Driving/ Racing games & simulators - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 12-05-2017, 08:03   #1
Gratch
Senior User

Car: Black Evo V GSR- Fresh import
My Car
Driving/ Racing games & simulators

As a long time fan of motor racing and video games I have owned most of the driving/ racing games to have come out over the years, and I wondered if anyone else out there was into their racing games?

I use a Thrustmaster T300 force feedback wheel & pedal setup mounted on a simple single column wheel stand and a gaming chair, which I use for PS4 and PC. (I also have an old Madcatz wheel that I used to use for my Xbox360 but sadly the paddle gears stopped working so I now just use the pedals as rudder pedals for my flight simulator!)

I love simulator games, the more realistic the better, and recently I've been looking specifically for games that include evo's. Obviously the likes of Forza always have various versions, and Project cars features an Evo X in the base game, plus an Evo IX and a VI TME as part of one of the DLC packs. They've confirmed 3 different VI models (I think) for Project Cars 2 as well, which will be out later on this year.

I've also noticed there's a picture of an Evo among the screenshots for the new Gran Turismo Sport game, so fingers crossed that'll have a couple of models too.

Other than that I'm a big fan of the old GTR PC games, Raceroom and Assetto Corsa, as well as some more *cough cough* 'arcadie' racers, but I was wondering what do you guys play, and what are your favourite racing games of all time?

Cheers,

Resident aviation geek
Gratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 13:47   #2
DoCkEr
Senior User

Car: Ruri Blue Evo IX FQ320
My Car
Always enjoyed the Gran Turismo series myself. Can't wait for the new one to come out! Need to buy myself a wheel and pedals though!
Do enjoy Project Cars though, but as i only play multilayer, i get very annoyed with all the to$$ers who just aim to spin you out all the time!
DoCkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoCkEr For This Useful Post:
strange_days_uk (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 13:58   #3
strange_days_uk
Simon - EVO V

Car: EVO V
My Car
live for speed on the pc, if you haven't seen it download the demo and try it, real world physics its superb with force feedback
strange_days_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 14:48   #4
Gratch
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCkEr View Post
Always enjoyed the Gran Turismo series myself. Can't wait for the new one to come out! Need to buy myself a wheel and pedals though!
Do enjoy Project Cars though, but as i only play multilayer, i get very annoyed with all the to$$ers who just aim to spin you out all the time!
Yeah I hate that. I do like the AI on some of the more modern racers though, feels pretty nice racing 35 other cars around Le Sarthe without everyone trying to take each other out!

Resident aviation geek
Old 12-05-2017, 14:48   #5
Gratch
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_days_uk View Post
live for speed on the pc, if you haven't seen it download the demo and try it, real world physics its superb with force feedback
Nice one man I've not heard of that, I'll have a look at that at the weekend, cheers.

Resident aviation geek
The Following User Says Thank You to Gratch For This Useful Post:
strange_days_uk (13-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 15:07   #6
KNOXVILLE
Gav

Car: E46's (CSL, Manual M3 & 328) Nova 16v
PlayStation. 2 driving set ups with seats, wheels, pedals and a 12 foot projected screen.
KNOXVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KNOXVILLE For This Useful Post:
Gratch (17-05-2017), Jabo (13-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 15:33   #7
VI_Shooter
Regional Organiser

Car: Stock Silver VI GSR from Nippon!
My Car
CrazyA64 used to love playing Asseto Corsa on his gaming PC

I stick to Forza 6, etc.
Old 12-05-2017, 21:54   #8
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
It's not a sim as such and it doesn't have any Evo's unfortunately, but I really enjoy Driveclub on PS4 as it's got a really solid handling model and sense of speed that a lot of pure sims lack. I've enjoyed previous Gran Turismo games over the years, however I can't see me playing GT Sport as much as I have Driveclub this console generation.
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 15:42   #9
sloop
Senior User

My Car
I started playing Dirt on the PC, I only really play on the rally cross part of the game, it's good fun racing a 600bhp rx car, I only really play online. I use a 2nd hand g27 wheel and pedals and a playseat challenge, I am on the lookout for a fanatec wheel and pedals, but being a tight northerner I don't want to pay too much for it.
sloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 20:37   #10
johnd
Senior User

Car: EVO IX FQ340, APS 3" Exhaust, APS Intercooler, APS Cold Air Intake, Motec
What is the best software for learning all of the UK tracks?
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 21:50   #11
Jabo
Senior User

rFactor is generally used in pro simulators
Old 14-05-2017, 08:04   #12
strange_days_uk
Simon - EVO V

Car: EVO V
My Car
Driving/ Racing games & simulators

Rfactor and live for speed are the go to ones for proper physics. The graphics may not be the best but simulation physics are sublime, and being able to tweak geometry, tyre pressure, gear ratios etc is endless fun.

Rfactor has some fantastic add ons, you can download infinite numbers of real world tracks and roads and vehicle, my favourite was going up the Stelvio Pass in a Delta Integrale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidy View Post
Most TME owners have never driven an evo, including their own.
strange_days_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strange_days_uk For This Useful Post:
Gratch (17-05-2017), Jabo (14-05-2017)
Old 17-05-2017, 08:55   #13
Gratch
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
What is the best software for learning all of the UK tracks?
I would also say Project Cars in terms of accessibility, has most of the main UK tracks and as it's been released as a console game as well, it's a lot easier to pick up and play than trying to built a full on home simulator (unless that's what you're after?). In terms of learning braking distances, gears and lines etc, I've found it pretty much spot on.

When I did a track day at Brands, the similarities were uncanny I thought. I'm now using it to learn/ practice for the Nordschleife before I go there in real life!

Resident aviation geek
The Following User Says Thank You to Gratch For This Useful Post:
johnd (17-05-2017)
Old 17-05-2017, 09:01   #14
Gratch
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloop View Post
I started playing Dirt on the PC, I only really play on the rally cross part of the game, it's good fun racing a 600bhp rx car, I only really play online. I use a 2nd hand g27 wheel and pedals and a playseat challenge, I am on the lookout for a fanatec wheel and pedals, but being a tight northerner I don't want to pay too much for it.
Definitely agree, RX is a blast! Dirt Rally was pretty good fun I thought. And Project Cars 2 is gonna have RX cars as well

Resident aviation geek
Old 17-05-2017, 09:13   #15
Gratch
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiro View Post
It's not a sim as such and it doesn't have any Evo's unfortunately, but I really enjoy Driveclub on PS4 as it's got a really solid handling model and sense of speed that a lot of pure sims lack. I've enjoyed previous Gran Turismo games over the years, however I can't see me playing GT Sport as much as I have Driveclub this console generation.
Ah yeah I never really got into Driveclub, I think it's mainly because there's no proper racetracks on it and I didn't like the AI much, but the handling was really good and for the age of the game, the graphics are ace too!

Resident aviation geek
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: