of a full C-tec system but I can comment on quality and it is excellent. Very nice bits of kit.
I run a C-tec manifold, C-tec modular down pipe, silenced de-cat and un-res Russ Fellows cat back, loud but not stupid loud and sounds amazing in my opinion.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 22:14   #7
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Yes itís kinda normal for them to ďsettleĒ a bit and get louder. But is it a nice sound? 102 is pretty loud. Is it drony? Is it ok on low revs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20watt TME View Post
I have a full resonated ctec system on my 6rs with a ctec silenced decat. Noise test at oulton last year was 102db iirc. Sure itís got a little louder though since I 1st had it sound tested
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 22:22   #8
20watt TME
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
My Car
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Yes itís kinda normal for them to ďsettleĒ a bit and get louder. But is it a nice sound? 102 is pretty loud. Is it drony? Is it ok on low revs?
The sound is quality, as is the product as we all know. Not drony at all mate. Far from an asbo exhaust and on boost sounds mega. Itís an expensive item but worth the money. Buy once and buy right
20watt TME is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 20watt TME For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 22:37   #9
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Thanks mate

Thatís great info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20watt TME View Post
The sound is quality, as is the product as we all know. Not drony at all mate. Far from an asbo exhaust and on boost sounds mega. Itís an expensive item but worth the money. Buy once and buy right
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
20watt TME (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 23:02   #10
Humps85
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Iím not keen on the tail pipe design on the RF.
Yeah must admit I do prefer the straight exit as opposed to the angle exit of the RF. Itís still a well made piece of kit though and am happy with it.
Humps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Humps85 For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 23:20   #11
leeslancer8
Senior User
 
leeslancer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Car: EVO 8 260 - EVO 7 RSII - EVO 8 FQ320 MR - EVO 4 GSR
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Sounds like a non res will be proper ASBO then shame as itís a fair chunk cheaper
If I was to order a cat back from Nigel I would try and get a larger than standard resonator in it not a standard off the shelf jobbie.

I may be getting old but was just too loud if you ever want to track it or not completely ball of your neighbours

As mentioned not knocking the quality very good products
leeslancer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leeslancer8 For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 23:31   #12
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Thanks Lee thatís interesting. How come? Is it silly loud then?


Is this in general? Or start up?

Itís certainly a fine line on Evoís

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslancer8 View Post
If I was to order a cat back from Nigel I would try and get a larger than standard resonator in it not a standard off the shelf jobbie.

I may be getting old but was just too loud if you ever want to track it or not completely ball of your neighbours

As mentioned not knocking the quality very good products
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 23:31   #13
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
Having said that, I donít have many neighbours


Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslancer8 View Post
If I was to order a cat back from Nigel I would try and get a larger than standard resonator in it not a standard off the shelf jobbie.

I may be getting old but was just too loud if you ever want to track it or not completely ball of your neighbours

As mentioned not knocking the quality very good products
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 23:37   #14
leeslancer8
Senior User
 
leeslancer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Car: EVO 8 260 - EVO 7 RSII - EVO 8 FQ320 MR - EVO 4 GSR
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Thanks Lee that’s interesting. How come? Is it silly loud then?


Is this in general? Or start up?

It’s certainly a fine line on Evo’s
I found at tick over it’s loud didn’t bother me too much but bothered the neighbours. Was too loud in my opinion to track based on circuit limits nowadays and there only going one way.

It’s your call some people like them loud, maybe I’m just the minority.
leeslancer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leeslancer8 For This Useful Post:
Mita (13-06-2020)
Old 13-06-2020, 23:53   #15
Mita
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,238
I like a low burble for sure. But not ear bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeslancer8 View Post
I found at tick over itís loud didnít bother me too much but bothered the neighbours. Was too loud in my opinion to track based on circuit limits nowadays and there only going one way.

Itís your call some people like them loud, maybe Iím just the minority.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.