Lancer Register Forum banner

1991 Celica GT4 RC (ST185)

8K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  H18BY0 
#1 · (Edited)
For Sale with a very heavy heart my 1991 Toyota Celica GT4 RC (ST185)

I bought this car to hopefully own forever and try to keep it as original as possible preserving one of these very special rally legend cars, i had a stock narrowbody jdm ST185 GT4 many years ago that i loved (before my Evo addiction started!) but always wanted a RC / Carlos Sainz variant so when chance to buy this came along a couple of years ago i snapped it up!, only 1800 of these RC models made for JDM market with 5000 worldwide (badged Carlos Sainz for UK) to comply with rally homoglation rules, these are fitted with all the special tweaks that set them apart from standard GT4 models and very few left in this condition, even in Japan. See below for details.

1991 Toyota Celica GT4 RC Widebody (ST185H)

Special Edition 1 of 1800 JDM RC models with widebody, Chargercooler and all other RC extras

Owners: Im the only UK owner and ive had for 2years mostly just sat in my dry garage (+importer on reg doc)

Colour: Graphite Metallic Grey (182)

Mileage: 93k Miles (150k km's, imported with 148k km's and not been converted to Miles)

History: Full Documented Japanese Service history +documented history in my ownership for all jobs ive done.

Bodywork: Amazing condition with only few very minor marks here and there, truly only looks more like 5years old viewing is essential!

Interior: looks pretty much as new! complete with factory floor mat set

Underside: Impressive! as you would expect from never seeing a UK winter its also amazing time warp condition, there is NO rust problems unlike most of these cars in UK which are rotten now.

Suspension: ive freshened up with KYB dampers, new front top mounts and ARB drop links, I also have some custom mild drop lowering springs i had specially made but i prefer ride on OE springs so they are currently fitted.

Brakes: I fully overhauled these before putting on the road fitting new discs, Mintex pads and Motul brake fluid, car already came with braided hoses.

Wheels: i have 2 sets available as below (17" set currently fitted)
  • Ultralite 17" wheels with new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
  • Oem OZ 15" wheels in good order but lacquer has yellowed so could do with freshen up

Modifications:
  • Exhaust is Mongoose twin tip stainless steel system, car came from Japan with stock exhaust in poor condition so i replaced with good used Mongoose unit, this is basically a Stainless Steel replica of OEM and as its not possible to get a new OEM this was best alternative, its not loud im too old for that!.
  • HKS turbo timer as it came from Japan.
  • Toyota Toll system again as it came from Japan.
  • Filtered Oil Catch can i fitted, something i do to all my turbo cars but easily removed if required.
  • Wheel spacers fitted at the rear to make wheel sit better in arch but fit without them if you wanted to remove.

Bad points: very few despite it being 28 years old, as mentioned a few minor marks on body but they really are nothing serious at all and you need to look hard to see them, viewing is 100% recommended to see just how good this car is and im sure you will not be disappointed, below are couple of what i would call "issues" that could be addressed to make it perfect if you wanted to.

• Aircon doesnt work, no doubt needs gas but hard to get old type of gas now and i as rarely use car its never bothered.
  • Radio Aerial doesnt full extend, again not an issue for me and still recieves radio ok, easy enough to repair/replace if you wanted to.
  • Usual gen5 celica wind noise from mirror area, seems all JDM cars suffer from this due to mirror design, its not an issue for me but worth mentioning for those not familiar with these cars.
  • 17" Wheels have a few scuffs in paint from when I had them on my GT86 which was a track car, no kerb damage, or chunks missing just some mine I was going to repaint but couldn't decide on what colour so left them as is

Reason for sale: I need the space to make way for other projects and i dont have anything more i can do to this car really, only thing would be to start modifying it for more power and improve handling etc but i dont want to start down that road, its too nice and original to spoil it so if i cant find a serious buyer i will find somewhere to store it out of temptations way as values on these cars are only going up!, would be shame as i much prefer it to be enjoyed by someone else.

Price wise im looking for £10k or near offer which I think is fair considering the condition and what it would cost to buy one in japan now, if you could find one!, im willing to discuss price further with those viewing the car once they see just how good it is.

Im located in Penrith Cumbria just of J40 of the M6

Any questions fire a way and you can contact me via PM or reply to this post to get more contact details (if your not a paid member so cant PM me)

Picture below more to come.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Window

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer White

More pictures further down... :)

See less See more
#3 ·
So what’s the next project Ian??

Can see the pictures on my iphone?!

#7 ·
Looks a beauty Ian, a real classic. Looking forward to seeing the next project if it’s worth getting rid of this :smthumbup

Reactions: Mita and thetyrant
#10 ·
Thanks guys it really is a impressive example of a very special car :) got a guy coming up from Wales on train today to view and hopefully drive it away, will be sad to see it go if he takes it but onwards and upwards and at least it stops me pondering if i should be selling it or not!, its taken me 6months to take the plunge and advertise it after the initial thought :D

#12 ·
Right car, right price does it every time :smthumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.